Super Bowl MVP/HOF Wr Fred Biletnikoff thinks Manning gets SB50 MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl MVP/HOF Wr Fred Biletnikoff thinks Manning gets SB50 MVP

Ok, I will admit that I am a long time fan of Fred Biletnikoff, in his time with the Raiders he was my favorite player. He stated that he thinks Manning will win the SB50 MVP, I like his prediction, I think there is a decent chance for that to happen, at the least I hope it comes true.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...2-51bc3c6c47c8
    sigpic

Initially I am a little cautious about this type of prediction. But one never knows, and perhaps everything this season has led us to this place, where an old gunslinger has but one last confrontation to take care of. There are no tomorrows in that scenario, so every thing he has done to get here will be utilized. Getting injured will be a secondary concern. Making a mistake here or there will not be lamented. It will be about getting this last job done, and mustering every ounce of will and energy to maximize this experience.

So yes, it is possible. There are no longer term distractions or considerations. This is it. 60 minutes and it's over.

This is a positive in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
      Ok, I will admit that I am a long time fan of Fred Biletnikoff, in his time with the Raiders he was my favorite player. He stated that he thinks Manning will win the SB50 MVP, I like his prediction, I think there is a decent chance for that to happen, at the least I hope it comes true.
      When it comes to the old raiders, I couldn't help but respect Freddie and The Snake. I bet if Stabler was alive he'd pick The Sheriff for the win too

A couple great Biletnikoff stories I heard many years ago...

1) He'd get so nervous before every game he'd throw up in the locker room.
      2) He was incredibly superstitious. Before his first offensive series he'd chew 3 different types of gum. If he had a good series he'd keep chewing. If he had a bad series, he'd spit it out and try a new combination.

Since he picked our Broncos, let's hope he chews the same gum combo all day tomorrow
      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Working...
      X