Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Today’s headline "The winner of Steelers-Broncos was the New England Patriots".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Narco View Post
    Manning is holding the team back. He didn't look good yesterday. His passes were not consistent. Often they looked slow getting to the receiver. He often locked onto one receiver and didnt look elsewhere and thats going to cost the team eventually in the former of an INT. He was inaccurate on the long throws as usual. He has no zip on his throws. Every pass he throws to the outside I expect to get picked off because it's just too damn slow getting there. His arm is not going to win a game and I don't know if the Broncos running game is good enough to carry the offense. They've skating by on defense and doing just enough on offense. The team's play doesn't inspire confidence, it inspires heart attacks.

Having said all that, I think the Broncos match up well with the Cheatriots. They can beat them again but it's going to take a team effort and some lucky plays.
    We must have been watching different games. If you take away the drops, Manning completed 75% of his passes yesterday. And the drops were just that, drops.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      During the Tom Brady era, New England is 2-8 when playing at Denver including 0-2 in playoff games.
      Silly Sam bringing up stats that are damning to his argument...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
        As with many things in football though the future is often evaluated/ predicted by past plays...
        Sure. Did it work? If so, let's try that again. If not, let's skip it. Scouting, planning, calling D and plays is a guess. It's an educated guess, but it's still a guess. The future is inherently subjunctive. Those who claim to know it are deceiving themselves.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by S h o O o b i e View Post
          I cannot believe this headline! So much hate on the Denver Broncos it is ridiculous but makes me be an even more PROUD fan. New England better be worried about whats going to happen in Denver. Our offensive line is going to come off stronger next game. This team wants to go to the SB and the Pat's arnt going to stop us!
          Such is the nature of the view from east of the Hudson.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Liberty View Post
            You beat my Patriots while they were on life support. You have to beat the real deal this weekend.
            No problem! Watch and learn!!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Many people say they know what will happen in the future. When it comes to football, I just try to figure out what happened on the last play.
              With years of extremely good material to choose from, this may be my favorite quote of yours of all time, Sam.
              Well said, as always.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                The headline reminds me of why I started hating the Patriots.

I never hated the Patriots until the 2005 playoffs.

Prior to that game, the talking heads were acting as though it was a foregone conclusion that the Patriots were going to win. They completely disregarded the fact that the Broncos had a winning record against the Patriots, including Brady and Belichick.

We'll see what happens on game day.
                As if the Patriots are responsible for what the press says.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamOfDestiny View Post
                  Those players we were missing were key pieces in helping us win a SB. It's a valid reason for why we lost. Luckily, we won't be missing them this time around.
                  Curious what would have been the story if the KC LBer actually caught the pass from Brady that hit him in the bicep when he jumped the route?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii007 View Post
                    Curious what would have been the story if the KC LBer actually caught the pass from Brady that hit him in the bicep when he jumped the route?
                    Or if Andy Reid was a better clock manager..or wait for it..if Andy Reid ever figures out the TD's are a HUGE part of winning a football game instead of FG's,,lol btw , when we kick FG's is purely for demonstration on how to do it properly..

Comment

I think it's a bit funny that the Broncos are being overlooked. The only reason we are in the game is because of our #1 defense. And even after a terrible gameplan by Wade, we still held the Steelers to 16 points. The mighty Patriots only scored four more points at home than we did!

Which is great imo. I hope our defense sees this utter lack of respect, and tears up Brady and Co. this weekend.

Comment

DEN is in a win-win situation... Nothing to lose... They're also going to be underestimated and made to feel disrespected... It only takes a few plays to sway momentum and alter course of events... This game has been in preparation for 4 years now... Here we are... It will boil down to scheme and game plan and then execution and will.

We may get blown out... We may win with a late drive... It just "feels" just like SB vs GB...

I think CJ and Von and DT and Talib all have to make HUGE at a for us... Just win your individual
                        Matchups...

