Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aqib Talib Reportedly Faces Potential Suspension for Super Bowl 50 Personal Foul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I luv Talib but he has been known for some boneheaded errors of judgement. I'll be honest, the face mask looked pretty dangerous to me, and I was glad he didn't incur a stiffer penalty during the game.
    When I saw it I was truly concerned the refs might eject him on the spot. Seemed to me he was purposely sending a message and I love old school football when a play like that was how you intimidate a receiver but in today's ultra sensitive NFL you could easily get tossed. When all they did was announce the personal foul I breathed a sigh of relief. How different would the outcome have been if Talib and CHJ both weren't locking down the panther receivers so our rush could beat scam into the ground? When they asked Von about it on the NFL Network post game show, he just laughed it off and said something like, "ya, it was a 1 yard penalty so what?"

As far as Talib in general, I love his enthusiasm...and his postgame interview was hilarious so he's clearly a great asset in the locker room...but his Colt eye poke probably cost the team that win and that SB facemask nearly cost us again. Love the guy and his physical play but he was playing with fire and taking a huge risk of getting thrown out of the SB
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
      I may be in the minority, but I like it! I think it played a role in getting in their heads. Showed CAR that we didnt give a hoot and we're going to be physical, aggressive, and willing to cross that line to bring that trophy back to Denver.

When you show that to an opponent who's already starting to put their tail between their legs, it's a silent killer. Now the whole game, that play is on every Panther has that play on their mind and is on the sideline yapping about it because they felt Talib should've been ejected and wasn't. Mental midgets we made them.

We showed them who were the Alpha Males.
      I disagree. The last thing you want to do is make a team angry. All that can do is make the other team angry and take one player out of the game with an injury. There is a difference between being more physically dominant and taking a cheap facemask trying to rip a guy's head off.

If I was a Panther, I would have been severely PO'd. t would have lit a fire in me if the opponent did that to my teammate. So honestly, I think that kind of dirty play can easily backfire. But Carolina didn't show up. So it didn't matter.

Von is the man that intimidated. Talib strikes me as a talented guy but is weak mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
        I disagree. The last thing you want to do is make a team angry. All that can do is make the other team angry and take one player out of the game with an injury. There is a difference between being more physically dominant and taking a cheap facemask trying to rip a guy's head off.

If I was a Panther, I would have been severely PO'd. t would have lit a fire in me if the opponent did that to my teammate. So honestly, I think that kind of dirty play can easily backfire. But Carolina didn't show up. So it didn't matter.

Von is the man that intimidated. Talib strikes me as a talented guy but is weak mentally.
        That's the thing. They were already reeling. So Talibs face mask call, was a display of dominance. Showing "that we can do whatever we want to you punks and there's nothing you can do about it". Alpha male punking the lesser male. He might as well mounted him also like the hippos do!
        #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
          Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib could reportedly be suspended for his facemask tackle on Carolina Panthers receiver Corey Brown during Super Bowl 50.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reported Tuesday the NFL will review the veteran defender's "intentional and blatant decision" to take Brown down by his facemask to prevent a touchdown for potential punishment heading into the 2016 season.

Doug Kyed of NESN passed along comments from Talib, who had two personal fouls called on him in the first half, following the game about the play in question, and he admitted it was a conscious decision:

It was all good. It was B.S. flags. One was on our sidelines—the guy was talking on our sideline. One I just did on purpose, and I just had to show him. It's probably going to be a fine, but hey, we're world champs.

He went on to talk about how the game situation played a role, per NESN: "My teammates knew what it was. He was on the 3-yard line. (With) a personal foul, he was on the one-and-a-half-yard line, so it is what it is."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-personal-foul
          I would like to see a NFL rule change that for situations like this and make it an automatic TD. It's a complete jerk move and the problem with the way it is now, is it's actually a "smart" play to face mask. The rules of the game should prevent this. Sooner or later a player is going to break their neck and then the NFL will change it once someone gets seriously hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            I have no problem with what he does just like I have no problem with TJ Ward flying in and superman punching the Chiefs player. I'll take a suspension and penalty if other teams are getting intimidated. With the way those guys play an extra bye week or two probably helps them more than it hurts.

Defense is all about raw emotion, and when you can harness it, you see the type of dominance everyone just witnessed in the playoffs. Yeah they might go overboard with it sometimes but will 1 penalty decide an outcome? Probably not.

Vontaze Burfict is considered dirty, but he's also one of the best LBs in the NFL. A lot of dirty defenders are generally very good players. Malik Jackson, TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, hell even Von got a few late hits in on QBs
            ^^^^^^ This. We need more players like Talib to set the tone. Players like Talib eat softies like D. Thomas for lunch.

