X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    No guesses as to the monetaries? Is a 1yr 5mill too low? I would say 4 but imsa not so good with the finances
    I have not seen too much on his health, just his willingness to restructure. IMO the key factor is his health.

If the young man is recovered, feeling good and has not lost a step then I would assume the re-structure would only be a couple million below his current $10M salary. Just with a couple years added. If he is a fraction of the player the salary goes s down appropriately.

If he is close to the player he was then getting released and getting paid by another team would benefit him more.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    No guesses as to the monetaries? Is a 1yr 5mill too low? I would say 4 but imsa not so good with the finances

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    On Clady...he knows the deal. He is going to get released and while LTs are in value ones that have misses as much time as Clady the last three years will find getting paid not as easy as some think. IMO only a crap team would pay him well with no team protection.

Restructuring a deal with Denver is the way to go. If I was Clady I would make it a 1 year contract with incentives so that if he does play well (he will assuming no injury) then he is a free agent in 2017 with a year of good play under his belt. The contract offers will be much better.

On Joe Thomas

He would have come here

Clev wanted a lot in return for trade

one article (never sure how much to trust something only one news source reports) also said Thomas would play in Denver but he wanted a raise.

I think the contract could have been worked out.

Think the trade comp was too out of wack.
    We wanted to take the girl out to Chilis and mess around later at the house, but she wanted Del Frisco's, a cruise, and a brand new mansion.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Well we can always resign him cheap and use him as a barometor at the beginning of the season for wether or not we are going to the superbowl...

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    On Clady...he knows the deal. He is going to get released and while LTs are in value ones that have misses as much time as Clady the last three years will find getting paid not as easy as some think. IMO only a crap team would pay him well with no team protection.

Restructuring a deal with Denver is the way to go. If I was Clady I would make it a 1 year contract with incentives so that if he does play well (he will assuming no injury) then he is a free agent in 2017 with a year of good play under his belt. The contract offers will be much better.

On Joe Thomas

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    If he wanted to play here, he'd be here.

He doesn't, so, he isn't.
    He would have come here

Clev wanted a lot in return for trade

one article (never sure how much to trust something only one news source reports) also said Thomas would play in Denver but he wanted a raise.

I think the contract could have been worked out.

Think the trade comp was too out of wack.

Leave a comment:

• Strip Sacked
    replied
    Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    If restructure means taking a pay cut, then cool. The dude hasn't been on the field much the last few seasons, but I'd still like to see him stay.
    Yeah, no kidding.. If he's still expecting full cash but back ended, he's out.

Leave a comment:

• Strip Sacked
    replied
    Then again I remember when DT was "willing to take a deal"..

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    If restructure means taking a pay cut, then cool. The dude hasn't been on the field much the last few seasons, but I'd still like to see him stay.

Leave a comment:

• Chronoless
    replied
    Key word "Restructure" I think Elways is going to ask him for a "Pay Cut" not a "Restructure" since you know, 2 of the years he was paid a lot, he only played 3-4 games max together. Broncos payed him 3 years already for 1.2 years worth of protection.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Schofield has been improving since Manning has come back. It's been delayed blitzes up the middle that is killing us. Wouldn't be surprised to see Scho and Sambraillo as our bookends with Clady sliding into LG. Ryan Harris has been improving at LT too and could be our swing tackle next season.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Not to mention that we've gotton to two super bowls with his cap hit but not him.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Some people say we couldn't be any worse off with him than Scofield but I beg to differ I think we could be worse off than with schofield depending on what clady is willing to take salary wise.

If he truly wants to be Bronco, let's see how much he's willing to give back to remain on the team and if he's not willing to give very much back then I say cut him.

At this point the injuries have built up, he's not going to be what he once was and its too much of a risk he's become injury prone.

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied
    My initial thought after Clady tore his ACL is "buh-bye".

Keep in mind that Clady suffered the Lisfranc injury two months after he signed the $52 million dollar contract, missed almost all of that season, came back and was average at best last season, and then tore his ACL. That's 3 seasons, two of which he missed, and one that was average, after signing the HUGE Contract. The guy has gotten paid a helluva lot of money for very little activity on the field. So yeah, it's good to hear that he is willing to make changes to his Contract.

After the hell that the OL went through last season, and the chance that Sambrailo's Labrum surgery could keep him out well into next season, it appears to be a good idea to at least see where Clady stands, physically, before making any decisions. I don't consider the ACL as a big issue, and it may be that he has had a chance to more completely recover from the Lisfranc injury.

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    It should be mentioned since it's failed to have been mentioned yet, this was the system Clady was drafted to play in.

Food for thought.
    It would be great to see Clady come back healthy. There is very little downside to bringing him back at a reduced rate. That being said, even if Clady returns to form...it would still be smart to draft an OT high.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    availability always trumps ability. Ability doesn't matter if you aren't available.

that being said, I'd love to see him healthy at a low cap number. Winning formula.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X