Ryan Clady willing to restructure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clady wants to be lifelong Bronco.

An article on NFL.com says LT Ryan Clady I'd not only interested in a restructure to his contract but wants to be a lifelong Broncos.

Under his current correct he's due to get $9.5 million in 2016 and $10 million in 2017.

If they make an offer I think it's a great idea.

Broncos LT Ryan Clady eager to restructure contract
    Andie Hagemann
    NFL.com

Denver Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady is willing to restructure his contract in order to stay with the team, per the Associated Press.

Clady sustained a torn ACL in May, missing the entire 2015 season and his second Super Bowl in three seasons. He missed the Broncos' last Super Bowl berth due to a foot injury that sidelined him for all but two games of the 2013 season.

The veteran said he has yet to be approached about restructuring his contract. Under his current deal, he's due $9.5 million next season and $10 million in 2017.

"I'm sure that'll come after the season," Clady added. "I'm definitely willing to talk. I definitely would like to be a lifetime Bronco."

Clady has started in 98 games since the Broncos selected him 12th overall in the 2008 draft.

Comment

Players like this are definitely very rare. His medical history is kinda worrisome.

I'd still love to see what numbers Elway's guy can throw at him, and see the outcome.

Comment

Clady's 2016 Cap Number is $10.1m. Dead Money is $1.2m. So savings if cut = $8.9m
        2016 San Diego Chargers GM & New York Giants GM - see bio for trade block/needs

Comment

If he can come back on a restructured deal I would love to have him back next year. He will obviously be a better option than Schoffield and would allow us to move Ty back to RT.

This is the system Clady was drafted to play in, and the one he has had most success in. He would be an excellent addition to this young line.
          sigpic

Comment

Clady coming back is a massive relief for the draft and opens the Broncos up to spend the number one pick on perhaps another position, (i.e. WR, DE, RB, etc.) and picking up a developmental Tackle later.
            sigpic

Comment

Sounds great on paper. But lets see how he plays on the field.

If he can be 80% of what he was or better then it is worth discussing. If his injuries limit him then it would be a waste of salary cap.

I would be as thrilled as anyone if he can be close to the player he was for a hell of a lot less. Certainly would resolve a part of the o-line issues.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                Sounds great on paper. But lets see how he plays on the field.

If he can be 80% of what he was or better then it is worth discussing. If his injuries limit him then it would be a waste of salary cap.

I would be as thrilled as anyone if he can be close to the player he was for a hell of a lot less. Certainly would resolve a part of the o-line issues.
                He's only 29, So I feel pretty good about him coming back to a productive form. Like I said, he can't be worse than Schoffield.
                sigpic

Comment

If the restructured contract is favourable, and he proves the injury is behind him, it'd be great to see him back out there.

Comment

Well if he is in shape what would be a respectable restructure?
                    Years and money wise? Somewhere around 4 or 5? The hard part is not really knowing where he is health wise
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

He has now missed 2 super bowls...and we need him desperately NOW. It's a tough one, one of the best at his position, but if he's not out there ... and the money could go elsewhere. Hmm.

Comment

Unfortunately, with superstition being what it is, people might be opposed to him being around since both times he missed a season the Broncos made it to the Super Bowl.🙊😉

Either he really likes Denver or his agent is telling him it's the best business move for him.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Left tackles, even ones with injury history, don't grow on trees.

I am very encouraged by this from ol Sweet Feet. He's better than anything even coming off injury than what we'd end up paying his replacement. Plus he's a familiar face in the locker room and by all accounts a good character guy. I see no downside to getting his contract into a respectable market price for a tackle of his service and letting him play out his career as a Bronco.

Very encouraged.
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

He lost me at "I want to be a lifetime Bronco". If the restructure will allow us to sign some of our other FA, than I'm all for it. I would, however put in a health clause.

Comment

Couldn't we get Joe Thonas for the same dollar amount we are paying Clady?

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                                Couldn't we get Joe Thonas for the same dollar amount we are paying Clady?
                                If he wanted to play here, he'd be here.

He doesn't, so, he isn't.
                                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                                X