However, I'm sure he will get suspended especially after his comments.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
              That's the thing. They were already reeling. So Talibs face mask call, was a display of dominance. Showing "that we can do whatever we want to you punks and there's nothing you can do about it". Alpha male punking the lesser male. He might as well mounted him also like the hippos do!
              I don't think it's a display of dominance as far as dominating on the field. It's like the guy you played against in basketball that pinches you or hits you in the nuts on purpose. It can really only make the opponent angry and more motivated.

Like I said, Von showed the dominance.

Comment

I don't think it's a display of dominance as far as dominating on the field. It's like the guy you played against in basketball that pinches you or hits you in the nuts on purpose. It can really only make the opponent angry and more motivated.

Like I said, Von showed the dominance.
                No, not in this case. It wasn't just about the game. It was about pure male dominance. And when you have someone's tail curled up, you know it. And you aggressively assert that force. Just to let him know. That's why he said my teammates know what that was about. That was one man dominating another man. That was something beyond the field. Talib made him his boy on that play. And they we all shook after that. The only one who had fight on that whole offense was Ginn.
                #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by noflyzone23 View Post
                  He's dirty and dumb...pretty bad combination. Romo was at least dirty and smart. The eye poke, admitting he was trying to take the guy out, dumb personal fouls on 3rd down that could of prevented a score in the super bowl. We got Roby..He's younger, almost as talented, and doesn't make dumb mistakes. Malik and Ward have made some "dirty" plays but nothing really stupid (mainly aggressive smart plays that set the tone of the game)..Von has smartened up now that Ware is mentoring him. Talib is a liability and I have no doubt that he will do something really dumb (either on the field or off) soon. Just saw him in the parade dancing around with a 40 in his hand and it just worries me.
                  The taunting call was bogus, absolutely bogus. Players jaw at each other all the time and it's never called. There was worse jawing that went on after that, that wasn't called. The eye poke was stupid and uncalled for but you're fooling yourself if you think that's what cost us that game. Ward flying in and punching someone isn't a smart play, it's way worse than Talib poking someone's eye IMO.

Yes Roby may be just as good but getting rid of Talib means Webster, Doss, or Nixon has to step up. Plus numerous players have already come out and said that they feed off his energy. Not to mention that Talib pick sixes damn near every INT he gets.

Comment

Probably none have. But he should have been tossed. And I would have said that if Kueckly did that to Peyton.
                    I would see it happening if it was done to a premier qb, but not anyone else. I think the player gets thrown out in that situation only if the player he committed the foul against gets carted off.
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

Comment

I would be piss had we lost the game...... but we won. If we are going to be upset at that, then I guess we should be mad at Elway and them for (as our division rivals will say) cheating to get us the 2 first Superbowl.

We Won, Who cares if he get suspended, its not like we don't have Brady Roby or Chris Harris on our team, Lets move on and Enjoy the Win.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtDiver View Post
                        ^^^^^^ This. We need more players like Talib to set the tone. Players like Talib eat softies like D. Thomas for lunch.

However, I'm sure he will get suspended especially after his comments.
                        Elway set the tone when he brought in this group of players, Ward, Talib, Wolfe, Jackson...These guys eat raw meat! Now infuse that with the spawn of Bum Phillips and we have a lethal cocktail.

They make it clear that someone is going to get hurt and they don't much give a damn who. I believe Elway eloquently stated it as "a team that goes out kicking and screaming" These guys do a lot of kicking and very little screaming. I'm pretty sure when we signed them someone knew they were not warm fuzzy types.

Nasty mean defenses win championships.
                        [sigpic

Comment

Here's the thing. Talib was getting picked on pretty bad up to that point, I don't recall to many times they went after him after that. I think he sent a pretty clear message.
                          sigpic

Comment

Tor on this one, While he very well does deserve it imo cause he could've injured the guy and that was blatant, dirty and ridiculous imo. I don't recall anyone being suspended for facemask before.
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              Here's the thing. Talib was getting picked on pretty bad up to that point, I don't recall to many times they went after him after that. I think he sent a pretty clear message.
                              I didn't notice that Talib was getting picked on before the facemask.

I just don't think cheap shots really do that much to intimidate. I'm going back to the time when I played basketball. Like I said, it reminds me of the guys that will pinch you, hit you in the balls when the ref isn't looking. It really only made me want to beat them more.

If you noticed, the Panthers punched it in for a touchdown right after. I really doubt that it helped you guys.

Like I said, Von is intimidating, not Talib with the facemask, eye pokes etc. He comes across as a whiny, dirty player with a screw loose in his head that you just want to beat. He is a talented specimen, but I would be motivated to go up against him. He's that type.

I never played football. But in basketball, the out of control cheap shot guy never intimidated me. It motivated me.

The guy that can shut you down defensively, the guy that dominates the glass getting rebounds and the guy scoring at will on you is the intimidator.

I played basketball with some talented screwballs. Talib reminds me so much of them with his antics.
                              Last edited by Jim Mora; 02-10-2016, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X