Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linebacker Danny Trevathan expects the Bears to be interested in him during free agen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping we can find the money to retain all of our free agent players on defense.

1. Miller
    2. Jackson
    3. Marshall
    4. Trevathan
    5. Bruton

It will be very hard to retain all of them...

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
      I don't want John Fox to have any kind of success in Chicago. Guy did Carolina and us dirty! Hope Danny stays here long term!!
      Fox is a good solid coach. Not flashy by any means, but he does know his job well.

Not many coaches take two different teams to the Super Bowl. Obviously he didnt win either, but that is a real achievement nonetheless.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
        I remember your stance in the Fox debate threads.

If average or mediocre is "good", then we simply have different definitions and standards for the term.

I'm not sure what you classify as good if going to 2 Super Bowls with 2 different organizations is mediocre?

And yep, early last season until towards the latter part I didn't think that Fox deserved to be fired, but my mind started to change after the game in New England, and once they started going to the "Fox offense" of run the ball a lot and pass almost never, I was even more convinced it was time for a change.

One of the things Fox did well early in his Denver career was trusting his coaches to coach, but once they went to that approach it was obvious that he was overstepping things and was micromanaging.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          I wouldn't describe myself as one of Fox's "ardent supporters" he needed to be fired and was rightfully so. What I think is ridiculous is the revisionist history that goes on here. John Fox is a good coach, a good coach with a ceiling, but a good coach nonetheless.
          For the most part I would say I agree with you. Except I think it's more fair to describe fox as an above average coach in general, (right under good for me). But, not as bad of a coach as many like to think he was. He's just not much of a gameplanner. And that can serve to be the most important asset to a coach come playoffs.

Comment

And yes they did actually screw him in Carolina, the GM completely gutted that roster. I was at the Denver v Carolina game in Charlotte in 2012 and the Panthers fans around me were openly talking about how the management went out of their way to stack the deck against him.

Again I don't disagree he deserved to be fired in Denver, he absolutely did, especially with the "rumours" about his departure popping up via one of his close friends on the morning of the Broncos playoff game.

But again he's also a good coach, if you want a team that's bottomed out to be turned around, he's your guy, it's just he'll run into a ceiling after he turns that team around.
            Well that's not the perception I heard from Panthers fans who actually made a point of stopping byour boards to pay their condolences after we hired him. There's plenty floating around now, I guess they could weigh in on this now.

I agree that he's good at fixing up a bad team, but little else.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
              For the most part I would say I agree with you. Except I think it's more fair to describe fox as an above average coach in general, (right under good for me). But, not as bad of a coach as many like to think he was. He's just not much of a gameplanner. And that can serve to be the most important asset to a coach come playoffs.
              I think he overlooked small details, and sadly for Denver small details can be important. Case in point was not practicing with simulated noise leading up to Super Bowl 48, that was a monumental mistake. As Kubiak pointed out last week, after the Broncos practiced with crowd noise simulated, it's better to have practiced it and not needed it than to not practice it and need it.

Comment

Well that's not the perception I heard from Panthers fans who actually made a point of stopping byour boards to pay their condolences after we hired him. There's plenty floating around now, I guess they could weigh in on this now.

I agree that he's good at fixing up a bad team, but little else.
                Well if a few people popping up on a message board say it, it's gotta be true...

Comment

I'm not sure what you classify as good if going to 2 Super Bowls with 2 different organizations is mediocre?
                  He didn't win any of them, and I'm looking at his overall track record, conservative coaching and ho hum attitude. The success that led to the 2nd SB was more in spite of him, than because of him. He didn't orchestrate that historic offense, the engine which paved the way -that was Gase and Manning. But what good is making a SB only to be utterly blown out, just like his "vaunted" Giants D in 2001? If he was truly a good coach, either Carolina or Denver would have wanted to keep him.
                  Last edited by L.M.; 02-03-2016, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Well if a few people popping up on a message board say it, it's gotta be true...
                    That includes yourself, Butler!

Let's be good to ourselves!

Comment

That includes yourself, Butler!

Let's be good to ourselves!
                      I wasn't saying you, I meant when random fans pop up on a rival team's message board, it's not always the best indication of the fanbase. To further my point about Fox and the Panthers in 2010 (the last point I'll make, because right now it should be about Denver in Super Bowl 50), his QBs that year : Jimmy Clausen, Keith Null and Brian St. Pierre, finished the year as the QBs, because Matt Moore and Tony Pike got put on IR.

I'm not sure of any team trying to win that would trust those 5 QBs to do that. To me that's a roster being made to get the top pick and draft the top QB (Carolina was probably counting on Luck, he stayed and they got a good QB in his place).

But our disagreement on where Fox is overall as a coach needs to be put away. He's the coach of the Bears now, we're both Broncos fans, and we're both hoping for a Broncos Super Bowl victory on Sunday, that's what's important! Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                        Pissed that he made that comment before the SB honestly. Probably just slipped up but no reason to say what he said right now.

Don't wanna lose him but he's not irreplaceable
                        I agree with every word here. He and Malik are being really self-serving talking free agency during the big week. Completely unnecessary and harmful. He is good, but we can replace him if needed.

Comment

I'd would love if he stays a Bronco, but if he is going for the big bucks, I don't see this organisation going to pay it to him, especially not this off-season.
                          "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            Danny T is a very solid player. worth big $? probably not. I think in the $5M-6M range is fair. We'll see how it all plays out. They can't keep gambling on these late pick/FA LB and letting them walk after a few years though. eventually they have to keep one around for a while. First it was WW. Than Danny T. Then Marshall. if the trend continues Marshall will be gone next and Mason Monheim will be starting for us.
                            Totally agree. I know with the cap it's tough to build these units and keep them, but Danny T and Marshall help piece together one of the best LB units in the NFL. We have to keep the core guys as long as possible.
                            #swapping

Comment

Fox is almost universally hated on this board and many people look at it like anyone could have gotten a Peyton Manning team to the Super Bowl. Of course they fail to also point out that he took a Jake Delhomme coached team to the Super Bowl beating a 12-4 St. Louis team in St. Louis and a 12-4 Eagles team in Philly on the road to it. In fact if not for a Jon Kasay kickoff out of bounds, the Panthers may have won that Super Bowl, or at least taken it to overtime.

The only Trevathan pick I remember was the one against Baltimore when he was so busy trying to celebrate that he dropped the ball at the 1 yard line.
                              I agree with you on Fox. I thought he did really good for you guys. I think in the end there were some philosophical differences between him, Elway and Peyton and it was just time to part ways. And I got the feeling that Fox wasn't really allowed to do things the way he wanted to in the last half of his last season. Not that it would have changed the outcome much cause I don't really know.

Comment

http://milehighsports.com/john-foxs-...super-bowl-50/

Yup

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X