Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Harris “played with one arm,” severely limited by shoulder injury

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chris Harris “played with one arm,” severely limited by shoulder injury

    It's a concern, for sure.



    It’s no secret that NFL players often hide or downplay the significance of their injuries. Broncos cornerback Chris Harris is just the latest.

    On the Steelers’ second offensive drive, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger threw a short pass to receiver Sammie Coates. Harris struggled to chase Coates and missed the tackle.

    After the play he slammed his helmet on the sidelines, the shoulder injury was back.

    “It affected my whole game. It was so hard to play,” Harris said. “I preach on getting hands every time on somebody. It’s hard playing my game, and part of my game is taken away. I have to figure out a way.”

    The second-team All-Pro selection suffered a deep bone bruise on his left shoulder in the first quarter of the Broncos’ regular season finale against San Diego. He took on a block from Chargers’ tight end Antonio Gates, which he said hit him square on the bone.

    Harris finished the game, but was clearly in pain afterwards. He rehabbed during the bye week and a portion of the week in preparation of the Steelers before returning to practice.

    Harris said he had to take himself out of his usual role of playing nearly every snap Sunday against Pittsburgh. Cornerback Bradley Roby came in for Harris on base snaps. Harris strictly played nickel cornerback. He said he expects Sunday’s AFC championship game to be similar.

    “I played with one arm the whole game,” Harris said. “You saw it out there I could barely move.”

    Roby forced a key fumble on Steelers’ running back Fitzgerald Toussaint that led to the Broncos’ game-winning touchdown.

    Harris was delegated to playing a lot of trail and off coverage due to his inability to jam receivers at the line.

    The injury is especially notable with shifty Patriots’ receiver Julian Edelman coming to town Sunday.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-injury/37272/

  • #2
    Time to call the demon sorcerer that Roethlisberger used this last week. Or if the doctors say that there's no chance of further damage, he can always take the needle. Not the preferred route, but if there's no chance of further damage and it will help him be able to play, it might be something to think about.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      Time to call the demon sorcerer that Roethlisberger used this last week. Or if the doctors say that there's no chance of further damage, he can always take the needle. Not the preferred route, but if there's no chance of further damage and it will help him be able to play, it might be something to think about.
      no kidding. we need chris harris

      especially since edelman is back.

      im nervous

      Comment


      • #4
        Imo we have to go without Harris this week if his arm is the same

        He is no where near the cb he is without his arm and hand.

        Imo he should have been inactive against the Steelers
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

        Comment


        • #5
          Roby needs to step up and I believe he will answer the call.
          sigpic

          Defense wins championships

          Comment


          • #6
            going for that useless int on 4th down is what hurt him.

            not a block.
            sigpic

            Hooray, beer!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hadez View Post
              Imo we have to go without Harris this week if his arm is the same

              He is no where near the cb he is without his arm and hand.

              Imo he should have been inactive against the Steelers
              I actually wholeheartedly agree.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                I wonder if a harness similar to what Champ wore would help? I know Champ was due to multiple separations, but I wonder if the added support and restricted range of motion would help.
                #swapping

                Comment


                • #9
                  He needs to sit, yeah we need him, but he'd do more harm than good. This is part of the NFL, the Patriots are dealing with injuries as well, Jones, Collins, and Mayo. It is what it is.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I do not agree he needs to sit. We need our best players available and he is one of them. I can see his role changing to cover Edelman, but not sitting out. Harris is the only guy that has a shot at shutting down Eldelman and Denver will have to do as part of their winning strategy. If Roby plays the slot, that leaves Webster on the outside guy and I don't think he gets the job done against Brady.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                      I do not agree he needs to sit. We need our best players available and he is one of them. I can see his role changing to cover Edelman, but not sitting out. Harris is the only guy that has a shot at shutting down Eldelman and Denver will have to do as part of their winning strategy. If Roby plays the slot, that leaves Webster on the outside guy and I don't think he gets the job done against Brady.
                      If he's hurting the team he should sit. He didn't play that well against the Steelers imo, and I'dsay that was because of the injury. Do you honestly think he's gonna be able to handle Edelman with one arm?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                        If he's hurting the team he should sit. He didn't play that well against the Steelers imo, and I'dsay that was because of the injury. Do you honestly think he's gonna be able to handle Edelman with one arm?
                        I'd rather have a one-armed Harris on Edelman than a two-armed Roby or Webster on Edelman.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                          I'd rather have a one-armed Harris on Edelman than a two-armed Roby or Webster on Edelman.
                          I understand the concept. I do not think u understand how much Harris play is effected by his injury

                          He is playing horrible and if NE picks up on that in film he will be exploited big time.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                            I understand the concept. I do not think u understand how much Harris play is effected by his injury

                            He is playing horrible and if NE picks up on that in film he will be exploited big time.
                            Oh, I do. I just have a different opinion. Brady will quick release to thwart our pass rush and that means Edelman on crossing routes and I don't think Roby or Webster can get the job done. Ordinarily, I would be fine with Roby, but we lose and we go home and I think it is clear what the Pats have to do to win and I think a one-armed Harris is our best option. He is the quickest CB we have and Edelman will be like trying to chase a mad gnat out there and I think he is too much for the other guys. If Harris can play, I think he is the best option-- we lose we are done-- we win then he can sit against Carolina if necessary.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                              He needs to sit, yeah we need him, but he'd do more harm than good. This is part of the NFL, the Patriots are dealing with injuries as well, Jones, Collins, and Mayo. It is what it is.
                              The Pats are dealing with injuries? You'd think one of their fans or someone in the media would mention this fact?....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X