No announcement yet.

Sources: The Broncos are Negotiating Contract Extension with QB Brock Osweiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope we keep Oz. IMO he just needs more experience so that the game slows down for him and he can make quicker decisions.

Oz has real potential to be a franchise qb.

Ideally we would know more about him at this point in his career but it is what it is
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      I really hope we keep Oz. IMO he just needs more experience so that the game slows down for him and he can make quicker decisions.

Oz has real potential to be a franchise qb.

Ideally we would know more about him at this point in his career but it is what it is
      It is a bit of an odd situation. On the one hand if we signed Oz to a mid sized deal and we had not seem him play we'd be going crazy. Pounding on the table asking how or why we'd do such a thing. Now we are in a truly rough spot. Brock played well enough to likely get enough interest from enough other teams for us to truly think of overpaying him.

So I'd argue that we know plenty about him and we likely knew plenty about him...the bad thing is that now others do as well.

Comment

Quarterback Salary's :

http://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

I ask myself going by the average cost, is Brock worth as much as Alex Smith ? Dalton ? Romo ? I pick him over them.

As I said before, Did he have complete control in the 6 games he played? Or was the plan, don't turn it over, no mistakes, let the defense win the game ? The Team knows, Elway drafted this guy, he studied for 4 years with one of the best in the NFL. Does he deserve Joe Flacco type money ?

If he can run this offence, be a true Franchise quarterback, I pay him. Then lets get Von locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz View Post
          Quarterback Salary's :

I ask myself going by the average cost, is Brock worth as much as Alex Smith ? Dalton ? Romo ? I pick him over them.

As I said before, Did he have complete control in the 6 games he played? Or was the plan, don't turn it over, no mistakes, let the defense win the game ? The Team knows, Elway drafted this guy, he studied for 4 years with one of the best in the NFL. Does he deserve Joe Flacco type money ?

If he can run this offence, be a true Franchise quarterback, I pay him. Then lets get Von locked up.
          I mean that's the thing...people are saying they want to pay him 7-8 million...So you are advocating paying him what some rookies still on their rookie contract make? You look at the guys between the 12 and 20 million range you have guys like Foles, Bradford, Dalton, Palmer, Manning, Smith, Romo, Cutler, Kaepernick, Tannehill......I'd take Brock over all of those guys minus Dalton. I hope they don't pay him in the 15-20 million range, but at the same time, I think he'll end up being better for us than any of the other players on that list.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz View Post
            Quarterback Salary's :

So here it is, paid as a top 15 quarterback. Received more Guarantee money than Ben, Phillip, Eli, Wilson. Is he worth Tom Brady Money ? ..Franchise Quarterback ? time will tell.

Hope this was part of plan A.

Comment

Working...
            X