Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos' Wolfe on Pats: 'I hate everything about them'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ing-about-them

Denver Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe isn't about to hide his feelings about the New England Patriots ahead of the tussle for the AFC crown.

"I hate everything about them," he said, via the Denver Post. "They're always in my way. They're always in my way to get what I want.

"I've got a ton of respect for the whole organization. They've got great players -- Tom Brady's a great player. Bill Belichick's a great coach. I've got a ton of respect for them. I just hate them."

Tell us how you really feel, Derek.

Perhaps the defensive end's bitterness shows up in his play. In the Broncos' Week 12 win over the Pats, Wolfe had one of his best games of the season, compiling nine tackles, two tackles for loss and a sack.

Wolfe received a four-year contract extension prior to the Divisional Round, then put up a dominant performance against the Steelers. The defensive end will be key on Sunday, pushing the pocket and getting in Brady's face.

If the Broncos corners can make Brady hold the ball longer than his normal two seconds, the pressure applied by Wolfe and the rest of the Denver defensive front will knock the Pats' offense out of kilter.

Then Wolfe could hate the Pats from San Francisco.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been very impressed with Wolfe this season. He is becoming a highly productive member and standout Dliner for this team. And given his last game against The Pats, and his "lack of love" for their entire organization, I feel even better about the game, knowing we will not be intimidated by them.

Keep your head up "Tommy" (as his unbiased friend Heath Evans would call him).
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-23-2016, 11:21 AM.

Loved that interview. Interesting how everything any Broncos player has said this week has been twisted and blown way out of proportion by the media.
    Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
      Loved that interview. Interesting how everything any Broncos player has said this week has been twisted and blown way out of proportion by the media.
      You have no idea. They've been playing the Derek Wolfe comment over and over, even on local news. And of course, only the part where he said he hates the Pats, not the other part, naturally.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        You have no idea. They've been playing the Derek Wolfe comment over and over, even on local news. And of course, only the part where he said he hates the Pats, not the other part, naturally.
        Because it wouldn't fit their narrative that way. No way I could live up there with the insufferable pats fans. Bad enough here in Seattle.

Comment

It must be painful being surrounded by Patriot fans.
          I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
            It must be painful being surrounded by Patriot fans.
            Painful is putting it mildly. All I've heard all week is that we caught a lucky break due to the fumble. Wait, what? What break? We caused the fumble. We recovered the fumble. We made that happen. How is that a lucky break? But when NE causes a fumble, as Cory says, it's because the Pats are "doing their job." I hate these people. :doh:
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Don't make me have to throw another snowball.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostySeamus View Post
                Because it wouldn't fit their narrative that way. No way I could live up there with the insufferable pats fans. Bad enough here in Seattle.
                I live in Seattle too. I sometimes get heckled but grew up in KC so I am used to it
                Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanataki View Post
                  I live in Seattle too. I sometimes get heckled but grew up in KC so I am used to it
                  Good natured barbs are great. I love a little back and forth. Gotta be in good fun. I wouldn't call throwing a glass bottle at someone wearing a Broncos jersey mere weeks after your team demolished theirs in the SB good natured. I also don't appreciate being spit on while wearing my Broncos hat just a few days ago because their team was eliminated from the playoffs.

Mostly it's not so bad, but it's always the extreme circumstances that come to mind, and I've had far too many of those the last 3 years.

Comment

The arrogance, the egotism, the pridefulness, the hubris, the "entitlement", and of course most of all the "Cheating" has pretty much cynched it that every actual "Sportsman" in America hates that franchise.

Comment

So yah.......we

NO LIKEY The Pats

Comment

You have to have a lot a patience living in Boston. My oldest son who is a Broncos fan lives in Lowell. He said he refuses to listen to radio and TV out there.
                        :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

Welcome to the club Wolfey!

Comment

Working...
                          X