X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Defensive End Antonio Smith's Father Died This Morning

Per Profootball Talk.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-this-morning/

The Broncos had to deal with a distraction last night.

Today, they’re dealing with heartbreak.

According to Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post, Broncos defensive lineman Antonio Smith found out this morning that his 55-year-old father died.

“It’s rough. I just found out this morning,” Smith said. “It was my mom who called and told me. The call came in at about 6:30.”

Marty Christopher Williams, 55, has been in prison for more than two decades, and died as a result of complications from heart surgery.

Williams said he planned to stay with the team and plans to play in Sunday’s Super Bowl.
    RIP

So sad for Smith. Another reason to win this game.
    sigpic

Prayers to the family, keep him in your heart Antonio.
    [sigpic

Comment

Antonio Smith's father died this morning

I didn't see this posted yet- but wow. How incredibly heartbreaking. I cannot imagine what it would feel like to be going to the Super Bowl and suddenly, your dad can't watch it. It sounds like he was locked up anyway, so wouldn't have been there in person...but still.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-this-morning/
      Proud to be a lifelong crazed woman and descendant of a Colorado "century family"! (My family has been here since at least 1840)

Comment

That's gotta be tough, no two ways about it. I hope Antonio Smith is okay.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Praying for you and your family Antonio!
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Oh wow. Condolences to Antonio. How sad.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for Antonio and his family.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to the Smith family.

This one's for Dad, Antonio.

Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

In my thoughts Antonio. Sad.
                  sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                  Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                  PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

What a sad deal, prayers for his family. I bet be plays even harder now Sunday
                    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

My heart goes out to you and your family, Antonio. Best wishes for Sunday's game.

Comment

Antonio Smith mourning loss of father, ready to salute him

From the article:

At first, Antonio Smith thought about running out of the team hotel and catching the first flight home after his mother awakened him with news of his father's death following heart surgery.

"But I know I got a greater purpose and a greater responsibility here on this stage," Smith said Thursday, a day after that phone call shattered the joy of Super Bowl week for him.

Link

Prayers to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cnon View Post
                          From the article:

At first, Antonio Smith thought about running out of the team hotel and catching the first flight home after his mother awakened him with news of his father's death following heart surgery.

"But I know I got a greater purpose and a greater responsibility here on this stage," Smith said Thursday, a day after that phone call shattered the joy of Super Bowl week for him.

Link

Prayers to all.
                          Indeed. Any of us who have lost a parent know what Antonio is going through. It's hard, very hard, even under the kindest of circumstances. Stay tough, Antonio; it's not going to be easy. Take heart in this: "that which does not kill us, makes us stronger" (Nietzsche).
                          --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                          X