Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hardest choice Demaryius Thomas' mom will make

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...ice-super-bowl

Good read. Perhaps this aspect of his life has affected his job?

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...ice-super-bowl

Good read. Perhaps this aspect of his life has affected his job?
    Its ironic that you posted a news article about tough sentencing for non violent drug related offenses when Colorado has legalized one of the very drugs that people received lengthy sentences for and who are still serving time:

"Three decades of mandatory-minimum drug sentences had swelled the federal prison population from 24,000 to more than 200,000 prisoners, half of whom were serving time for non-violent drug offenses" "It's a broken system," Obama said, in one speech. "These punishments don't fit the crime."

Comment

This is what I was saying in the many DT threads which had/have been started. There is no way which something as big as this cannot affect someone. Now that this mom is released he needs to try and make sure that she can get herself back together and stable this off-season. I'd imagine that as soon as she gets to a good place he will revert back to the top tier player he is and can be.

In the video there was a great interview with his mom and it is clear she regretted what she did. I wish her well and hopefully she gets herself back on her feet.

Comment

Powerful read. Thanks for sharing it.

Certainly shows the human side of what players deal with beyond the field on an emotional level. And the ripple effect decisions have on those around you. Hope her anxiety resides and she gets to see her son raise the Lombardi.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
          Powerful read. Thanks for sharing it.

Certainly shows the human side of what players deal with beyond the field on an emotional level. And the ripple effect decisions have on those around you. Hope her anxiety resides and she gets to see her son raise the Lombardi.

Certainly seems a lot more than just a simple prison release.After reading this you can see how DT ccould be struggling off the field.

Comment

After reading that I have an uncomfortable, uneasy feeling.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Its a unique situation for DT, one that hardly anyone could truly understand. Hopefully both he and his mom can transcend their obstacles leading up to the game to share a moment of elation.
              sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                After reading that I have an uncomfortable, uneasy feeling.
                It's a lot for anyone to deal with, especially a twenty something year old. "Distraction" doesn't even begin to encompass all that DT is dealing with here. But everyone has things to deal with outside of their work, and I'm believing DT is due for a good, maybe great, game.

Comment

I am perfectly fine with DT giving us and his mom an MVP performance.

Some interesting storylines developing here. DT playing for his mom. Defense playing for Ware getting his first SB. Offense playing for Manning getting his ring. Manning wanting to retire with a fairy tale ending and a SB win.

Now the players just have to make them happen.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                    I am perfectly fine with DT giving us and his mom an MVP performance.

Some interesting storylines developing here. DT playing for his mom. Defense playing for Ware getting his first SB. Offense playing for Manning getting his ring. Manning wanting to retire with a fairy tale ending and a SB win.

Now the players just have to make them happen.
                    It really is quite interesting the various pieces we have going on. At the end of the day though every one of us has personal items going on in our lives. Some of which are tough. We don't get passes from our employers just because we are in a tough spot. DT needs to pull his crap together for one week and then he and his mom can work on what they need to.

Comment

Working...
                    X