No announcement yet.

As Bowlen's Health Fails, His Impact on NFL, Broncos Stays as Strong as Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Bowlen's Health Fails, His Impact on NFL, Broncos Stays as Strong as Ever

Very nice article about Pat Bowlen and what he meant, means, to the NFL and to the Broncos. I knew he played some key roles for the NFL, but I didn't realize what a big impact he had on the television side of things.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/02/sup...y-dick-ebersol

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Very nice article about Pat Bowlen and what he meant, means, to the NFL and to the Broncos. I knew he played some key roles for the NFL, but I didn't realize what a big impact he had on the television side of things.

Great read.
    Last edited by AussieBronco76; 02-03-2016, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Another great story is how Elway eventually ended up playing for the Broncos and not the NY Yankees. If you remember, Elway was drafted by the Baltimore Colts, but said he would not play there. The Broncos owner at the time, Edgar Kiser was the only owner in volved in trade talks with Jim Irsay that was able to relate to him. There is an ESPN 30 for 30 film about the entire scenario. It's called Elway to Marino. Worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
        Another great story is how Elway eventually ended up playing for the Broncos and not the NY Yankees. If you remember, Elway was drafted by the Baltimore Colts, but said he would not play there. The Broncos owner at the time, Edgar Kiser was the only owner in volved in trade talks with Jim Irsay that was able to relate to him. There is an ESPN 30 for 30 film about the entire scenario. It's called Elway to Marino. Worth a look.
        Great documentary. Love the part about how Al Davis had completely worked out a deal to sign Elway (who said he wanted to play on the West coast) but Rozelle refused to allow it. Since Elway became a Bronco, the raiders are 0-1 on SB Sunday and spent over a decade in the depths of mediocrity...I bet that still makes Al turn in his grave...

"There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
        PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
        LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Thanks for making me cry at work...Reading Ellis's comments about Bowlen and the team....Alzheimers freaking sucks...
          Last edited by Freyaka; 02-03-2016, 09:22 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

I also want to point out...The other day in the "This one's for Pat" thread, it was suggested that Manning would be the first one we'd dedicate the win to.

Not a chance, if you don't believe that Pat Bowlen is the most important person in Broncos history, read the article. The man is the Broncos and I'm so incredibly sad that he's had this team ripped away by such a horrible disease.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              I also want to point out...The other day in the "This one's for Pat" thread, it was suggested that Manning would be the first one we'd dedicate the win to.

Not a chance, if you don't believe that Pat Bowlen is the most important person in Broncos history, read the article. The man is the Broncos and I'm so incredibly sad that he's had this team ripped away by such a horrible disease.
              Definitely not a chance. It has to be Elway holding up the trophy and dedicating it to Pat. The Manning sunset story is just gravy...but there's no question this one's for Pat.
              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Working...
              X