Manning to be Investigated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
    What you see on tv is not real life. There is the image, and then there is what you do when cameras are off.

I don't want to be hypocritical, because I put my best foot forward in public too. And people don't know all the bad things I have done either. And I'm not even remotely famous. But you shouldn't be putting your balls on some woman's face who is trying to figure out your injury.

But I believe the girls story. Mainly because another athlete in the room testified against Peyton and backed her story. Eveybody has done bad things, but Peyton and Archie should not have trashed her again in their book. Which was the reason for the second lawsuit she won against them.
    Hell, I believe it too. Must have been awful for the poor woman, having a life and career upended (twice) because it's her word against somebody with more power and fame.
    sigpic

Comment

• I have a tough time believing anything Shaun King writes, so I am going to take the wait and see approach on this one.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat7 View Post
        You are so right. To those of us who trust Manning, no further investigation is needed. For "Jim Mora" and his crowd, no amount of investigation or exoneration will likely be sufficient.
        This message is hidden because Jim Mora is on your ignore list.
        [sigpic

Comment

• A lot of words for King to pen to basically say that a stupid, spoiled frat boy mooned somebody in college 20 years ago. Geeez. Arrest everybody then. Just Brady loving M*******sinthehead types looking to soil PM and rain on his parade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
            You may have missed what I said. Or you may never see this if you have me on ignore. But if Peyton didn't take HGH, I sincerely hope the investigation ends quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
              A lot of words for King to pen to basically say that a stupid, spoiled frat boy mooned somebody in college 20 years ago. Geeez. Arrest everybody then. Just Brady loving M*******sinthehead types looking to soil PM and rain on his parade.
              In a college football locker room, 20 year old Peyton Manning once behaved like an obnoxious football player. I am so shocked.

This story is very old; it's been around for years and years. This guy, King, who decided to resurrect it and act like he's Bob Woodward is nothing but a hater. He's brought nothing new or original out. He's mad that Cam made a fool of himself and now wants to drag down Manning to make himself feel better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat7
                In a college football locker room, Peyton Manning once behaved like a football player. I am so shocked.

This story is very old; it's been around for years and years. This guy, King, who decided to resurrect it and act like he's Bob Woodward is nothing but a hater. He's brought nothing new or original out. He's mad that Cam made a fool of himself and now wants to drag down Manning to make himself feel better.
                Not all football players put their balls on a trainer's face in the locker room. He should have told her sorry and apologized instead of mocking her and writing about her the way he did in his book.

Usually the bad things we do come back to haunt us again. It's another opportunity for him to make it right IMO. If he comes out and says he treated her unfairly and he shouldn't have done what he did, then the fans are quick to forgive stuff like this when athletes apologize.
                Last edited by Jim Mora; 02-13-2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  A lot of words for King to pen to basically say that a stupid, spoiled frat boy mooned somebody in college 20 years ago. Geeez. Arrest everybody then. Just Brady loving M*******sinthehead types looking to soil PM and rain on his parade.
                  I agree this is an old story but for me personally I did not realize the details as outlined. When it was brought up in the past the " spoiled frat boy mooned someone" was the story told and accepted. If that is the extent of the incident then it was crude and obnoxious but overblown IMO.

But on the other hand, if the details outlined in the article and seemingly backed by facts are even remotely true then there is a lot more to it then "a mooning". As outlined it was a sexual assault, organizational cover-up and smear campaign against a professional that was at UT for a decade. If true it certainly changes my opinion of the beloved PFM. Because beyond the act there is the use of influence, money and entitlement by the Manning family and UT officials in the cover-up and payoff. Then re-telling the cover-up story in the Manning book and breaking the confidentiality agreement was another level of controlling the story and perception of Manning the man, not the football player. Hoping to discredit the reputation of the accuser even more.

For all of you just dismissing this think of your daughter or sister getting tea bagged by a jack ass then getting ridiculed at work and eventually fired because she had the audacity to actually not enjoy it and report the "big man on campus". I understand it was 20 years ago and as a society we have become much more politically correct then the time and place this occurred. But even if just a stupid prank the aftermath took it to a whole new level of entitlement and cover-up for the star athlete.

I have been critical of Manning's performance on the field all season and been labeled a "Manning Hater" out of convenience. I am certain this will be just another case of being dismissed again by the Manning apologists. I will admit that actually seeing the other side of the story and the way it was handled upsets me. It does cause me to look at Manning and the legacy a whole lot differently.

Comment

• Before everyone gets too much into the back and forth on this let me just remind everyone that the writer of this story has absolutely no credibility or journalistic integrity. This is the same dude who lied about being black and stole money from BLM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                      Before everyone gets too much into the back and forth on this let me just remind everyone that the writer of this story has absolutely no credibility or journalistic integrity. This is the same dude who lied about being black and stole money from BLM.
                      Then disregard Shaun King and just read the court report including the letter from the guy who witnessed the incident. He called for Peyton to man up and tell the truth about what happened. And told Peyton to apologize to that woman. Why? Because he saw what happened.
                      Last edited by Jim Mora; 02-14-2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                        lol didn't know we had an ignore function. here come's the rep train
                        fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Working...
                        X