X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkHorse26
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
    Smile, I know my friend. I just see it different as far as being an empty tank. In his offense I still believe he plays lights out. Problem is he just doesn't have the right players and as such hes like Elway was in 97. 98 , a game manager. Peyton has carried every team hes ever been on except this year and its nice for him to be carried for once. I love this defense and Von brought tears to my eyes when he stood on the podium at the post press conference and said he did it for Peyton.
    I'm not sure if Peyton knows right now what hes going to do as far as playing but its not about that , its about the here and now and I do know this about my QB..when he left Indy, well thrown out was more like it, he didn't have to play again because he already had done it all or so I thought and he probably did to, Indy seems like a life time ago but Denver has been the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning, he came here to not only win another championship for himself but for the Denver organization. They believed in him when the Colts did not . One thing I have always known about Peyton , he ALWAYS finishes what he starts ..
    It has been one hell of a ride, that is for sure. I hope he takes it home.

Leave a comment:

• mattacus
    replied
    Smile, I know my friend. I just see it different as far as being an empty tank. In his offense I still believe he plays lights out. Problem is he just doesn't have the right players and as such hes like Elway was in 97. 98 , a game manager. Peyton has carried every team hes ever been on except this year and its nice for him to be carried for once. I love this defense and Von brought tears to my eyes when he stood on the podium at the post press conference and said he did it for Peyton.
    I'm not sure if Peyton knows right now what hes going to do as far as playing but its not about that , its about the here and now and I do know this about my QB..when he left Indy, well thrown out was more like it, he didn't have to play again because he already had done it all or so I thought and he probably did to, Indy seems like a life time ago but Denver has been the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning, he came here to not only win another championship for himself but for the Denver organization. They believed in him when the Colts did not . One thing I have always known about Peyton , he ALWAYS finishes what he starts ..
    Amen to that.

Leave a comment:

• Chrissy
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
    Our FO has orchestrated this season as Manning's last ride in Bronco's uniform while still providing him with the opportunity to go out on top. Manning is running on fumes at the moment and if he thinks that he has some left in the tank, it won't be with the Denver Broncos.

Chrissy - There is no hate here, only honesty for one of the best to play the position.

Leave a comment:

• sheenabobeena
    replied
    I doubt he would announce it a la Ray Lewis, but I'm sure the whole teams knows this is likely his last rodeo. I hope it has the same effect.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    This has to make the team want to win that little bit more.

Leave a comment:

• mattacus
    replied
    I genuinely think this is his last game. Hope he plays lights out and goes out on top.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Manning ride off into sunset with Super Bowl championship it doesn't get any better than that to go out a champion.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Maybe not good friends, but it was reported last week that one time Manning and his wife were out in LA, and Manning called Brady and said he was in town, the Manning's ended up having dinner with Brady and his wife. I believe it was at Brady's house in California, I heard that on ESPN the week leading up to the game.
    Indeed they are friends, maybe not close, but they do hang out from time to time, and both play golf:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...h-on-hail-mary

Leave a comment:

• Dennis.1960
    replied
    AMEN..I of all people don't want to except the end of my hero's career but I couldn't think or dream of a better way then for Peyton Manning my quarterback, my team to lay the pigskin down. Walking off into that sunset is indeed what he deserves if ever a player did.
    And it would be so cool if the Broncos have 2 of the GOAT walk away from the game after a SB Championship

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by mattacus View Post
    Anyone else pick up on this. I know we all kinda knew it was coming but I am surprised anyway. Here is the link to the clip:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/sto...-my-last-rodeo
    I doubt it is because he does not think he can still play. But if he stays with Denver the defense is going to be decimated by UFA departures.

Players cashing in on SB fame.

Bottom feeders stocking their squads with players from a SB team. Happens almost every year that bottom feeders that have money offer outrageous money for players from SB teams.

With our money issues the defense we have now will probably not be as good as it is now.

And face it with the OL we have it was the D that got us to the SB and unless they drastically fix the OL the O is not getting any better.

By rodeo I suspect he was talking about SB not playing another year or so.

Leave a comment:

• DarkHorse26
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    If Manning comes back first he'd need to win this Super bowl not by himself but he needs to have a good game and win the super bowl. Then if he does come back he will most definitely have to take a huge pay cut. Price of having another shot at the dance.

But I wanted to ask this in a stand alone thread but if Manning does win the SB and want to come back do any of you want him to come back or do you feel we need to move on?
    Our FO has orchestrated this season as Manning's last ride in Bronco's uniform while still providing him with the opportunity to go out on top. Manning is running on fumes at the moment and if he thinks that he has some left in the tank, it won't be with the Denver Broncos.

Chrissy - There is no hate here, only honesty for one of the best to play the position.

Leave a comment:

• Apatsfan22
    replied
    Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    They're not actually pretty good friends. They're friends like you probably had friends at school but never and almost certainly would never hang out with outside of school.
    No they're good friends lol. Have been for a long time. They hang in the off season, though a bit less with more kids and such.

Leave a comment:

• XterraRob
    replied
    Lots of speculation and rumor in this thread lol.

Leave a comment:

• TheArtofManning
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    To my knowledge I have never heard either Brady or Manning getting together during or in the off-season....ever. So I find it hard to believe that they are are chummy as you state. I think it is far more likely that they are more like what one of the posters said before. They are like really good friends from school. They communicate regularly via email, phone and text but they aren't sitting there arranging play dates for their kids and working on family dinners together.
    I think they have a "professional relationship", which is to say, they really aren't particularly friendly, just respectful.....outwardly.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by tonray View Post
    I have heard differently..perhaps for you to maintain your beliefs that Brady is an evil mother you must think that they could never be friends but I think they are.
    To my knowledge I have never heard either Brady or Manning getting together during or in the off-season....ever. So I find it hard to believe that they are are chummy as you state. I think it is far more likely that they are more like what one of the posters said before. They are like really good friends from school. They communicate regularly via email, phone and text but they aren't sitting there arranging play dates for their kids and working on family dinners together.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X