Antonio Smith says Tom Brady cries too much to refs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Smith says Tom Brady cries too much to refs

I would agree, and don't understand how he doesn't get flagged for it.

The*Denver Broncos*may be bringing some tissues onto the field for Sunday's AFC Championship Game.

With*Tom Brady*and the*New England Patriots*set to visit Denver, Broncos defensive lineman*Antonio Smith*said it's fair to call the four-time winning Super Bowl quarterback a crybaby.

Antonio Smith says Tom Brady cries too much to refs.

The*Denver Broncos*may be bringing some tissues onto the field for Sunday's AFC Championship Game.

With*Tom Brady*and the*New England Patriots*set to visit Denver, Broncos defensive lineman*Antonio Smith*said it's fair to call the four-time winning Super Bowl quarterback a crybaby.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady may be scary good in the postseason, but he is only 2-6 in games played in Denver.

"That would be an accurate statement. I've never seen any quarterback look to the referee right after he gets sacked more than Brady," Smith told theColorado Springs Gazette*on Monday. "Every time he gets sacked he looks at the ref like, 'You see him sack me? Was that supposed to happen? He did it a little hard. Please throw a 15-yard penalty on him. Get him fined.'"

Smith wasn't all negative about Brady. He praised the veteran's competitiveness and drive -- even if there are a few tears involved.

"He's not going to rattle just because you hit him hard. I've tried over the years," Smith told the Gazette. "That's what D-linemen think: 'The harder you hit the quarterback, the better it will make it on the secondary.'

"With Brady, he's a great competitor. You know it's coming. He's going to cry about getting hit, but he's going to take the hit and keep going."

One of Brady's favorite weapons,*Rob Gronkowski, also was the target of some Broncos criticism this week.

Linebacker*Brandon Marshall*said the tight end gets away with more than he should.

"I say because he pushes off," Marshall told NBC Sports' "Pro Football Talk Live" radio show on Monday. "I mean, he pushes off and he gets away with it about 98 percent of the time."

Gronkowski caught two touchdown passes in the Pats' AFC divisional-round win against the*Kansas City Chiefs*on Saturday. He now has eight TD receptions in the postseason, a record for tight ends.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...nio-smith-says
    Last edited by Lumiere; 01-19-2016, 01:14 PM.
    To infinity...and beyond.

I agree with both Marshall and Smith but man I hope this doesn't blow up in our faces. I prefer to let your game do the talking instead of the mouth, but I guess that's just my preference.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Just be quiet Antonio.
      sigpic

Comment

I wish he and others would just keep their mouths shut. The Pats thrive on this crap. No need to give them anymore bulletin board material.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I just hope he gets 15 for running his mouth after a perfectly legal sack from Von and finds himself at 3 and 33 in a critical situation.

Comment

I hope Kubiak tells his team to shut up,because New England is the last team you want to open your mouth against.....smh
            I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Taken out of context, its not like the media or pundits believe in us. Check out Bucky Brooks latest article in NFL.com?

Comment

Christ. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...mper-tantrums/
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
                  I've seen numerous players making some "iffy" statements - like CHJ talking about hitting Gronk in the knees...even if that is the best means to bring him down.

http://fansided.com/2016/01/19/bronc...nkowski-knees/

Comment

You would think that the Patsies*** were the boogeyman around here. Brady does cry every time he hits the turf and Gronk is too big to hit high. Simple facts.
                    sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

The only people this benifits is us. It's the AFC championship game, that will get noticeable pub for Manning vs Brady. The Patriots* are already giving us their full attention. I hate this why give them bulletin board material argument, if you think the Patriots* were going to give less 100% prior to these comments, you're wrong. Get this floating in the minds of officials, it can only help us there.
                      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                        I just hope he gets 15 for running his mouth after a perfectly legal sack from Von and finds himself at 3 and 33 in a critical situation.
                        Followed promptly by 4th and 40
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                          I agree with both Marshall and Smith but man I hope this doesn't blow up in our faces. I prefer to let your game do the talking instead of the mouth, but I guess that's just my preference.
                          This is the best type of pregame smack imo. "Brady cries to ref" is Brady going to take exception to this and prove us wrong by not crying to ref? No, but we are drawing attention to the fact. If it keeps 1 yellow hankie in a pocket...well done.

Same with Gronk pushing off, just something that we are drawing attention to.

Hit Gronk low, will it make Gronk look upfield before securing a catch or two? Who knows, but I love that they are talking about how it is legal hit.

Most of this will roll off the Pats, they are a pretty focused team...but if it helps us on just a play or two...
                          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                            I hope Kubiak tells his team to shut up,because New England is the last team you want to open your mouth against.....smh
                            No, we are the last team you want to open your mouth against.

Comment

I don't care what truths the players proclaim to the media as long as they give everything they got on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X