Manning to Bilichick "This might be my last rodeo"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning to Bilichick "This might be my last rodeo"

Anyone else pick up on this. I know we all kinda knew it was coming but I am surprised anyway. Here is the link to the clip:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/sto...-my-last-rodeo

can anyone embed the video I am having trouble?

Comment

Patriots fired OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo.
      DeGuglielmo takes the fall after the Patriots' offensive line allowed Tom Brady to get hit a record-setting 20 times in the AFC Championship game against the Broncos on Sunday. "Guges" is a well-respected coach who had been with the Patriots for three seasons. He's been coaching offensive lines since 1991. DeGuglielmo was dealt a tough job with the Patriots losing LT Nate Solder early in the season and not having a steady starting lineup from week to week.

Comment

It would be fitting to put a ring on that walk into the sunset.
        [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mattacus View Post
          can anyone embed the video I am having trouble?
          I don't think anything but YouTube videos will embed.

Comment

ah well, the link should work. "This could be my last rodeo, its been a pleasure" Class Act. He stayed behind after the game to go out and soak it all in, say goodbye to Mile High i guess and took some confetti home. He will be missed. Lets hope he goes out on top.

Comment

I figured he was saying something like that based on the length of the conversations that he had with both Brady and Belichick. After he and Brady initially talked he leaned back in and said something and they shook hands again, to me it looked like a guy shaking the hand of a guy he's competed with 17 times for the last time in competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                It would be fitting to put a ring on that walk into the sunset.
                AMEN..I of all people don't want to except the end of my hero's career but I couldn't think or dream of a better way then for Peyton Manning my quarterback, my team to lay the pigskin down. Walking off into that sunset is indeed what he deserves if ever a player did. Besides hes got a new era of Manning to start training..Marshal Manning ..look out Denver, Manning part 2 could be on his way one day..:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  I figured he was saying something like that based on the length of the conversations that he had with both Brady and Belichick. After he and Brady initially talked he leaned back in and said something and they shook hands again, to me it looked like a guy shaking the hand of a guy he's competed with 17 times for the last time in competition.
                  Actually Peyton and Tom are pretty good friends and often share tips for handing other teams D's vis text according to former coach Tony Dungy. So the way we see them is a bit different than they way they actually interact in real life..

Comment

Originally posted by tonray View Post
                    Actually Peyton and Tom are pretty good friends and often share tips for handing other teams D's vis text according to former coach Tony Dungy. So the way we see them is a bit different than they way they actually interact in real life..
                    That's fair, however their post game handshake was quite long this time in comparison to the past. In fact Brady went to walk away and Manning stopped him to say something to him, which is when Brady kind of looked at him oddly and they shook hands.

Comment

They're not actually pretty good friends. They're friends like you probably had friends at school but never and almost certainly would never hang out with outside of school.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                        They're not actually pretty good friends. They're friends like you probably had friends at school but never and almost certainly would never hang out with outside of school.
                        They are friends like joe Biden and John boener. They are cordial and respectful but truly want neither to succeed!

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                          I have heard differently..perhaps for you to maintain your beliefs that Brady is an evil mother you must think that they could never be friends but I think they are.

Comment

Bird and Magic figured things out

Comment

I have heard differently..perhaps for you to maintain your beliefs that Brady is an evil mother you must think that they could never be friends but I think they are.
                              Their handshakes after games have almost always been short. Brady usually stares coldly at Peyton and just says, "good game, good job," and trots off the field. That could be because he usually loses AFC Championship games to Peyton, but that's besides the point.

It has only ever been documented that Manning and Brady have texted each other following severe injuries. Nothing of them or their families hanging out; never been seen together outside of a football game; always speak "safely" about the other, as competitors.

Never have they referred to each other as friends.

You're adding fluff to an empty pillow. They are professional adversaries who respect each other's greatness, and the rivalry, but nothing points to them being friends. You saying you "heard differently" isn't proof of anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X