Manning to Bilichick "This might be my last rodeo"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Their handshakes after games have almost always been short. Brady usually stares coldly at Peyton and just says, "good game, good job," and trots off the field. That could be because he usually loses AFC Championship games to Peyton, but that's besides the point.

It has only ever been documented that Manning and Brady have texted each other following severe injuries. Nothing of them or their families hanging out; never been seen together outside of a football game; always speak "safely" about the other, as competitors.

Never have they referred to each other as friends.

You're adding fluff to an empty pillow. They are professional adversaries who respect each other's greatness, and the rivalry, but nothing points to them being friends. You saying you "heard differently" isn't proof of anything.
    Except where I heard it from was a video from Tony Dungy...but I guess you know better...maybe I'll let him know he is wrong about it....ha ha

Comment

Not to put too fine a point on it.......but Manning said this "might" be my last rodeo, not this "is" my last rodeo.
      What that tells me, is that he "could" be back with Denver to finish out his contract, if they win the SB, and Elway wanted him back.
      Having said that, I don't think Elway wanted him back THIS season, so what do I know?

I think he actually wants to play with the Broncos next year, to finish out the five year contract, but I don't think Elway wants him back, and probably wants to move forward with Brock. I get that.

So, that's why there is some equivocation. He didn't say "This is my last rodeo"
      Last edited by TheArtofManning; 01-26-2016, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtofManning View Post
        Not to put too fine a point on it.......but Manning said this "might" be my last rodeo, not this "is" my last rodeo.
        What that tells me, is that he "could" be back with Denver to finish out his contract, if they win the SB, and Elway wanted him back.
        Having said that, I don't think Elway wanted him back THIS season, so what do I know?

I think he actually wants to play with the Broncos next year, to finish out the five year contract, but I don't think Elway wants him back, and probably wants to move forward with Brock. I get that.

So, that's why there is some equivocation. He didn't say "This is my last rodeo"
        If Manning comes back first he'd need to win this Super bowl not by himself but he needs to have a good game and win the super bowl. Then if he does come back he will most definitely have to take a huge pay cut. Price of having another shot at the dance.

But I wanted to ask this in a stand alone thread but if Manning does win the SB and want to come back do any of you want him to come back or do you feel we need to move on?
        :go:

Comment

It will be, last stop on the retirement tour. First lynch, then Palmer now Manning.

Comment

I would think there is a chance for one more year. PFM is under contract for next year, He can come back, but I think it depends on what the Broncos are willing to pay him.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
              Their handshakes after games have almost always been short. Brady usually stares coldly at Peyton and just says, "good game, good job," and trots off the field. That could be because he usually loses AFC Championship games to Peyton, but that's besides the point.

It has only ever been documented that Manning and Brady have texted each other following severe injuries. Nothing of them or their families hanging out; never been seen together outside of a football game; always speak "safely" about the other, as competitors.

Never have they referred to each other as friends.

You're adding fluff to an empty pillow. They are professional adversaries who respect each other's greatness, and the rivalry, but nothing points to them being friends. You saying you "heard differently" isn't proof of anything.
              Maybe not good friends, but it was reported last week that one time Manning and his wife were out in LA, and Manning called Brady and said he was in town, the Manning's ended up having dinner with Brady and his wife. I believe it was at Brady's house in California, I heard that on ESPN the week leading up to the game.
              Last edited by ELWAY421; 01-26-2016, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Did anyone notice..........

During the postgame celebrations on the field, I don't think Manning and Elway were ever together at all.
                Am I reading too much into that, or is that a sign of the alleged rift that exists between the two?

Comment

Elway and PFM are good buddies.

Comment

This whole year has been carefully planned by Elway, the coaching staff and PFM. To put the Broncos and PFM in the best situation to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
                      Elway and PFM are good buddies.
                      There was a Denver radio guy, who stated (month or so ago) that it was essentially common knowledge that Manning and Elway were "no longer communicating".
                      The guy could be full of it, of course, but supposedly he is a credible guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtofManning View Post
                        There was a Denver radio guy, who stated (month or so ago) that it was essentially common knowledge that Manning and Elway were "no longer communicating".
                        The guy could be full of it, of course, but supposedly he is a credible guy.
                        I dont buy it.
                        Denver Broncos
                        New York Yankees
                        New York Knicks
                        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
                          I would think there is a chance for one more year. PFM is under contract for next year, He can come back, but I think it depends on what the Broncos are willing to pay him.
                          With all due respect to manning, it is time to retire. Win or lose in the SB.

He has had a long and distinguished career. He has reached every milestone. This last playoff run is about as close to miracle ending as he could have ever hoped for looking back on this season.

But it is time to leave with some dignity. Leave on top. He barely hung on by a thread this year. His current evaluation is based on "he played great, he didn't turn the ball over". I wish him well in retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by tonray View Post
                            I have heard differently..perhaps for you to maintain your beliefs that Brady is an evil mother you must think that they could never be friends but I think they are.
                            To my knowledge I have never heard either Brady or Manning getting together during or in the off-season....ever. So I find it hard to believe that they are are chummy as you state. I think it is far more likely that they are more like what one of the posters said before. They are like really good friends from school. They communicate regularly via email, phone and text but they aren't sitting there arranging play dates for their kids and working on family dinners together.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                              To my knowledge I have never heard either Brady or Manning getting together during or in the off-season....ever. So I find it hard to believe that they are are chummy as you state. I think it is far more likely that they are more like what one of the posters said before. They are like really good friends from school. They communicate regularly via email, phone and text but they aren't sitting there arranging play dates for their kids and working on family dinners together.
                              I think they have a "professional relationship", which is to say, they really aren't particularly friendly, just respectful.....outwardly.

Comment

Lots of speculation and rumor in this thread lol.
                                I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X