Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy involved in Sting

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...itution-sting/

Broncos practice squad S Ryan Murphy was detained in a prostitution sting in San Jose on Tuesday evening.
    Not a good way for Murphy to kick off Super Bowl week. Murphy was a seventh-round pick of the Seahawks last May, but didn't make it past final cuts and was signed to the Broncos' practice squad. Murphy and his brother were in a car when police busted them meeting up with the prostitute. Murphy was let go with a citation, but we'd expect him to be sent packing by Denver.
    Last edited by MHOC; 02-02-2016, 06:41 PM.

And I had just read this 10min Before....

Don't do what I did at Super Bowl

By STEVE REED - AP Sports Writer
    2016-02-02 16:51

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - Before the Carolina Panthers went to California for the Super Bowl, team broadcaster Eugene Robinson had a message for the players: Don't mess up like I did.

Robinson was a Falcons safety in 1999 when he was arrested the night before the Super Bowl for solicitation of a prostitute, while his wife and children were in a nearby hotel. Robinson played in the Super Bowl the following day, but gave up an 80-yard touchdown pass and missed a tackle on a long run as Atlanta lost 34-19 to the Denver Broncos.

''It was just to tell these guys, don't mess this up,'' Robinson said Tuesday. ''... I can be a living example - don't mess this up.''

Panthers coach Ron Rivera said the speech seemed to resonate with players, who gave Robinson a standing ovation.

''I think it is one of the bravest things I have ever seen a guy do,'' Rivera said. ''... For him to step up and relive that, to tell the guys he was wrong and (forgot) the reason he was there, that is a huge message. And I think that's a great message.''

Robinson remains married to his wife of 30 years. She has forgiven him for the mistake, but Robinson said it is something he will have to live with the rest of his life.

Robinson, who had won the Bart Starr Award for high moral character just days before the arrest in Miami, said he to hear the word ''solicitation'' is still extremely painful to him.

''It was painful. I cried the entire night,'' Robinson said of the night before the Super Bowl. ''I was like, `How did I get so far over here when I was way over there? It's easy to lose your way when you're selfish and you're only thinking about yourself. That's what I did.''

Tight end Ed Dickson said Robinson chose the right time to talk to players.

''My heart goes out to him and everything he had to deal with then, but if you can reach one player and they don't make the same mistake that you make, that is critical,'' Dickson said. ''I applaud him for doing it and I thought it was courageous for him to tell that story and to open up that wound again.''

Robinson said he spoke to Rivera about approaching the players, and the coach agreed.

''I want my guys to know that you have a great opportunity and seize the moment - and don't be like me,'' Robinson said.

Comment

What an idiot. Hope the Broncos cut him now and send him home.
      sigpic

Comment

I lol when i read the Robinson article and 10 min later we got an idiot doing the same thing

Comment

I didn't know he had won an award for being a high moral character! Hahaha

Comment

His brother can drive him to the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
              I didn't know he had won an award for being a high moral character! Hahaha
              Oh yeah. That was MAJOR news around the SB. Talk was whether Reeves was even going to play him. It was a definit ugly moment for him b
              #swapping

Comment

Well Better early in the week and it being a non factor guy but they will have to answer a million questions about it so hopefully not a distraction

Comment

He was questioned by police and they determined that he was not involved in any illegal activity. It was his brother who got in trouble. It's still pretty stupid to put yourself in that position and I'm sure he will be released.

Question: how many of you had even heard of this dude? I know I didn't recognize his name as one of our ps players. It'll be ridiculous when this story blows up

In other news I just saw that cam and the panthers were getting drunk and celebrating in a night club
                  Last edited by VenomousDB; 02-02-2016, 07:02 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                    Oh yeah. That was MAJOR news around the SB. Talk was whether Reeves was even going to play him. It was a definit ugly moment for him b
                    The Falcons game is the first I ever remember watching and is potentially why I became a Broncos fan. Because, honestly I don't remember how it happened because my dad was a Vikings fan. I just knew I liked the Broncos and that was when I was 5.

Comment

Broncos just announced that he was sent home. Good move by Kubiak
                      sigpic

Comment

Kubes just put out a statement that said even though he wasn't cited he has been sent home!

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                          Broncos just announced that he was sent home. Good move by Kubiak
                          Good. Now let's hope the panthers and the media don't use this as ammunition
                          sigpic

Comment

Come on guys. We don't even know the details. Maybe Ryan Murphys really ugly and has an honest reason to pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                              Come on guys. We don't even know the details. Maybe Ryan Murphys really ugly and has an honest reason to pay for it?
                              Or maybe as noted above it was determined that he wasn't involved and it was his idiot brother who was in trouble and he was just questioned.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X