Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Experience
    replied
    If he can come back on a restructured deal I would love to have him back next year. He will obviously be a better option than Schoffield and would allow us to move Ty back to RT.

This is the system Clady was drafted to play in, and the one he has had most success in. He would be an excellent addition to this young line.

Leave a comment:

• uknflfan
    replied
    Clady's 2016 Cap Number is $10.1m. Dead Money is $1.2m. So savings if cut = $8.9m

Leave a comment:

• Strip Sacked
    replied
    Players like this are definitely very rare. His medical history is kinda worrisome.

I'd still love to see what numbers Elway's guy can throw at him, and see the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Clady wants to be lifelong Bronco.

An article on NFL.com says LT Ryan Clady I'd not only interested in a restructure to his contract but wants to be a lifelong Broncos.

Under his current correct he's due to get $9.5 million in 2016 and $10 million in 2017.

If they make an offer I think it's a great idea.

Broncos LT Ryan Clady eager to restructure contract
    Andie Hagemann
    NFL.com

Denver Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady is willing to restructure his contract in order to stay with the team, per the Associated Press.

Clady sustained a torn ACL in May, missing the entire 2015 season and his second Super Bowl in three seasons. He missed the Broncos' last Super Bowl berth due to a foot injury that sidelined him for all but two games of the 2013 season.

The veteran said he has yet to be approached about restructuring his contract. Under his current deal, he's due $9.5 million next season and $10 million in 2017.

"I'm sure that'll come after the season," Clady added. "I'm definitely willing to talk. I definitely would like to be a lifetime Bronco."

Clady has started in 98 games since the Broncos selected him 12th overall in the 2008 draft.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Very encouraging to hear Clady is open to the discussion. Now it just comes down to his health.

Re-structuring Clady is only a value if he can be on the field consistently and play well when on it. How close is he to the player that earned the contract by being one of the best OTs in the game? Is he 80%? 60%?

Depending on his on-field production, I would rather pay a little more for a quality free agent at OT then pay even 50% for a limited and diminished Clady.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis.1960
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    Would love to see Clady come back healthy at a reduced price.
    Yup...a low guarantee and a bonus for every game he doesn't get injured

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    There's no way Clady is back next year at his current cap figure, no way, no how.

Malik, Danny, Von, Brut among others are way more important long-term than him.
    His cap is entirely non-guaranteed next year, he knows that. I'm sure we can afford his market value which I think will be around 3-5 million for a year, and I think he'd prefer to stay in Denver as opposed to getting that 3-5 somewhere else.

We have Vance Walker under contract, who at a minimum has shown that he is a better run defender than Malik with versatility to play nose, and has produced at about the average rate for a 3-4 defensive end in pass rushing scenarios. We also have Kilgo and Anunike as developmental options.

Bruton coming off a broken leg and seeming like a loyal guy probably won't be expensive, and even then that Boise kid looks very similar to the player that Bruton has developed into.

I think Danny jumps ship to Chicago and I'd rather pay for Brandon Marshall than I would Trev. I think 6'2 250 pound linebackers that can move like Marshall are a rare commodity while Trev is just a great player who has maxed out his abilities. We will have to give Marshall a contract in a couple years.

Von needs to retire wearing our colors, but it might make more sense to just franchise him for the next two years.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    if we can restructure tehn of course we should. if we could get him under 6m it would be a steal

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    That'd be great! Then you can sign a serviceable veteran backup, or keep Clark. Then draft a tackle to develop and hope they develop better than Michael. Then you can sign one good offensive lineman in free agency. Then we can truly draft best player in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    [QUOTE=ERoyal248;5366941]There's no way Clady is back next year at his current cap figure, no way, no how.

Malik, Danny, Von, Brut among others are way more important long

We will see. Or since it sounds like he is willing to restructure maybe we won't see. I wager that he is with the Broncos at least through 2016.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I think Denver will be very willing to restructure. I believe if they can't get a deal done restructuring that they will still keep him on his current deal but that isn't something to make public or known to Clady. His cap hit next season is just over 10M, if we cut him we actually only save at/about 8M due to dead money. To bring in a FA LT that we could rely on at LT would likely cost at least that - probably more ... The Eagles Lane Johnson just signed for 10.5M, although they apparently are projecting him to play LT in the future he has played almost all of his games at RT, RT pays less than LTs in general. Johnson has NO pro-bowl or All-pro honors to his credit, Clady's last season (2014) was selected to the Pro-Bowl. I hope they restructure Clady in order to help with cap space but I think he stays regardless. Also according to Andrew Mason Clady is on schedule to participate in OTA's/mini camps.
    There's no way Clady is back next year at his current cap figure, no way, no how.

Malik, Danny, Von, Brut among others are way more important long-term than him.

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    Would love to see Clady come back healthy at a reduced price. Schofield has shown some signs of life in the playoffs so I am guessing he will be competing for the right tackle job next season, but I still expect us to draft an OT very high this year. I think Sambrailo's best fit is at LG or RT anyway. Not sure if Vasquez comes back or not, but Garcia looks like a long term option at one of the guard spots. Paradis has quietly had a very solid season and should continue to improve.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Its promising that he is coming out without the team mentioning anything to him, about restructuring his contract.

When you also consider Schofield is best played at guard not tackle, we'd have even less tackles on the roster if Clady bounced.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    I think Denver will be very willing to restructure. I believe if they can't get a deal done restructuring that they will still keep him on his current deal but that isn't something to make public or known to Clady. His cap hit next season is just over 10M, if we cut him we actually only save at/about 8M due to dead money. To bring in a FA LT that we could rely on at LT would likely cost at least that - probably more ... The Eagles Lane Johnson just signed for 10.5M, although they apparently are projecting him to play LT in the future he has played almost all of his games at RT, RT pays less than LTs in general. Johnson has NO pro-bowl or All-pro honors to his credit, Clady's last season (2014) was selected to the Pro-Bowl. I hope they restructure Clady in order to help with cap space but I think he stays regardless. Also according to Andrew Mason Clady is on schedule to participate in OTA's/mini camps.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    (From Rotoworld)

Broncos LT Ryan Clady told the Associated Press he's willing to have his contract restructured.

The Broncos haven't discussed reworking his deal yet, but Clady believes that conversation will take place after the season. "I'm definitely willing to talk," said Clady. "I definitely would like to be a lifetime Bronco." Clady tore his ACL last May. Ryan Harris has struggled at left tackle during his absence.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X