Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos coach Gary Kubiak leans on Mike Shanahan for Super Bowl prep work

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak leans on Mike Shanahan for Super Bowl prep work

When Gary Kubiak won the AFC championship game, one issue remained unresolved for Broncos' critics. Kubiak has never won a Super Bowl. He has, however, worked for a coach who has won three Super Bowl rings. Mike Shanhan's offense dominated the San Diego Chargers, and, as boss of the Broncos, he won the team's past two titles.

He didn't earn the nickname "Mastermind" for his appearances on "Jeopardy." His football blueprint left an imprint with Kubiak, who has leaned on his experience with Shanahan in shaping his practices this week as he installed the game plan as if the Broncos were playing Sunday.

"Absolutely. I saw Mike last week, spent some time with him. I watched him prepare for these games," Kubiak said. "Yeah, I take a lot with me on what Mike taught me and how he prepared this team for these types of situations."

Shanahan, who interviewed for the head coaching jobs in Miami and San Francisco, is proud of Kubiak's achievement. The two became close as Kubiak worked as his offensive coordinator.

"Anytime you go into situation where a team has won and they expect you to win and get back to a Super Bowl, it's very hard to do that. Gary has met the challenge," Shanahan said. "And you can see why his leadership skills have given them the ability to get back to the Super Bowl. I know Gary as well as anybody — he's not happy with just getting there. He wants to win it."
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...bref=obnetwork
    Last edited by JesseH; 02-01-2016, 06:35 PM.

Just hope he does not become another little general.

Comment

Working...
    X