Broncos will Franchise Tag Von Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    And pay $20 million to a guy who shouldn't get more than $4-8 million?

You can't be serious.

I would be surprised if Elway doesn't move on from a QB who had the job to lose, and then lost it.

I totally agree....our QB next year is not on the team now...

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
      And pay $20 million to a guy who shouldn't get more than $4-8 million?

You can't be serious.

I would be surprised if Elway doesn't move on from a QB who had the job to lose, and then lost it.
      No way on Earth do the Broncos pay Osweiler $20 million for one year. At that rate you may as well just pay Manning.

The idea is that you need to trim money at the QB position - not equal or compound it. For me, while I respect what Osweiler did in replacing Manning for several weeks nothing about his body of work indicates he's worth a franchise tag or a high-end contract. Unfortunately, some team will fork over ridiculous money for him, so my hunch is he won't be on the team next season. While that leaves a very small window for Manning to return, my hunch also says he'll move on.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        No way on Earth do the Broncos pay Osweiler $20 million for one year. At that rate you may as well just pay Manning.

The idea is that you need to trim money at the QB position - not equal or compound it. For me, while I respect what Osweiler did in replacing Manning for several weeks nothing about his body of work indicates he's worth a franchise tag or a high-end contract. Unfortunately, some team will fork over ridiculous money for him, so my hunch is he won't be on the team next season. While that leaves a very small window for Manning to return, my hunch also says he'll move on.
        Nice post.

In regards to the QB situation, we can get similar, if not better production at the position next year with guys that will cost a fraction of what Brock or Manning would cost if either one of them returned.

It's simple.

-Sign an experienced, reasonably priced veteran to be a back up and could start a few games, if we need him to.

-Draft a QB

-let the rookie compete with Siemian to be the starter with the veteran waiting in the wings in case things go wrong.
        RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
        :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
          Rapopoop reiterated Von Miller wants to be the highest paid defensive player.
          After the way he's played in his last two games, it seems inevitable.

Comment

Pay the man. He just took over the biggest football game there is.

Comment

If they don't pay Von, the fans will riot and potentially burn Denver to the ground!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                Rapopoop reiterated Von Miller wants to be the highest paid defensive player. I believe Suh holds the record with $60 million guaranteed. Justin Houston received $52.5 million guaranteed.
                The irony here being to pay him that we most likely will need to cut his idol.
                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Franchising and paying Von is not just about keeping a high impact, elite player, it's preventing him from potentially going to a rival who could hurt us with him! Imagine facing him twice a year as a Raider bookended with Mack, or in a P*ts uniform!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Impending free agent OLB Von Miller said contract negotiations with the Broncos will be "a peaceful thing."
                    Miller's comments came while accepting the MVP award for Super Bowl 50. One of the best pass rushers in the league, Miller elevated his game this postseason with five combined sacks in the AFC Championship and Super Bowl wins. Even if they cannot agree to a long-term deal, the Broncos are widely expected to retain Miller with the franchise tag.

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter
                    sigpic

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhI88tg1Gqg
                      New England Patriots GM

Comment

This is not MLB, you don't get to just out pay everyone (not that we have the deep pockets to do that).

Elway has never used the exclusive tag before. I believe it is a matter of respect to players. If the Jags offer Miller 30M this year, do you think it is a no brainer to match the contract?

It takes two to tango and while I am sure we will offer him > Justin Houston $$$ to be the top OLB in the NFL, I do not have the same confidence we will match any absurd contract offer he gets.

The sooner we know the tag type, the sooner we will get a feel for if he will be back.
                        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                          Which may lead to an exclusive tag. Can be tagged this way twice and make about 31M over two years, 15.5 AAV with no big guarantee. So I do not see paying him 20M a year...makes zero sense for the team.
                          If Elway paid DT 14 mil a year, he better give Von what he wants, players like him dont grow on trees.

Comment

Working...
                          X