Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Today’s headline "The winner of Steelers-Broncos was the New England Patriots".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Today’s headline "The winner of Steelers-Broncos was the New England Patriots".

USA Today’s headline "The winner of Steelers-Broncos was the New England Patriots". Like Denver has already lost to New England. Maybe New England should have had to play Pittsburgh anywhere, and hear their crybaby whimpering after getting spanked. Never mind the Broncos already beat New England and this game toughened up Denver unlike New England getting a much less stronger foe, and only winning by one TD.

I hope the Bronco’s defense and offense gives New England a dose of their destruction of Green Bay in the 1998 Super Bowl XXXII. Denver was hitting all those Packers so hard, so often, that a lot of those Packers would leave the field and didn’t even want to get back in the game after being pummeled so badly for 60 minutes.

I hope the Denver Broncos put this USA Today’s headline up for the Bronco players to roll up and shove it right back up USA Today’s YOU KNOW WHAT!

And of course, send Tom Brady and his band of cheaters back to Foxboro to watch the Super Bowl on Television. That would be Poetic Justice.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...z&ocid=delldhp

The way I look at is PFM is bound to have a really good game or Two left in him, wouldn't it be great to have them now.
    John Elway has put PFM in a GREAT situation.
    All PFM has to do is have Two more good games, and go out like JFE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
      The way I look at is PFM is bound to have a really good game or Two left in him, wouldn't it be great to have them now.
      John Elway has put PFM in a GREAT situation.
      All PFM has to do is have Two more good games, and go out like JFE!!!!
      I wish I could share your optimism.

Manning is who he is at this point. He has shown very little ability to rise above average all season long. Yes, I know. he has had a few moments of grandeur to make us remember the Manning of a couple years ago. But he can not sustain it. His overall performance has been telling us what he can do all season. We just refuse to listen.

I hate to be pessimistic, but IMO we watched the best of what Manning is capable of yesterday. I am not expecting anything more against NE. In fact I see the Broncos falling behind and even more reliance on Manning to "make plays" and the expectable outcome.

Maybe the Broncos will surprise me and grind out another win. Defense will be the key. If they can create pressure on Brady, limit YAC and create some turnovers who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Manning is who he is at this point. He has shown very little ability to rise above average all season long. Yes, I know. he has had a few moments of grandeur to make us remember the Manning of a couple years ago. But he can not sustain it. His overall performance has been telling us what he can do all season. We just refuse to listen.

I hate to be pessimistic, but IMO we watched the best of what Manning is capable of yesterday. I am not expecting anything more against NE. In fact I see the Broncos falling behind and even more reliance on Manning to "make plays" and the expectable outcome.

Maybe the Broncos will surprise me and grind out another win. Defense will be the key. If they can create pressure on Brady, limit YAC and create some turnovers who knows.
        Manning wasn't "awful" yesterday, but he wasn't great. Some of that was the wind, some of that was the WR's some was the o-line. we can't control all of those tings next week, but if the o-line and Wr's do their job and Manning doesn't turn over the ball, we can be competitive next week at the very least.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Let me channel my inter "Chrissy" here!

The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achives the impossible!!!!

🎏🎏🎏

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Manning wasn't "awful" yesterday, but he wasn't great. Some of that was the wind, some of that was the WR's some was the o-line. we can't control all of those tings next week, but if the o-line and Wr's do their job and Manning doesn't turn over the ball, we can be competitive next week at the very least.
            Think about that statement for a moment. Is that the new standard by which we judge? Are Bronco expectations for QB play so low? "Manning wasn't awful". Hurrah!

There is a reason the headline was written. There is a reason that the Pats will come to Denver favored. People outside Denver have watched them play and judge accordingly. Most of them are not emotionally linked to "hoping" Manning can play well.

Broncos have a game to win. It will take overall team excellence to do so. If the Broncos need bulletin board material at this point they are pathetic. But beyond that they need a QB capable of making plays consistently. They will need an efficient offense. No more drops, no more whimpering 3 and outs. And especially no turnovers.

Comment

Don't those idiots realize that if there is one place that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have struggled, it is in Denver.

