Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rodney Harrison Says He Would Take Out Cam Newton’s Knees If He Played Against Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Mora
    replied
    Originally posted by WillTopper View Post
    Do you remember when NE sacked Peyton ..... high hit upper back........... they were trying to knock him out of the game.....It was a legal hit ..... but the intent was to take him out.
    That is the goal in football. Legally hit them so hard they leave the game. Not dirty. There is a difference. Just the same as in boxing.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    In the interest of balance, Bill Romanowski also said that he would "choke Newton at the bottom of a pile" so it's not just Harrison. But having said that neither player was ever known as guys who kept it clean.

Leave a comment:

• RunYouOver
    replied
    Not a surprising comment from someone like Rodney. Never liked the guy.

Leave a comment:

• Pantherfan1
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    In this game there's only 1 player who's a cheap shot artist, and that's Cortland Finnegan. He's been a chippy (dirty) player his entire career. However I haven't watched him much during his short stint with Carolina this year, and he's been away from Jeff Fisher and Greg Williams long enough, perhaps he's reformed?
    Yeah I wasn't a fan of his before we signed him but he's not tried any of that cheap **** while he's been on our team.

Leave a comment:

• Pantherfan1
    replied
    Do you remember when NE sacked Peyton ..... high hit upper back........... they were trying to knock him out of the game.....It was a legal hit ..... but the intent was to take him out.
    Intent matters. I would hate to see one of our players deliberately target Manning's neck area. I don't think Ron would allow any of that nonsense anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied

Defenses are always trying to take offensive players out of the game. Most of the time it's not dirty, and they don't want to see the player miss an extended period of time, but if you can force that offensive player out due to injury now you get to face his backup, often times that's a significant step down. Not talking about any particular players here, just in general.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Pantherfan1 View Post
    Rodney Harrison was a dirty player so no surprise he said something like this. I have a problem with this just as I would if he would have said to do the same thing to Manning. The unfortunate thing about somebody actually trying this kind of nonsense is that then somebody from our defense would try to do the same to Manning. It could get really ugly.
    In this game there's only 1 player who's a cheap shot artist, and that's Cortland Finnegan. He's been a chippy (dirty) player his entire career. However I haven't watched him much during his short stint with Carolina this year, and he's been away from Jeff Fisher and Greg Williams long enough, perhaps he's reformed?

Leave a comment:

• WillTopper
    replied
    Originally posted by Pantherfan1 View Post
    Rodney Harrison was a dirty player so no surprise he said something like this. I have a problem with this just as I would if he would have said to do the same thing to Manning. The unfortunate thing about somebody actually trying this kind of nonsense is that then somebody from our defense would try to do the same to Manning. It could get really ugly.

Leave a comment:

• Pantherfan1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Slytherclaw
    replied
    This is one where I go with my mother's way of thinking. She's been saying all week she doesn't want our guys to take him out; she wants him to try one of his showboat moves and land wrong on a knee or ankle and take himself out. Nothing career ending, just enough for a bit of ego deflation.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    I don't care for cheap shots, but if I'm the Broncos very single time Newton runs the zone read I make sure that the read end knows his job is to absolutely hammer Newton, according to the rules, that's a 100% legal play.

Leave a comment:

• hawaiiiancrush
    replied
    Yep, a guy Cam's size you must hit him low, if your hit should happen to knock him out of the game... Hey that's just football.

But Rodney should have left out the part about deliberately taking him out of the game imo.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    How about guys like that actually learn to tackle. You can hit a guy low without trying to injure him. If you wrap up and complete the tackle, "taking him out" is not necessary. A solid power perfect-form tackle does the same, and more, mentally to a player. If Cam get his the way we planted shots on Brady, that will be in his head far more than some cheap shots.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Mora
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I mean he flat out said he would want to take him out of the game...leaves little room for interpretation.
    There's nothing wrong with taking him out of the game with hits. You just want to do it legally. And not with the intent to disable someone after football. Football is a violent sport like boxing. The goal of both is to take out the other player.

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I mean he flat out said he would want to take him out of the game...leaves little room for interpretation.
    By take him out of the game he could mean he'd hit him to the point where Cam is in fear and not 100% mentally in the game..... But you're probably right.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X