Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning told friends he expects to retire

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ects-to-retire

And... His teammates are gonna make sure he goes out on top!

Imagine Manning, Woodson, and Calvin all going into the hall together. Who would've ever thought. Manning, and Woodson got drafted together, and it looks like will retire together.

Comment

Hope he goes out on top and his teammates step up. Best QB to ever do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
        Imagine Manning, Woodson, and Calvin all going into the hall together. Who would've ever thought. Manning, and Woodson got drafted together, and it looks like will retire together.
        Calvin johnson is not a hofer if he retires this soon. He doesn't have enough if any post season success to add to his otherwise brief carreer in hof standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Blanket24 View Post
          Calvin johnson is not a hofer if he retires this soon. He doesn't have enough if any post season success to add to his otherwise brief carreer in hof standards.
          I disagree. He will get into the HoF, but not in 4 years.
          sigpic

Comment

If true, kinda wish he'd announce before the game. Hint, hint, wink, wink!
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I think Calvin will be a HOF if he retires easily. Dude has a few hundred more yards than Rod Smith in three less seasons. One of top physical talents in football history.

Just another reason why playoff success and player evaluation usually have little to do with each other...

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
                I think Calvin will be a HOF if he retires easily. Dude has a few hundred more yards than Rod Smith in three less seasons. One of top physical talents in football history.

Just another reason why playoff success and player evaluation usually have little to do with each other...
                Tell it to Marvin harrison and the other 15 WRs with better numbers than him..
                Originally posted by baphamet
                are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Blanket24 View Post
                  Neither did Gayle Sayers.

Comment

I think Peyton wants to rethink who he considers to be close friends. Where is the man's privacy?
                    GO BRONCOS

Comment

Report: Manning has been telling close friends that he will retire after Super Bowl 50

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/2...he-will-retire

Comment

Calvin will get in, he hasn't had playoff success because he hasn't had a quality QB or D to help him out. It seems to be only Denver that the HOF looks down on
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

If this is true, (it wouldn't surprise me if he does), let me say this.

I've always had so much respect for Peyton, even after Brock took over and I felt he should start the rest of the season and playoffs. I remember playing against him, and I always dreaded when we'd have to face the Colts. If one NFL QB had our number, it was him. We at least had a winning record against Tom Brady. That was one reason why I was so happy that he came here almost 4 years ago. I even remember the day we signed him. I had recently gotten my tax return and I used some of that to get a Broncos shirt with his last name and number on the back. We may not have won a Super Bowl in his first 3 seasons here, (hopefully that will change this Sunday) but these were easily the most memorable seasons I've ever watched them play.

I am proud to own 2 Peyton Manning jerseys (I'm actually wearing one of them as I type this), I am very fortunate that he spent some time here, and thank you Peyton for everything you did for the Broncos. Now hopefully you can have your final game be a Super Bowl victory, just like John Elway did.
                          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

According to Klis this morning, Peyton said that he would like to meet those "close friends" that he supposedly told that to.
                            sigpic

Comment

Peyton Manning said he has been told that he'll need hip replacement surgery "down the road".
                              https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefte...91751224210851

Comment

Working...
                              X