Comment

All these past stats mean nothing

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                            DEN is in a win-win situation... Nothing to lose... They're also going to be underestimated and made to feel disrespected... It only takes a few plays to sway momentum and alter course of events... This game has been in preparation for 4 years now... Here we are... It will boil down to scheme and game plan and then execution and will.

We may get blown out... We may win with a late drive... It just "feels" just like SB vs GB...

I think CJ and Von and DT and Talib all have to make HUGE at a for us... Just win your individual
                            Matchups...
                            I don't understand why people keep saying this. Yes, the Broncos DO have something to lose -a rare opportunity to get to the Superbowl. It's extremely hard to get to that game! Just ask the other thirty teams! This is why Broncos fans are are still pained by that January 2006 AFCCG we lost to the Steelers because we were so close, only a game away. So once again, the stakes are huge! To say that there's no pressure on the team is false.

But being counted out by everyone goes to our team's advantage, especially if any of the P*ts players happen to be as cocky as their fans or the media so they underestimate us and make mistakes, and to generate a chip on the team's shoulders so they play with a lot more intensity than they did last Sunday.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              Don't those idiots realize that if there is one place that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have struggled, it is in Denver.

Historically this is the one place that, that team and that Coach have struggled consistently.

The USA today along with the Patsy fanbase are so ignorant in their arrogance that they fail to remember facts like this.

This is why Denver will once again win this matchup and knock them out of the playoffs.
                              They're not ignorant at all. Remember who they are. A periodical. Their goal is to SELL PAPERS....(and get hits totheir site...sell ads etc...)not give a genuine credible football analysis, but to shock people in to buying their paper. Look how effective it is, it caught our attention. New England fans are enjoying the read with a bowl of chowda. Denver fans are grabbing it pissed. Everybody else enjoys the thought of reading about the fall of someone built up to be great. It's drama, it's a money maker.

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                                I don't understand why people keep saying this. Yes, the Broncos DO have something to lose -a rare opportunity to get to the Superbowl. It's extremely hard to get to that game! Just ask the other thirty teams! This is why Broncos fans are are still pained by that January 2006 AFCCG we lost to the Steelers because we were so close, only a game away. So once again, the stakes are huge! To say that there's no pressure on the team is false.

But being counted out by everyone goes to our team's advantage, especially if any of the P*ts players happen to be as cocky as their fans or the media so they underestimate us and make mistakes, and to generate a chip on the team's shoulders so they play with a lot more intensity than they did last Sunday.

It may be cliche but it's also fundamentally on point: the rhetoric, psychologically, pushes an athlete beyond a threshold where there is no pressure... Mainly bc there is no expectation of success (from external sources)... It makes the team focus on taking that which has almost already been deprived from them.

They enter the game solely concentrating on proving the world wrong for doubting them... It turns it into a crusade to the extent the athlete isn't worried about failure but keenly zoned in on achieving the unthinkable.

Ergo, this is what is meant with "nothing to lose." There is no fear of failure... After all, you earn (or win) the right to move on... You earn (or win) a trip to SB.

It may sound like semantics... But there's a valid argument to be made by the underdog principle... How galvanizing and liberating it is... How it allows them to zero in on what matters most (visualizing success).

I think it applies to PM specifically in many ways... The end of the line for him, the benching and having wife and rep dragged thru the mud...

Not all stand up to the trial & challenge... But, occasionally, there rises an underdog worthy of David... and the common refrain is as familiar as the Bart Scott (?) quote after jets knocked off Brady (they can't stop a noise bleed)...

Let's hope Kubiak presents this paradigm to this team... What is at stake here isn't "losing" out on an opportunity to get to a SB... What is on the line here is slapping everyone in the face who doubts and state emphatically to those imbeciles: never question our heart, soul, will, talent ever again. Not in our house, not this time, not this team.
                                Last edited by fraguela09; 01-18-2016, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X