X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    Sure but that is a really fine line. Emotion can in some cases allow you to elevate your level of play and in some cases is a difference maker in a win. I think a much better mantra in a game like this is "When the whistle blows that ends the extra circulars as well."

really that is what was so bad about the Steelers game it was all the post play pushing and shoving.
    Exactly, that emotion helped Burfict sack and injure Big Ben and get the potential game ending interception, that same emotion also led to a killer penalty

Leave a comment:

• duhyaj
    replied
    Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
    Good. Do that EVERY day, including game day, and chant "We can't lose control" on the way out of the tunnel. Maybe by the first snap, it'll take root. We've got enough opponents paying good money to screw us up; we don't need to be doing it to ourselves for free.
    problem is even with him telling them that our safety is talking out loud before the game about purposefully going after the Steelers center's knee for "payback" for Bruton hit. if they are thinking it, it will happen... regardless of what coaches preach.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Salutethis View Post
    I love it!! Five minute penalty for the player, coach is gone for a quarter, special teams gone for the rest of the game...call goodell and lets make this happen!!!
    I am not gonna lie...that is a really interesting model...to me that would make for an interesting pre-season test. For certain types of penalties the offending player must sit for X number of snaps depending on the type of penalty with no player subbing in for them.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
    Good. Do that EVERY day, including game day, and chant "We can't lose control" on the way out of the tunnel. Maybe by the first snap, it'll take root. We've got enough opponents paying good money to screw us up; we don't need to be doing it to ourselves for free.
    Sure but that is a really fine line. Emotion can in some cases allow you to elevate your level of play and in some cases is a difference maker in a win. I think a much better mantra in a game like this is "When the whistle blows that ends the extra circulars as well."

really that is what was so bad about the Steelers game it was all the post play pushing and shoving.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Heard Kubiak mention in his presser that he stressed to the players the need to keep cool and not lose focus or emotions.

Said they went over the game between CIN and PIT and understand that it will be physical but that they can't allow it to get out of control.

Leave a comment:

• tonray
    replied
    Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Broncos D is good for at least a couple of personal fouls per game. Its just who they are.

yes an undisciplined lot.....if we get to the SuperBowl that may cost us the championship.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Broncos D is good for at least a couple of personal fouls per game. Its just who they are.
    Heard Kubiak mention in his presser that he stressed to the players the need to keep cool and not lose focus or emotions.

Said they went over the game between CIN and PIT and understand that it will be physical but that they can't allow it to get out of control.

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    Originally posted by sheenabobeena View Post
    Yes, Broncos D cannot lose their cool. I'm looking at you, Aqib Talib.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
    It is always good to be the underdog. Even if you're the better team.

If a coach can convince his players that the world is betting against you, the coach has done his job. It's the best motivation ever. And the analysts are doing Kubiak a favor.
    As of this morning, Vegas has Pittsburgh as the underdog with Denver at -6.5. Vegas' motivation is to make money, not fill air time. I'll view the odds makers as being more accurate than some TV talking head.

Leave a comment:

• tonray
    replied
    Originally posted by Salutethis View Post
    I love it!! Five minute penalty for the player, coach is gone for a quarter, special teams gone for the rest of the game...call goodell and lets make this happen!!!

I would but that would mean I would be violating my restraining order....I'm already in hot water with that 'misunderstanding' outside the Beyonce residence last year....

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Reports out of Pitt are already that of him being fine and is expected to play.
    Most recent reports I've seen list him as unlikely...

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...T:topheadlines

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...denver-broncos

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Reports out of Pitt are already that of him being fine and is expected to play.
    Last I saw he's in concussion protocol.

Leave a comment:

• Salutethis
    replied
    Originally posted by tonray View Post
    Instead of yardage penalties why not use the NHL model ? If a player crosses the line...he sits out for x number of minutes with no replacement. That would be a killer...one less O Lineman or D lineman. And you could also have a penalty shot.....field goal try from 60 yards out with no defenders....ha ha

Leave a comment:

• snewguy
    replied
    i think we'll beat Steelers and it wont be that close... the Bungles keep inventing new ways to lose, but that was one physical game... Ben and Brown if he plays will be banged up... my biggest concern is Scoffield and Kubiak not providing any help to him ... Raiders and Bungles, etc.. can our O line lose a third playoff game against the opposing D line at home again???? for once, i think you see us run the ball well in a playoff game... in second half, if we don't just Scoffields side cuz he's gonna be looking at Manning on the ground every possession... new coaches, i think we show up for the first time in years...

Leave a comment:

• paycheckeffort
    replied
    Originally posted by tonray View Post
    Instead of yardage penalties why not use the NHL model ? If a player crosses the line...he sits out for x number of minutes with no replacement. That would be a killer...one less O Lineman or D lineman. And you could also have a penalty shot.....field goal try from 60 yards out with no defenders....ha ha
    Yes, great idea for all serious/finable violations.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X