• Show
Clear All

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Elway and crew will get it worked out and we will have our left tackle back

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    It should be mentioned since it's failed to have been mentioned yet, this was the system Clady was drafted to play in.

Food for thought.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    If a LT was likely to be on the market it would be Jason Peters.

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Couldn't we get Joe Thonas for the same dollar amount we are paying Clady?
    No. Joe Thomas is under contract for several more years with Cleveland. Their new coaching staff doesn't appear to be interested in trading their star left tackle.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    If he wanted to play here, he'd be here.

He doesn't, so, he isn't.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CDUB1620
    replied
    He lost me at "I want to be a lifetime Bronco". If the restructure will allow us to sign some of our other FA, than I'm all for it. I would, however put in a health clause.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Left tackles, even ones with injury history, don't grow on trees.

I am very encouraged by this from ol Sweet Feet. He's better than anything even coming off injury than what we'd end up paying his replacement. Plus he's a familiar face in the locker room and by all accounts a good character guy. I see no downside to getting his contract into a respectable market price for a tackle of his service and letting him play out his career as a Bronco.

Very encouraged.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Unfortunately, with superstition being what it is, people might be opposed to him being around since both times he missed a season the Broncos made it to the Super Bowl.🙊😉

Either he really likes Denver or his agent is telling him it's the best business move for him.

Leave a comment:

• JesseH
    replied
    He has now missed 2 super bowls...and we need him desperately NOW. It's a tough one, one of the best at his position, but if he's not out there ... and the money could go elsewhere. Hmm.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Well if he is in shape what would be a respectable restructure?
    Years and money wise? Somewhere around 4 or 5? The hard part is not really knowing where he is health wise

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    If the restructured contract is favourable, and he proves the injury is behind him, it'd be great to see him back out there.

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Sounds great on paper. But lets see how he plays on the field.

If he can be 80% of what he was or better then it is worth discussing. If his injuries limit him then it would be a waste of salary cap.

I would be as thrilled as anyone if he can be close to the player he was for a hell of a lot less. Certainly would resolve a part of the o-line issues.
    He's only 29, So I feel pretty good about him coming back to a productive form. Like I said, he can't be worse than Schoffield.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Sounds great on paper. But lets see how he plays on the field.

If he can be 80% of what he was or better then it is worth discussing. If his injuries limit him then it would be a waste of salary cap.

I would be as thrilled as anyone if he can be close to the player he was for a hell of a lot less. Certainly would resolve a part of the o-line issues.

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    Clady coming back is a massive relief for the draft and opens the Broncos up to spend the number one pick on perhaps another position, (i.e. WR, DE, RB, etc.) and picking up a developmental Tackle later.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X