Historically this is the one place that, that team and that Coach have struggled consistently.

The USA today along with the Patsy fanbase are so ignorant in their arrogance that they fail to remember facts like this.

This is why Denver will once again win this matchup and knock them out of the playoffs.

Comment

Many people say they know what will happen in the future. When it comes to football, I just try to figure out what happened on the last play.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  Don't those idiots realize that if there is one place that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have struggled, it is in Denver.

Historically this is the one place that, that team and that Coach have struggled consistently.

The USA today along with the Patsy fanbase are so ignorant in their arrogance that they fail to remember facts like this.

This is why Denver will once again win this matchup and knock them out of the playoffs.
                  There were reasons we lost those games that had nothing to do with venue. Most recently, the last 2 times we went there we were depleted by injury. In the 2005 playoff game, even Champ admitted that it was a touchback.

I don't view Mile High as a place we can't win. The last time we went there healthy we won 41-23. We're healthy this time, it's a good match up for us, and we have a very good team. This is the most confident I've ever been for an AFCCG... and we've had a lot of them around here.

Comment

Why does USA Today's headline bother you. It shouldn't because it is true. Yes, the Broncos got the win in a gritty game against a banged up Steelers team. And yes the Broncos won a gritty game against a depleted Patriots team earlier in the year. But Ive watched both teams and the Patriots look like playoff caliber and the Broncos don't look like they belong. My eyes tell me all I need to know. I mean honestly, if there was a gun to your head and you were forced to pick the winner of the AFC matchup next week, who you honestly going to pick?

Comment

I don't care what anyone media or fans says. Until the clock hits 0 next Sunday with the Patriots in the lead we absolutely have a chance to win. Even with Peyton Manning. And I will not change my mind until the above happens.

There is a reason they play the games. Because it doesn't always play out the way you think on Paper.

Tom Brady has reached his amazing record setting 10th conference championship game. Well he has lost 4 of them. And lost two SB's of the 6 he did win.

On Paper Brady has probably been favored in all 10. And yet has only taken home 4 rings. Which is impressive. But it still means there is a chance.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TeamOfDestiny View Post
                        There were reasons we lost those games that had nothing to do with venue. Most recently, the last 2 times we went there we were depleted by injury. In the 2005 playoff game, even Champ admitted that it was a touchback.

I don't view Mile High as a place we can't win. The last time we went there healthy we won 41-23. We're healthy this time, it's a good match up for us, and we have a very good team. This is the most confident I've ever been for an AFCCG... and we've had a lot of them around here.
                        typical hypocrisy of new england, when you win you're the best team ever, when you lose its injuries this excuses that and so on. Have some dignity for crying out loud, pittsburgh right now has more class than you, think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                          I don't care what anyone media or fans says. Until the clock hits 0 next Sunday with the Patriots in the lead we absolutely have a chance to win. Even with Peyton Manning. And I will not change my mind until the above happens.

There is a reason they play the games. Because it doesn't always play out the way you think on Paper.

Tom Brady has reached his amazing record setting 10th conference championship game. Well he has lost 4 of them. And lost two SB's of the 6 he did win.

On Paper Brady has probably been favored in all 10. And yet has only taken home 4 rings. Which is impressive. But it still means there is a chance.

Comment

Manning is holding the team back. He didn't look good yesterday. His passes were not consistent. Often they looked slow getting to the receiver. He often locked onto one receiver and didnt look elsewhere and thats going to cost the team eventually in the former of an INT. He was inaccurate on the long throws as usual. He has no zip on his throws. Every pass he throws to the outside I expect to get picked off because it's just too damn slow getting there. His arm is not going to win a game and I don't know if the Broncos running game is good enough to carry the offense. They've skating by on defense and doing just enough on offense. The team's play doesn't inspire confidence, it inspires heart attacks.

Having said all that, I think the Broncos match up well with the Cheatriots. They can beat them again but it's going to take a team effort and some lucky plays.

Comment

When both teams have been healthy since 2011: NE has won 41-23 (in Denver), 45-10, 31-21, and 43-21. Not really close contests.

Comment

Working...
                              X