• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning can lift Denver Broncos with right game plan

By Bucky Brooks
    NFL Media analyst
    Published: Jan. 14, 2016 at 03:00 p.m.
    Updated: Jan. 14, 2016 at 03:15 p.m.

The best game planners in the NFL can craft scripts that accentuate the strengths of the quarterback while minimizing the signal caller's deficiencies. Although the play designer must factor in the skills of his perimeter playmakers, his primary goal is to make the quarterback as comfortable as possible on game day.

In Denver, Gary Kubiak faces the daunting task of building a playoff game plan around a veteran quarterback with limited mobility and declining arm talent in Peyton Manning. Although Manning played at an MVP level as recently as 2013, the 18th-year pro is having one of the worst seasons of his career. Consider that he had the second-most interceptions in the NFL this season (17) despite playing in just 10 games (nine starts). If there are any lingering effects of the foot injury that interrupted his season, his mobility, zip, velocity and range could be limited.

Given those concerns heading into the Broncos' divisional matchup with the Steelers on Sunday, Kubiak will need to come up a plan that helps his veteran quarterback get into a groove against a Pittsburgh defense that's rounding into form in the postseason. After digging into the All-22 Coaches Film, I've come up with five things I expect the Broncos to do to help Manning orchestrate a win:

Read rest of article with vids here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ight-game-plan

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Good stuff. So long as there are none of those quick out routes. Those have been disastrous.
    sigpic

Comment

The Broncos better have an effective run game to help Manning orchestrate a win!

sigpic

Comment

We'll need quick routes and excellent pass protection. Manning's immobility will kill us if Denver can't provide both.

Comment

I have had a LOT of questions about the Dennison offense play book, especially after Brock came in, little to no creativity, weak predictable plays, 3rd and 1 and NO RB when trailing, I hope Peyton has something to do with the design, he is probably the best OC on the field

Comment

Working...
          X