Ryan Clady willing to restructure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Clady willing to restructure

So I just read of NFL.com that Clady is more than willing to restructure his deal so he can stay in Denver. I personally had him on the cut list for Denver this offseason. However, do you think Denver would be willing to restructure his deal or just cut him this offseason?

I absolutely believe that we'd be willing to restructure. Ty and Schofield would be our only OTs if we were to cut Clady. Which would make the need for a few OTs even more urgent.
    sigpic

Comment

Depends how much but it would probably be incentive based.

But given Schofield and Ty are the only OT's, he'd certainly be needed next season. Could always keep Harris for depth although he could get bigger offers elsewhere.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...cture-contract
        sigpic

Comment

(From Rotoworld)

Broncos LT Ryan Clady told the Associated Press he's willing to have his contract restructured.

The Broncos haven't discussed reworking his deal yet, but Clady believes that conversation will take place after the season. "I'm definitely willing to talk," said Clady. "I definitely would like to be a lifetime Bronco." Clady tore his ACL last May. Ryan Harris has struggled at left tackle during his absence.

Comment

I think Denver will be very willing to restructure. I believe if they can't get a deal done restructuring that they will still keep him on his current deal but that isn't something to make public or known to Clady. His cap hit next season is just over 10M, if we cut him we actually only save at/about 8M due to dead money. To bring in a FA LT that we could rely on at LT would likely cost at least that - probably more ... The Eagles Lane Johnson just signed for 10.5M, although they apparently are projecting him to play LT in the future he has played almost all of his games at RT, RT pays less than LTs in general. Johnson has NO pro-bowl or All-pro honors to his credit, Clady's last season (2014) was selected to the Pro-Bowl. I hope they restructure Clady in order to help with cap space but I think he stays regardless. Also according to Andrew Mason Clady is on schedule to participate in OTA's/mini camps.
            sigpic

Comment

Its promising that he is coming out without the team mentioning anything to him, about restructuring his contract.

When you also consider Schofield is best played at guard not tackle, we'd have even less tackles on the roster if Clady bounced.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Would love to see Clady come back healthy at a reduced price. Schofield has shown some signs of life in the playoffs so I am guessing he will be competing for the right tackle job next season, but I still expect us to draft an OT very high this year. I think Sambrailo's best fit is at LG or RT anyway. Not sure if Vasquez comes back or not, but Garcia looks like a long term option at one of the guard spots. Paradis has quietly had a very solid season and should continue to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                  I think Denver will be very willing to restructure. I believe if they can't get a deal done restructuring that they will still keep him on his current deal but that isn't something to make public or known to Clady. His cap hit next season is just over 10M, if we cut him we actually only save at/about 8M due to dead money. To bring in a FA LT that we could rely on at LT would likely cost at least that - probably more ... The Eagles Lane Johnson just signed for 10.5M, although they apparently are projecting him to play LT in the future he has played almost all of his games at RT, RT pays less than LTs in general. Johnson has NO pro-bowl or All-pro honors to his credit, Clady's last season (2014) was selected to the Pro-Bowl. I hope they restructure Clady in order to help with cap space but I think he stays regardless. Also according to Andrew Mason Clady is on schedule to participate in OTA's/mini camps.
                  There's no way Clady is back next year at his current cap figure, no way, no how.

Malik, Danny, Von, Brut among others are way more important long-term than him.

Comment

[QUOTE=ERoyal248;5366941]There's no way Clady is back next year at his current cap figure, no way, no how.

Malik, Danny, Von, Brut among others are way more important long

We will see. Or since it sounds like he is willing to restructure maybe we won't see. I wager that he is with the Broncos at least through 2016.
                    sigpic

Comment

That'd be great! Then you can sign a serviceable veteran backup, or keep Clark. Then draft a tackle to develop and hope they develop better than Michael. Then you can sign one good offensive lineman in free agency. Then we can truly draft best player in the first round.

Comment

if we can restructure tehn of course we should. if we could get him under 6m it would be a steal
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          There's no way Clady is back next year at his current cap figure, no way, no how.

Malik, Danny, Von, Brut among others are way more important long-term than him.
                          His cap is entirely non-guaranteed next year, he knows that. I'm sure we can afford his market value which I think will be around 3-5 million for a year, and I think he'd prefer to stay in Denver as opposed to getting that 3-5 somewhere else.

We have Vance Walker under contract, who at a minimum has shown that he is a better run defender than Malik with versatility to play nose, and has produced at about the average rate for a 3-4 defensive end in pass rushing scenarios. We also have Kilgo and Anunike as developmental options.

Bruton coming off a broken leg and seeming like a loyal guy probably won't be expensive, and even then that Boise kid looks very similar to the player that Bruton has developed into.

I think Danny jumps ship to Chicago and I'd rather pay for Brandon Marshall than I would Trev. I think 6'2 250 pound linebackers that can move like Marshall are a rare commodity while Trev is just a great player who has maxed out his abilities. We will have to give Marshall a contract in a couple years.

Von needs to retire wearing our colors, but it might make more sense to just franchise him for the next two years.
                          Denver Broncos GM
                          Originally posted by Mosk
                          Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                            Would love to see Clady come back healthy at a reduced price.
                            Yup...a low guarantee and a bonus for every game he doesn't get injured
                            "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                            PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                            LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Very encouraging to hear Clady is open to the discussion. Now it just comes down to his health.

Re-structuring Clady is only a value if he can be on the field consistently and play well when on it. How close is he to the player that earned the contract by being one of the best OTs in the game? Is he 80%? 60%?

Depending on his on-field production, I would rather pay a little more for a quality free agent at OT then pay even 50% for a limited and diminished Clady.

Comment

Working...
                              X