No announcement yet.

Ryan Clady willing to restructure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we can always resign him cheap and use him as a barometor at the beginning of the season for wether or not we are going to the superbowl...
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      On Clady...he knows the deal. He is going to get released and while LTs are in value ones that have misses as much time as Clady the last three years will find getting paid not as easy as some think. IMO only a crap team would pay him well with no team protection.

Restructuring a deal with Denver is the way to go. If I was Clady I would make it a 1 year contract with incentives so that if he does play well (he will assuming no injury) then he is a free agent in 2017 with a year of good play under his belt. The contract offers will be much better.

On Joe Thomas

He would have come here

Clev wanted a lot in return for trade

one article (never sure how much to trust something only one news source reports) also said Thomas would play in Denver but he wanted a raise.

I think the contract could have been worked out.

Think the trade comp was too out of wack.
      We wanted to take the girl out to Chilis and mess around later at the house, but she wanted Del Frisco's, a cruise, and a brand new mansion.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

No guesses as to the monetaries? Is a 1yr 5mill too low? I would say 4 but imsa not so good with the finances
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
          No guesses as to the monetaries? Is a 1yr 5mill too low? I would say 4 but imsa not so good with the finances
          I have not seen too much on his health, just his willingness to restructure. IMO the key factor is his health.

If the young man is recovered, feeling good and has not lost a step then I would assume the re-structure would only be a couple million below his current $10M salary. Just with a couple years added. If he is a fraction of the player the salary goes s down appropriately.

If he is close to the player he was then getting released and getting paid by another team would benefit him more.

Comment

Working...
          X