Jim Irsay asked Peyton Manning to retire with Colts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Irsay asked Peyton Manning to retire with Colts

No. I do not think Peyton owes ANYTHING to Irsay or that team. What a jerk. That is an incredibly inappropriate headline headed into to Super Bowl 50, whether it was Irsay's fault or not.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ire-with-colts
    fumpa.mybrute.com

Originally posted by LoserSlick View Post
    No. I do not think Peyton owes ANYTHING to Irsay or that team. What a jerk. That is an incredibly inappropriate headline headed into to Super Bowl 50, whether it was Irsay's fault or not.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ire-with-colts
    super annoying..this stuff is just a distraction and should not even be talked about until after the super bowl.

Comment

It is kinda annoying all the reports that just happen to make its way out there right before the Super Bowl, like this one and the Rams potentially looking at Peyton for next season
      sigpic

Comment

Irsay is one of the egomaniacs that give NFL owners such a bad name. I'd totally love to see PM publically snub him and retire as a Bronco...though I think PM is too classy for that and would probably choose to retire as a Colt, not for Irsay but for the Colts fans that supported the beginning of his career
        "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
        PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
        LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by noflyzone23 View Post
          super annoying..this stuff is just a distraction and should not even be talked about until after the super bowl.
          Not only is Irsay a loony addict like his father before him, but he friggin BOOTED Manning. And that decision came after Manning had to sit there and watch him deliberately tank the season to nab Andrew Luck in the draft.

Manning had his record 2004 season and 2 Super Bowls with the Colts. And now Manning also has his record 2013 season and 2 Super Bowls with the Broncos. The difference is Irsay road Manning's coattails to relevance and then kicked him to the curb... and then got arrested on Main St totally wasted with a bunch of illegal prescription drugs. The Broncos, on the other hand, picked Manning up with the utmost respect for him and his legacy and into a proven WINNING organization with a legend at GM and a classy owner.

Manning retires a Bronco. He can partner with another hospital in Denver. Screw Indy.
          fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Jim Irsay must be on drugs. Oh wait!
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

As long as he retires as a Superbowl winner.... who cares?
              Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Comment

Originally posted by pozbaird View Post
                AMEN brother..that's what I'm saying...let's put all our focus and getting him the win! It'll make talking about his retirement afterwards much sweeter. Why get caught up in the distraction before the biggest game of his career? I just don't get it.

Comment

I don't care either way as long as he just retires.

Comment

Originally posted by noflyzone23 View Post
                    AMEN brother..that's what I'm saying...let's put all our focus and getting him the win! It'll make talking about his retirement afterwards much sweeter. Why get caught up in the distraction before the biggest game of his career? I just don't get it.
                    As much as I like and admire Peyton Manning, I must admit to being a bit tired hearing so much about what this all means for him, for his legacy, for his stats', for his retirement... I support the Denver Broncos, not Peyton Manning. I supported them at Wembley with Kyle Orton, I cheered when Tim Tebow won a playoff game, and I was thrilled when my wife and I came over in December and we saw Brock Osweiler lead the team to victory over the Patriots.

If ever a season proved this is a genuine team game, it's this one and the 2015/16 season Denver Broncos. We'd be nowhere without the defense, without Brock's 7 games as QB, without McManus' kicks, without.... Insert name here.

It isn't all about Peyton.
                    Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Comment

I think we all knew this was coming. Is anyone surprised at all by this? Really?

It's one of the reasons I wasn't always thrilled to have Manning in Denver. I knew he was a Colt first.
                      His heart lies with the Colts.
                      Just like Elway is ours as Bronco fans, Manning is and always will be theirs as Colt fans.
                      My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Comment

Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
                        I think we all knew this was coming. Is anyone surprised at all by this? Really?

It's one of the reasons I wasn't always thrilled to have Manning in Denver. I knew he was a Colt first.
                        His heart lies with the Colts.
                        Just like Elway is ours as Bronco fans, Manning is and always will be theirs as Colt fans.
                        Except Jim Mora.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Then he could retire today, as he already IS a "Superbowl winner".

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115
                            Being inducted into the Hall of Fame and retiring as a member of a team are two different things. One can retire as part of a team, like Champ Bailey did last year. When one enters the HOF, they enter as an individual.
                            Yes, but both teams will be attached to his name in the HOF. They used to list the primary team (in bold on the website) and then the secondary team(s). Not sure what the format is now in the physical hall. Here's Shannon Sharpe's site entry:

http://www.profootballhof.com/players/shannon-sharpe/

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115
                              Being inducted into the Hall of Fame and retiring as a member of a team are two different things. One can retire as part of a team, like Champ Bailey did last year. When one enters the HOF, they enter as an individual.
                              It's an empty gesture by Irsay. He drafted his replacement, sent him packing, Manning has been to more Super Bowls since, and now he wants him to retire a Colt? Corny. You want to honor him in front of the fans and for the fans, retire his number during a national tv game after he retires.

Comment

Working...
                              X