Pat Kirwan (NFL.com) Breaking Down Peyton's Tendencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Alfred Williams explained today on the radio how Kubiak works with these tendencies. Yes, he welcomes the defense to play the tendencies. Under center, run. Under center, run, Under center, run. Then, just as we saw on the opening play of the 2nd quarter, Manning under center, play action, DT open on the deep post route. The only issue: Manning missed that throw. This commitment opens up big plays for the offense, but we have to capitalize on them.
    Yeah, the opportunities for the offense to succeed are there. However, we are severely limited by our QB.

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
      There is no evidence that Peyton's physical state is really worse than 2013. He is making all the throws that he normally would. It is always entertaining when people use a couple throws to try and tell a big story...as if any QB in history is accurate 100% of the time, never missed a receiver, hit every deep ball, and never had a DB jump a route. Either that or Peyton has set a crazy high bar....

The offensive decline is a function of scheme and under-achievement of players around the QB. Even when Brock played pretty well you would get just about 20 ppg.
      There is countless evidence. Everywhere. Every snap of every practice and every game is one more bit of evidence.

Comment

I'm with everyone on letting Manning run the offense he wants to run. Pull out all the stops and go win this damn game. Enough with this "its all good we'll just kick 123434577683452352467846783545623 FGs" crap.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
          Yes it had, because that ball started to flutter and became a wounded duck. If you watch the replay with the zoom on Sanders's deflection, that ball did not have any zip. That's why the CB had so much time to recover and jump the route.
          Do you have a link to a replay? I don't recall that pass having any velocity issue, and from what I recalled, the CB didn't have to recover from anything. They had completed the same route to Sanders earlier in the game and the CB was just a tad late getting there and was upset, that goes into my thinking that the CB was looking for that same route and ready to jump it. Like I said, same route as the SB pick-6 against the Saints that Manning threw, and Porter just read the route, Manning didn't have arm issues back then and it was an indoor game.

Comment

Our passing game can eat them alive with PFM under Center using 2WR/2TE/1RB. But the TE's and the RB's have to be able catch the ball or it doesn't work.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Honestly, I think trotting out there with 2WR/2TE/1RB and PFM under Center is our best look to give the opposing D. It gives PFM the best options for run/pass audibles and the best weapons for protection calls on pass plays.
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                Our passing game can eat them alive with PFM under Center using 2WR/2TE/1RB. But the TE's and the RB's have to be able catch the ball or it doesn't work.
                They need to get Daniels involved a lot this game. He's had a couple good games, it would be huge if they could get him involved more.

Comment

Manning's struggles began last December, before Kubiak was even hired. Once teams realize that a QB has fatal flaws to his game, they pounce on him, it happens all the time. It's very common for a QB to fall off a cliff once his game starts going downhill, it doesn't take long.

I'm not a huge Kubiak fan, but the "Manning system" doesn't really inspire much confidence in the playoffs, as we have seen throughout his career, even in his prime.

The Broncos have had only 1 successful playoff run in this current era, and it was against relatively poor competition by playoffs standards(a "meh" Chargers team and the Patriots without their best player and biggest mismatch). Elway made the correct decision in attempting to change things up, we've already seen how the "Manning system" does in the playoffs, unfortunately.

The only chance this team had for a SB was running the ball and defense.
                  Last edited by HarlemHeat; 01-20-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
                    Manning's struggles began last December, before Kubiak was even hired. Once teams realize that a QB has fatal flaws to his game, they pounce on him, it happens all the time. It's very common for a QB to fall off a cliff once his game starts going downhill, it doesn't take long.

I'm not a huge Kubiak fan, but the "Manning system" doesn't really inspire much confidence in the playoffs, as we have seen throughout his career, even in his prime.

The Broncos have had only 1 successful playoff run in this current era, and it was against relatively poor competition by playoffs standards(a "meh" Chargers team and the Patriots without their best player and biggest mismatch). Elway made the correct decision in attempting to change things up, we've already seen how the "Manning system" does in the playoffs, unfortunately.

The only chance this team had for a SB was running the ball and defense.
                    The Broncos have put all their eggs in the Peyton basket, and they did so when they benched Oz because CJ fumbled and Schofield was so overmatched he thought he might do better blocking with his backside.

If you go, go full. Give him everything he's comfortable with and enjoy the show. It's going to be awesome or a train-wreck, but spectacular in any regard.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
                      Implicit in my comment was a reasonably healthy Manning, as we saw earlier in the year, not KC#2.

Try watching some games before KC#2 to see deep balls. We're just not a deep ball team though, but Peyton has consistently put deep attempts very close to the target...often overthrown by a yard or so. That is well above average typical NFL QB accuracy for those types of passes. I'm not sure who told some of you people that Aaron Rodgers or Brady or Big Ben or River consistently throw 50 yard bombs and put it in the breadbasket at high percentage, but it is not true. This is why smarter teams like NE opt in favor of an offense based on high percentage completions with just enough downfield ability to keep teams honest, as they do with us. And as much as I like Brock Osweiller, outside of the one play against NE to Sanders he was wildly off target on deep balls.

While we're talking about this, I also can't remember the last time our receivers actually made a really impressive play on a ball deep. I'm not just talking about drops...when have we seen improbable catches? The jump balls vs. Detroit maybe? The fact is our skill position players have been major letdowns this year.

I get the "worst QB" sound byte, but it's not even close to being true if you watch the games and not shackle yourself to irrelevant statistics. But this has been addressed many times.
                      Irrelevant statistics? You mean like Manning's awful 67.9 rating or his near league high 17 picks? By the way, even before he imploded against KC he wasn't very good at all. Please try unshackling yourself from the delusion that Manning is the same as he was in 2013.

Comment

I thought everyone on the planet could see Peyton's decline but I guess I was wrong.

We need to lean on the run game and limit Manning to short, high percentage passes. It doesn't matter if everyone knows we are going to run the ball, they still need to stop us.
                        sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Working...
                        X