Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Kirwan (NFL.com) Breaking Down Peyton's Tendencies

Pat Kirwan
    I broke down all of Peyton Manning’s snaps from the Divisional Round win over the Steelers and found a lot of tendencies that I’m sure Patriots DC Matt Patricia will have a plan for come Sunday. Basically, in shotgun the Broncos are 4:1 pass to run. When Peyton is under center, they are 3:1 run to pass.

It’s not quite that simple. There are a lot of other pieces to consider, but nothing that Patricia, Bill Belichick, and the Patriots defense can’t prepare for.

In this video, I present the scouting report on Peyton the same way an advance scout would lay things out for the DC and HC. This is the conversation that’s going on today in New England.
    https://realfootballnetwork.com/2016...g-down-peyton/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Equal time for the Brady too.

Pat Kirwan
    The New England Patriots have a complicated audible system that Tom Brady has mastered, allowing him to move defenders, alter pass routes, and get the offense in and out of plays. Brady’s football intelligence, knowledge, and experience make the system work, but success is dependent on his receivers and his linemen seeing the same things he does and making the proper adjustments.

Check out this video as I take you through Tom’s mental checklist from the break of the huddle to the snap of the ball.
    https://realfootballnetwork.com/2016...check-with-me/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
      It doesn't take a genius to figure out what he said about Peyton. I commented on that several times during the game Sunday that every time Peyton was under center it was a run and usually for no gain. We run better out of the shotgun. Pretty much everything with Manning works better out of the shotgun. For his whole career. But guess what? If a random joe schmoe can pick up on it I'm sure the Broncos are aware of it. As I'm sure the Steelers were aware of it. And we still put up 23 points.

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
      Equal time for the Brady too.

Pat Kirwan

https://realfootballnetwork.com/2016...check-with-me/
      Funny he says all this about Brady as if Manning isn't a legend for doing these exact same things. Only difference is with Manning not being able to stretch the field this year the defenses haven't been as willing to get scared into a position he likes.
      sigpic

Comment

So basically the Kubiak offense is very predictable, and Brady is unpredictable. Great news.

We should let Manning run his offense and go hurry up.
        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          It doesn't take a genius to figure out what he said about Peyton. I commented on that several times during the game Sunday that every time Peyton was under center it was a run and usually for no gain. We run better out of the shotgun. Pretty much everything with Manning works better out of the shotgun. For his whole career. But guess what? If a random joe schmoe can pick up on it I'm sure the Broncos are aware of it. As I'm sure the Steelers were aware of it. And we still put up 23 points.

Funny he says all this about Brady as if Manning isn't a legend for doing these exact same things. Only difference is with Manning not being able to stretch the field this year the defenses haven't been as willing to get scared into a position he likes.
          Honestly I don't know if it a fact of Manning not being able to push it downfield. I think it's a combination of the offensive Gane plan and lack of protection. I think the Kubiak offense should be scrapped for these last 2 games. Let Manning read the D and dictate the D. He is a smart man who will put us in the right situation.

I still think he is not comfortable with the offense.
          Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
            Honestly I don't know if it a fact of Manning not being able to push it downfield. I think it's a combination of the offensive Gane plan and lack of protection. I think the Kubiak offense should be scrapped for these last 2 games. Let Manning read the D and dictate the D. He is a smart man who will put us in the right situation.

That's what I want as well. Kubiak's offense has shown itself to be pretty anemic. I don't have all that much faith that it will work against NE. At this point I say forget the script if we are using that and let Manning do what Manning does best, call some plays at the LOS and make the adjustments that he thinks best. I'm not saying fling the ball all over the place, but not use the script or run the ball for the sake of running it on a certain play when the defense isn't showing that it is a good time to run. Know what I mean?
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I agree but that goes back to my point about it's all problematic under center. Everything needs to be out of the shotgun to give Manning more time. He isn't mobile enough to come out under center which I think I forgot to mention in my first post.

But I like giving the HB's a a second to build up speed to accelerate through the line which works well with zone blocking where they can accelerate, make a cut and go. It just seems to work way better this year.

And if every play is out of shotgun then there are no predictable tendencies.
              sigpic

Comment

Kubiak has a distinct style so does Manning. They've tried to mesh them and clearly it has been inconsistent. Ever since the Rams game last season they have tried to become a running team and to some degree it has worked. However Manning is a rhythm QB and has been his whole career and he shines when he gets into a good one. They're style now is to control clock and limit possessions for the opposition and not tire out the defense. Manning doesn't know how to do that, he relies on getting his repa and timing and that's why this offense has struggled at times. Trying to make Manning something he's not is bad coaching imo and you play to your strengths. Like you said, play calling and poor protection have definitely contributed to this.

Comment

I did not read the article but did it talk about how PM will change from under center to shot gun or from shot gun to under center. I saw both against Pitt.

That can be changed after the players line up.

IIRC NE has different DL for pass or run defense and that can not be changed.

So if PM lined up in shot gun and see the pass DL out..audle to under center run.

If the run DL is out...audle to shot gun pass.

As for Brady....I do not care what he does. Line up in tight man to man and sick the hounds on him. Brady can audible to whatever he wants but it matters not if he is lying on his back.

And ya I know it is not that easy...but imo it is how teams have frustrated Brady the most over history and imo it is what our defense does best!
                  Last edited by Hadez; 01-20-2016, 09:04 AM.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I wonder if the tendencies go out the window if Brock starts? Crazy ideas would be to alternate. <-- not serious

Comment

Manning is easy to figure out, but he is the master of the audible. Brady will have to contend with a very loud Denver crowd when he gets to the line.

Also, NE does not run the ball... like ever. They ran 7 times against KC.

Comment

How about adding to disrespect to the conversation. Brutal Article!!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...hWL/story.html
                        Last edited by haciendadad; 01-20-2016, 09:38 AM.

Comment

So basically the Kubiak offense is very predictable, and Brady is unpredictable. Great news.

We should let Manning run his offense and go hurry up.
                          And that's not predictable?
                          I believe.

Comment

i did some analysis of my own and here is what i came up with. a lot of effort, so bear with me:

brady* tossed the ball 42 times for 302 yards with 2 tds, 1 rush.
                            the pats* ran the ball 14 times for 38 yards.

i summarize the pats* tendency is to pass the ball.

Comment

Honestly I don't know if it a fact of Manning not being able to push it downfield.
                              It is a fact. Manning can't push it downfield. With good protection, without protection. The ball flutters, the spiral dies. Sanders had to play DB to prevent an interception. Sometimes it's an overthrow because he needs to put all his power into it, losing accuracy. Underthrow or overthrow, it's not going where it's supposed to be.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X