Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rodney Harrison Says He Would Take Out Cam Newton’s Knees If He Played Against Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodney Harrison Says He Would Take Out Cam Newton’s Knees If He Played Against Him

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/0...d-against-him/

Romanowski says he would choke him under the bottom of pile. I don't necessarily encourage these things..but it'd be in the back of my mind and make me think twice about running if I were Cam.

I hate this dirty nonsense. Put pressure on Cam. Tackle him. Go back to the huddle. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

no..it's about more than pressure...Same with Gronk ..when a guy is 6'5 245 and runs like a powerback you got to him them low. The psychological aspect doesn't hurt either. Peyton does it too.

Comment

When a man is that big and running like a power back you almost have no choice but to hit him down low. I mean you wouldn't want to break your neck or your back in the process over hitting him up high. But anyway I heard that this morning Mike Golic ripped Harrison over it.

I guess as human beings we can appreciate Harrison's honesty but I don't encourage dirty foul play either, it's just the game and you don't need to impare anybody for the rest of their life.

Comment

Harrison and Romanowski were great players but very dirty that took cheap shots if they both played today I imagine they would be thrown out of ton of games not sure they fit this current era.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with what Harrison said because he's talking about when Newton is a runner... not when he's in the pocket... huge difference.

And instead of him saying "hit him in the knees", he could have easily meant "hit him below the waist".
            "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

I don't think we should try to hurt him by landing dirty hits, that said, if he runs make sure you hit him hard (not illegal, hard) to make him think twice about running against us next time.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
                I don't see anything wrong with what Harrison said because he's talking about when Newton is a runner... not when he's in the pocket... huge difference.

And instead of him saying "hit him in the knees", he could have easily meant "hit him below the waist".
                Well the hit him low part isn't the biggest issue from his statement, it was the " I would try to hurt him" part that would probably erk people the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  I don't think we should try to hurt him by landing dirty hits, that said, if he runs make sure you hit him hard (not illegal, hard) to make him think twice about running against us next time.
                  Exactly. Lay the wood on him once, and maybe that keeps him in the pocket a little longer.
                  sigpic
                  2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

I heard the whole interview on the radio on my way to work yesterday. He definitely meant it in a dirty way. They were a little shocked and asked him to clarify, and he basically replied that he meant exactly as he sounded -- the only way to stop Cam is to literally take him out of the game with injury.

Other random things I remember was:
                    -He basically blamed Junior Seau for the Patriots losing the SB to the Giants, because he pleaded with Seau to change pass coverage and he refused, and the play resulted in the Plaxico TD.
                    -He said Peyton Manning was the hardest QB he had ever played against.
                    -He picked Carolina to win the SB.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                      Well the hit him low part isn't the biggest issue from his statement, it was the " I would try to hurt him" part that would probably erk people the wrong way.
                      I don't want anybody to get hurt or taken out of the game on a stretcher. I like Cam, and would hate to see a career ending injury. That said, I am happy with what Rodney Harrison said. While I do NOT want Cam getting hurt in a serious way, I do want the thought of getting hit low (and even getting hurt) to get in his head and affect his play.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                        I don't see a problem with trying to make it hurt, trying to injure...that's a problem. Bruises hurt. Make it hurt so he thinks twice about doing it. That's not the same as saying blow out his knees so he can't play.

Who knows which Harrison meant, but you want your hits to hurt and inspire fear of them coming again.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sheenabobeena View Post
                          I heard the whole interview on the radio on my way to work yesterday. He definitely meant it in a dirty way. They were a little shocked and asked him to clarify, and he basically replied that he meant exactly as he sounded -- the only way to stop Cam is to literally take him out of the game with injury.

Other random things I remember was:
                          -He basically blamed Junior Seau for the Patriots losing the SB to the Giants, because he pleaded with Seau to change pass coverage and he refused, and the play resulted in the Plaxico TD.
                          -He said Peyton Manning was the hardest QB he had ever played against.
                          -He picked Carolina to win the SB.
                          Ya, that's unacceptable then...If you can't beat a player without taking him out of the game then you really aren't good enough to win. Making him hurt is one thing, injuring and taking him out of the game is another and is not acceptable.
                          sigpic

Comment

I see no problem. Huge guy, hard to arm tackle, heavily built. Can't hit him high, can't arm tackle. Only response is to go low. If that's dirty, it's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. Same with Gronk.

Nothing intentional, but I'm pretty sure you want to make a QB regret running. Heck, that hit on Brady by Talib was a perfect one.
                            sigpic

Comment

From the interview:

"...You let a quarterback score, you let him dance, and you see it time and time again on film. If I was playing against Cam Newton, I would try to take him out. I would try to take him out."

Patrick: "What do you mean?"

"I would try to hurt him. I would go right to his knees. That's the goal. You want to knock him out -- that might be the difference between winning and losing the Super Bowl."
                              Later that day, Harrison clarified that he didn't mean he'd take out Newton while he's in the pocket, but rather when he "becomes a running back" outside the pocket.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X