X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JerseyAdam
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Did you see the interview with TD today as they were doing the Finalist Show on NFLN? While he was trying to be "grateful" for just being nominated, I could see just how much he wants it. They then had the panel "Make Their Case" for a guy. First, Peter King picked TO. He couldn't even pronounce TO's name correctly. I'm yelling at the TV saying, how do you make a case for a guy and you can't even pronounce his name, you jerk.

Sal Palantonio made his case for TD. He did a great job. He made his case while they showed TD on another screen. Man, I just can't take the constant disappointment for him and us Bronco fans. So tired of the bias for teams like the Steelers and Dallas Cowboys. Pisses me off royally.

I am still so resentful of Jerome Bettis.

PK is such a puppet. i think he is the commish's mouth piece, another fool. i hope Atwater gets in now, or he will have to wait after Reed gets in. TD, eventually, will get in. right or wrong, the RB position currently is not going to be producing HOF numbers for players like it once did. yes, the AP's happen once every 5-10 but RB's aren't put into the position to excel as they used and i don't see the NFL reverting back to a RB centric O with the rules today. although if there is on man who can do it, Kubs can! lol

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    I'll say it before and I'll say it again. The Selection Committee has four factors of consideration:
    -Dominance
    -Production
    -Longevity
    -Championships

There are plenty of HOFers who only have one pillar, yet are inducted. Lynn Swann, for example, was never among the best WRs in the league, never produced at statistically elite levels, and played just nine seasons. But he played on four championship teams and wore a Steelers uniform, so he's in.

TD was a dominant RB. He produced at elite levels. He won two champions. But his career was brief due to injuries. It is deplorable that the Selection Committee demands Broncos players have all four factors but Steelers need only one.

The Selection Committee bias against the Broncos is sickening.
    Did you see the interview with TD today as they were doing the Finalist Show on NFLN? While he was trying to be "grateful" for just being nominated, I could see just how much he wants it. They then had the panel "Make Their Case" for a guy. First, Peter King picked TO. He couldn't even pronounce TO's name correctly. I'm yelling at the TV saying, how do you make a case for a guy and you can't even pronounce his name, you jerk.

Sal Palantonio made his case for TD. He did a great job. He made his case while they showed TD on another screen. Man, I just can't take the constant disappointment for him and us Bronco fans. So tired of the bias for teams like the Steelers and Dallas Cowboys. Pisses me off royally.

I am still so resentful of Jerome Bettis.

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    I'll say it before and I'll say it again. The Selection Committee has four factors of consideration:
    -Dominance
    -Production
    -Longevity
    -Championships

There are plenty of HOFers who only have one pillar, yet are inducted. Lynn Swann, for example, was never among the best WRs in the league, never produced at statistically elite levels, and played just nine seasons. But he played on four championship teams and wore a Steelers uniform, so he's in.

TD was a dominant RB. He produced at elite levels. He won two champions. But his career was brief due to injuries. It is deplorable that the Selection Committee demands Broncos players have all four factors but Steelers need only one.

The Selection Committee bias against the Broncos is sickening.

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    I think TDs exposure on NFL network helps his cause alot.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    I like that list. Aside from TD, Coryall is definitely deserving of spot in Canton.
    yep, i thought Coryall deserved it last year. I just hope they don't put Dungy in over him. Dungy was a decent coach but I don't think he deserves HoF. He might just get it because he is on tv everyday and the exposure alone might swing the vote.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    My picks from this list are:

Favre
    TD
    Don Coryall
    Pace
    TO
    I like that list. Aside from TD, Coryall is definitely deserving of spot in Canton.

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Not getting my hopes up for TD. Been too disappointed each year. Probably not as much as he, but I feel so bummed each time he doesn't make it.

I hold so much resentment over Bettis that every time I see him I get mad. Not his fault but there is no way he should have been selected over TD.

How many times has Atwater been nominated?
    I feel the same way. I like Bettis but other than longevity, in no way was Bettis or Curtis Martin HOF RBs. They were both average to above average at best and nowhere near HOF-worthy. Nothing about their careers were great and nothing about their careers stands out other than longevity.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Watched the NFL network show last last

Seems the two guys there think these guys are going in

Favre (slam dunk)
    Green
    Harrison

That leaves two spots left.

They talked about trying to get a safety in....hope Atwater gets in because Reed and others are coming up soon which will probably push Atwater back even more.

They also talk about TD having a real good case but what happens is every year people get left out because other people have better cases. After listening to them talk I do not think TD will ever get in.

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Don Coryell for sure. He was a true innovator.
    I was surpised he was not already in. You do not hear it much from TV people but just about every coach you hear talk about Coryell talks about how much of a innovator he was.

His peers definately thinks he is HoF worthy.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Not getting my hopes up for TD. Been too disappointed each year. Probably not as much as he, but I feel so bummed each time he doesn't make it.

I hold so much resentment over Bettis that every time I see him I get mad. Not his fault but there is no way he should have been selected over TD.

How many times has Atwater been nominated?

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Don Coryell for sure. He was a true innovator.

Leave a comment:

• FrostySeamus
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    My picks from this list are:

Favre
    TD
    Don Coryall
    Pace
    TO
    Maybe someone knows something I don't, but if TO never officially retired, and as recently as last season was lobbying to be back in the NFL, how is he eligible? I suppose he hasn't played in 5 years, I just thought you had to retire officially.

Good list by the way.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa
    replied
    I too am holding out hope for TD .... lots and lots of hope. What disturbs me about that complete list, however, is DeBartolo. I guess Pete Rose should have played football instead of baseball; then he could be in the Hall of Fame. As far as I'm concerned, DeBartolo threw away his chance at the HoF when he got mixed up with gambling interests in Louisiana.

Leave a comment:

• AmanChin
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    He can make it this year. His bid is gaining ground. Even has a billboard in Canton.

The fact that Bettis made it makes me sick to my stomach
    Bettis and Martin in the Hall before TD is a travesty. Forget everything in the regular season. The 2008 yards... The MVP... 60 TDs in 7 seasons...

His 8 games in the playoffs are unmatched. Those numbers, for some, are career best seasons!

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    He can make it this year. His bid is gaining ground. Even has a billboard in Canton.

The fact that Bettis made it makes me sick to my stomach

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    Crossing my fingers for TD but realistically, not expecting it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X