Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aqib Talib Reportedly Faces Potential Suspension for Super Bowl 50 Personal Foul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqib Talib Reportedly Faces Potential Suspension for Super Bowl 50 Personal Foul

Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib could reportedly be suspended for his facemask tackle on Carolina Panthers receiver Corey Brown during Super Bowl 50.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reported Tuesday the NFL will review the veteran defender's "intentional and blatant decision" to take Brown down by his facemask to prevent a touchdown for potential punishment heading into the 2016 season.

Doug Kyed of NESN passed along comments from Talib, who had two personal fouls called on him in the first half, following the game about the play in question, and he admitted it was a conscious decision:

It was all good. It was B.S. flags. One was on our sidelines—the guy was talking on our sideline. One I just did on purpose, and I just had to show him. It's probably going to be a fine, but hey, we're world champs.

He went on to talk about how the game situation played a role, per NESN: "My teammates knew what it was. He was on the 3-yard line. (With) a personal foul, he was on the one-and-a-half-yard line, so it is what it is."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-personal-foul
    I support Kaepernick 100%

Suspension would be silly. It's was a good call, but how do you suspend a guy for a fairly routine penalty...you can always guess about intent in any situation.

Comment

You could tell it was blatant and intentional when you saw it. He should have been tossed out of the game for it. If you spin a guy around and take a guy to the ground like that by his facemask, you could break his neck.

Most guys let go. Talib had bad intentions and he was taking him down by the facemask no matter what. It's exponentially worse than throwing a punch. I'm surprised a fight didn't happen after that.
      Last edited by Jim Mora; 02-09-2016, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
        Suspension would be silly. It's was a good call, but how do you suspend a guy for a fairly routine penalty...you can always guess about intent in any situation.
        He outright said it was on purpose and didn't feel like it was a big deal because we were only on the 3 yard line.
        sigpic

Comment

pretty stupid of him to come out and say it was intentional
          sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Will likely get 2 games and fine.
            Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
              You could tell it was blatant and intentional when you saw it. He should have been tossed out of the game for it. If you spin a guy around and take a guy to the ground like that by his facemask, you could break his neck.

Most guys let go. Talib had bad intentions and he was taking him down by the facemask no matter what. It's exponentially worse than throwing a punch. I'm surprised a fight didn't happen after that.
              If the steelers player didn't get suspended for teeing to spat someone in the top of the head which could cause serious damage to the spinal cord they shouldn't be able to suspend Talib for this.

Yes it was stupid and yes Talib needs to go because these are stupid penalties that could cost us. He is a good player but does stupid bone headed plays way to often

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post

How can you sit there and say,he shouldn't be suspended...He said,he did it on purpose.

This is the same guy that cost the team a win against the Colts earlier in the year,by poking someone in the eye.
                I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                  pretty stupid of him to come out and say it was intentional
                  Yup, that kinda attitude is going to make him and us more susceptible to flags. I would hate if penalties that could be questionable will end up going against us.
                  sigpic

Comment

I love his passion, sometimes he does cross that line though. His effect on opposing players is hard to measure from a psychological standpoint. He does get in their heads, too bad on the suspension.
                    [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sheenabobeena View Post
                      He outright said it was on purpose and didn't feel like it was a big deal because we were only on the 3 yard line.

this, admitting it was on purpose was one of the stupidest things he has done and he deserves to be suspended.

Comment

Originally posted by sheenabobeena View Post
                        Is there a rule that says admission of intent of a certain penalty is grounds for suspension? Admittedly, I don't know where face mask falls in this category...sometimes you see it for helmet to helmets.

If so, then there's no argument, but lots of penalties happen and I'm sure many can be interpreted as intentional...DBs who get beat routinely grab the WR to draw a flag instead of giving up a TD.

He was dumb for admitting it. Almost any call can be interpreted as accidental in the absence of a statement otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by LegionOfVonDoom View Post
                          this, admitting it was on purpose was one of the stupidest things he has done and he deserves to be suspended.
                          Even without him admitting it, you knew it was intentional when you saw it.

I wasn't even thinking of his history either. Remember when he came over and poked that guy in the eye? He's beyond dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
                            Even without him admitting it, you knew it was intentional when you saw it.

I wasn't even thinking of his history either. Remember when he came over and poked that guy in the eye? He's beyond dirty.
                            this is why he will be suspended. History.

Comment

Facemask penalties happens all the time. Some are accidental, and some are completely intentional.

And I've seen a helluva lot worse than what Talib did.

Talib is under Contract with the Broncos through 2019, and he's in the Top 5 of Cornerbacks in the NFL. If he gets a suspension, then so be it. We just signed a player (Derek Wolfe) to a Contract extension in the very season where HE served a 4 game suspension for violating the NFL Drug Policy.

Frankly, I'd like to see the Broncos give Talib enough of a raise to cover the fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X