Brian Billick "Broncos most likely to be one and done"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Yes the NFL doesn't give two hoots about player safety when it makes for great playoff television. Look what they let happen in last nights game. They say they don't condone it but silently they are all high fiving each other for all the publicity and monster TV ratings they got.
    What do you think they should have done last night? Granted, they missed the Shazier call, but they don't have the luxury of instant replay on that. What else?

Comment

Don't kid yourself. None of the injured players will miss time. Big Ben, the drama queen he is, will "gut it out". While Antonio Brown will really make a "miraculous" recovery from a concussion and will have "really benefited" from an extra days rest. The NFL, and teams only care about players safety when it's convenient. But when ratings and seasons are on the line they could care less.
      And can't see Brown playing after I saw what his neck did. Big Ben would play with his shoulder in a sling.

Comment

Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
        What do you think they should have done last night? Granted, they missed the Shazier call, but they don't have the luxury of instant replay on that. What else?
        The refs should have met with each coach at half and told them to knock it off. Next player to step out of line is ejected. That 4th quarter was just a bunch of thugs trying to inflict injuries on each other.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
          And can't see Brown playing after I saw what his neck did. Big Ben would play with his shoulder in a sling.
          Reports out of Pitt are already that of him being fine and is expected to play.
          sigpic

Comment

Reports out of Pitt are already that of him being fine and is expected to play.
            If he plays then I stand corrected. He laid there not moving for a long time.

Comment

The refs should have met with each coach at half and told them to knock it off. Next player to step out of line is ejected. That 4th quarter was just a bunch of thugs trying to inflict injuries on each other.
              You can't just eject players randomly. There are very specific rules that you have to follow. Who should have been ejected, and when?

Comment

Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                You can't just eject players randomly. There are very specific rules that you have to follow. Who should have been ejected, and when?
                Burfict, who was going insane on the field? Jeremy Hill for coming onto the field after the play to confront Shazier after the hit on Gio Bernard? The Bengals DT who came onto the field in a jacket to shove a Steeler (who was flagged for it)? Joey Porter getting into fight with players in the middle of the field when he had no business being there? You don't randomly eject players, you eject players or coaches who are clearly not playing within the spirit of the game after they have been warned.

The refs had 0 control last night and it was disgusting.
                sigpic

Comment

Instead of yardage penalties why not use the NHL model ? If a player crosses the line...he sits out for x number of minutes with no replacement. That would be a killer...one less O Lineman or D lineman. And you could also have a penalty shot.....field goal try from 60 yards out with no defenders....ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by tonray View Post
                    Instead of yardage penalties why not use the NHL model ? If a player crosses the line...he sits out for x number of minutes with no replacement. That would be a killer...one less O Lineman or D lineman. And you could also have a penalty shot.....field goal try from 60 yards out with no defenders....ha ha
                    I think you make great points - have penalties with greater impact during the game. The fines are after the game. While a 15 yard penalty definitely affects the game there could be extra for very specific situations.

Comment

I am seriously worried and see where Billick is coming from. We need a good gameplan on both sides of the ball, we need to give our o-line as much help as possible, we need to get the ball out of Peyton's hands quickly, because Pittsburgh will bring the house on every play. I understand the idea of establishing a running game, but not at the expense of putting us in constant 3rd and 8s. We match up well with their secondary but need to run shorter routes and quick hitters. Our o-line scares me against a blitzing Steelers defense.

On defense we CANNOT cover Brown one on one, and Von Miller needs to seriously step up and be the impact player he is about to be paid to be. He dissapears too often in games, we cannot afford that this week. Thier run game doesn't frighten me at all vs. our D, we cannot let Brown beat us, period. Phillips needs to understand that you cannot cover that guy one on one.

One last thing, we cannot buy into Pittsburgh's crap. They will hit after the whistle, they will pinch, poke, and take any cheapshot they can, they will taunt and get in our faces non-stop, it's what they do. If we react, we will get flagged for it, they won't. They are like the big brother that picks and picks, then when you pick back they yell "Mommy he's picking on me." They draw flags every game because the other team loses their cool, it's sickening to watch. There will be at least 2-3 no-calls on them and 2-3 phantom calls on us. We need to expect that and keep our cool.

If we keep our cool, keep Manning upright, don't turn the ball over, and don't let Antonio Brown beat us we should win handley. However, the refs will play into it, they always do when Pittsburgh is involved, we need to rise above it and keep our heads in the right place. Send these clowns home beaten and bruised.

Comment

Let the players play.

If the game was determined on what people picked, why do the teams even play? BECAUSE IT IS AN OPPORTUNITY.

Let our guys play.

GO BRONCOS!
                        50 Stars and 13 Bars

Comment

Seems unwise to bet against a top three defensive unit in January.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                            I am seriously worried and see where Billick is coming from. We need a good gameplan on both sides of the ball, we need to give our o-line as much help as possible, we need to get the ball out of Peyton's hands quickly, because Pittsburgh will bring the house on every play. I understand the idea of establishing a running game, but not at the expense of putting us in constant 3rd and 8s. We match up well with their secondary but need to run shorter routes and quick hitters. Our o-line scares me against a blitzing Steelers defense.

On defense we CANNOT cover Brown one on one, and Von Miller needs to seriously step up and be the impact player he is about to be paid to be. He dissapears too often in games, we cannot afford that this week. Thier run game doesn't frighten me at all vs. our D, we cannot let Brown beat us, period. Phillips needs to understand that you cannot cover that guy one on one.

One last thing, we cannot buy into Pittsburgh's crap. They will hit after the whistle, they will pinch, poke, and take any cheapshot they can, they will taunt and get in our faces non-stop, it's what they do. If we react, we will get flagged for it, they won't. They are like the big brother that picks and picks, then when you pick back they yell "Mommy he's picking on me." They draw flags every game because the other team loses their cool, it's sickening to watch. There will be at least 2-3 no-calls on them and 2-3 phantom calls on us. We need to expect that and keep our cool.

If we keep our cool, keep Manning upright, don't turn the ball over, and don't let Antonio Brown beat us we should win handley. However, the refs will play into it, they always do when Pittsburgh is involved, we need to rise above it and keep our heads in the right place. Send these clowns home beaten and bruised.
                            Yes, Broncos D cannot lose their cool. I'm looking at you, Aqib Talib.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                              Hard to argue with Billick. He spells it out, accurately. Frankly, I don't think we have a chance against KC or Pittsburgh, and very little chance against Cincy, no matter who is playing QB for us.

But, that's why we play the games!!!
                              Well Pittsburgh may be down a QB and WR for the game...KC has been beaten and can be beaten.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sheenabobeena View Post
                                Yes, Broncos D cannot lose their cool. I'm looking at you, Aqib Talib.
                                I agree, it's easier to show up a team by just playing well and making the other team make mistakes and look bad. I'm never a fan of trash talking and getting in people's face. Walk the walk so you don't have to talk to talk, in that sense. Then you can walk the walk off into the sunset with a championship trophy
                                I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X