No announcement yet.

Wolfe signs a 4 year extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't get why Vasquez is on the chopping block with fans. It's been mentioned already but he's been playing through injury between two very inexperienced players on a unit that lack any semblance of cohesion with no good depth behind him.

It would be surprising to me if the coaches or the FO were even eyeing him for some kind of replacement especially with other glaring issues with the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      I still don't get why Vasquez is on the chopping block with fans. It's been mentioned already but he's been playing through injury between two very inexperienced players on a unit that lack any semblance of cohesion with no good depth behind him.

It would be surprising to me if the coaches or the FO were even eyeing him for some kind of replacement especially with other glaring issues with the line.
      I don't think he's gone or that the FO even thinks he's gone but drafting a tackle/guard early to sit behind him isn't a bad idea either.
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
        I don't think he's gone or that the FO even thinks he's gone but drafting a tackle/guard early to sit behind him isn't a bad idea either.
        Agreed with both. I think we'll draft a tackle and a guard, one of which will be our first pick. I think fans are being unrealistic about Vasquez. Fans basically want every OLmen replaced, ignoring the fact that some players are inexperienced or injured. A good OL needs to be healthy, needs experience, and most of all needs cohesion. If there is no strong chemistry, the line will fail. Rotation is nice, but too much moving around equals our current line, Packers line, and the Patriots line.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Even outside sources see Vasquez as a bubble player

http://www.spotrac.com/research/NFL/...asualties-561/
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
            Even outside sources see Vasquez as a bubble player

http://www.spotrac.com/research/NFL/...asualties-561/
            I trust my own instincts and from what I've seen from Vasquez over a reporter I've never met and have no clue what they know about football.
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
              I trust my own instincts and from what I've seen from Vasquez over a reporter I've never met and have no clue what they know about football.
              Plus just because a web reporter says a player should go doesn't mean anything. They are just like us spectators, assuming what we will about the coming offseason.

Never even heard of that site.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I agree

Know that Vaz is a All Pro talent and issues at tackle, plus injuries, have messed with him this year and last. Even with all this he is still rated as a good pass blocker this year.

With all the issues at tackle it would be a bad idea to send Vaz packing imo
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                  My guess on cap number

2016 6.5M (Guaranteed)
                  2017 11M (Guaranteed)
                  2018 10M
                  2019 10M

4 years 37.5M, 17.5M guaranteed

Actual cap numbers (even friendlier than I predicted)

2016 $6,800,000
                  2017 $7,925,000
                  2018 $10,425,000
                  2019 $11,425,000

Comment

derek wolfe signs 4 extenstion

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ract-extension
                    The Denver Broncos are sticking with one of their promising defensive talents for the long haul.
                    The team announced Friday that it has signed defensive end Derek Wolfe to a four-year contract extension. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Wolfe's deal is worth $36.7 million with $17.5 million in guarantees, per a source. Wolfe could have earned more money elsewhere, but he wanted to stay in Denver, per Rapoport.

Wolfe missed the first four games of the 2015 season due to suspension and still racked up 5.5 sacks and a career-high 49 combined tackles. A fixture on Denver's top-ranked defense, Wolfe has outperformed all but three 3-4 defensive ends since Week 5, according to Pro Football Focus.

His first task as a newly minted man? Shut down a shorthanded Steelers offense on Sunday.
                    4 year 36m 9m a year way higher then people though
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I dunno. I think he could have gotten more. Certainly could have had more guaranteed. Anyone who thought he was a 4-6 million dollar range player wasn't paying attention to his play this year.
                      Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                        http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ract-extension

4 year 36m 9m a year way higher then people though
                        nope. Right where I thought he would be. I predicted in the $8-10M range.

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
                        I dunno. I think he could have gotten more. Certainly could have had more guaranteed. Anyone who thought he was a 4-6 million dollar range player wasn't paying attention to his play this year.
                        agreed. That's a lowball number for him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          nope. Right where I thought he would be. I predicted in the $8-10M range.

agreed. That's a lowball number for him.
                          well i was thinking 8m range. so it is a million more then i though we could get him for, but i am happy he is a bronco. really want a few more jerseys. and i like the name. 95 wolfe may be one i get soon.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Wolfe 6.8M cap hit first year and 8M the 2nd year, if cut year 3, it is a 3.75M cap hit...very team friendly deal, but don't see him getting cut.

Comment

Working...
                            X