Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Peyton to announce retirement next week per Woody Paige -- Rumor

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
    Right...no need in even allowing him to take a physical for us if we know we're not bringing him back regardless of what he wants.
    Well they could fail him for anything, even if he shows up healthy. I guess Manning could make the league arbitrate his health, but thats a whole new level of dragging stuff through the mud.
    sigpic

    Hooray, beer!

    Comment


    • #77
      Peyton is going to force us to cut him just so we surrender our rights. If he retires and wants to play, we would still hold his rights and I don't think that would sit well with him. Knowing he is not going to play here, he could just ask for his release to take more time to mull his decision.
      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        Well they could fail him for anything, even if he shows up healthy. I guess Manning could make the league arbitrate his health, but thats a whole new level of dragging stuff through the mud.
        I really doubt that would happen. IMO Elway will give PFM the time he can in order to make his decision on retirement and announce it in the way he wants. But if Elway runs out of time beforehand, PFM will be released. I also think if he wanted his outright release, all he would have to do is ask. I think the decision has already been made on the Broncos end, but they are trying to do what they can to treat PFM with as much respect as they can while they can.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

        Comment


        • #79
          http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...o-keep-playing
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #80
            Really must want the bloody wins record.


            This is going to be fun.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
              Really must want the bloody wins record.


              This is going to be fun.
              Actually, I think it's going to be more sad than fun. I really hope he doesn't do this to himself. Go out as a 2x SB champ, not as some shell of himself. Oh well, his choice though.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

              Comment


              • #82
                The people who accuse him of stat padding will have more fuel

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
                  Really must want the bloody wins record.


                  This is going to be fun.
                  That and the total pass completions record (needs 175 more) Several quarterbacks have continued playing past age 40, including favre who retired at 41.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                    The people who accuse him of stat padding will have more fuel
                    I mean really though, is there much other reason to come back? It was blatantly obvious that he doesn't have enough in the tank for another 16 game season + Playoffs, the only reason he was even partially competent in the playoffs (And that's being incredibly generous to him) was because he sat out 7 games.

                    He should be walking away a champ and call it a career. If he comes back, it won't be on this team and it won't be for a Superbowl contender so the only reason to come back is to try and further pad those stats.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      I mean really though, is there much other reason to come back? It was blatantly obvious that he doesn't have enough in the tank for another 16 game season + Playoffs, the only reason he was even partially competent in the playoffs (And that's being incredibly generous to him) was because he sat out 7 games.

                      He should be walking away a champ and call it a career. If he comes back, it won't be on this team and it won't be for a Superbowl contender so the only reason to come back is to try and further pad those stats.
                      I agree. He has earned the right to go out the way he wants it but he needs to know how far his right can go.

                      Walk away Peyton, walk away. This is as high as it is going to get for you, the mountain top even though it may be a rocky top. It is only one way from here, down.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        I think he retires but if he does come back its because he loves the game, nothing more. I'm a big PM fan but its clear he is done and has been at least 18 months.

                        Who in their right mind would sign him for a season ? He's done. Even with QB needy teams like LA, Cleveland and SF I just don't see what he brings at this point in his career.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I don't blame Peyton for wanting to come back. I don't think this is just to collect more stats. He really loves the game and wants to play more. That's his choice until he finds no takers. He's not ready to leave. He'll just have to find another team. Elway is going to cut Peyton no later than March 8.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                            I think he retires but if he does come back its because he loves the game, nothing more. I'm a big PM fan but its clear he is done and has been at least 18 months.

                            Who in their right mind would sign him for a season ? He's done. Even with QB needy teams like LA, Cleveland and SF I just don't see what he brings at this point in his career.
                            I can't see it either. Besides, if he gets cut and goes and plays for another team for (say) $10 mil., everyone will have their what ifs, he has to be prepared for that. Not that he cares about it, but questions will be asked during the season. Now, he has no NFL obligations and can sit back and take his time with his decision.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              I don't care what Manning does, retire or not it makes no difference to me. As long as he's not in Denver I don't really care.
                              I will wish him well but, will be relieved to see him go.

                              Was it a fun ride? Yes but, the cart has squeaky wheels and can barely make it up the hill anymore.
                              The cart needed a whole team of mechanics to push it over the top.

                              The idea anyone on this forum is stating otherwise is one of the biggest reasons I will be glad to see Manning gone.

                              It can be difficult to like someone who has fans who are so unwilling to accept the facts about his decline. And it is tough to like a man who has fans that make almost every thread about him.That may not be fair to Manning but, it's an unfortunate reality.

                              Manning is like the last days of Disco, you have those refusing to admit it's so over but, the majority of us are ready to make a bonfire of the albums.. Lol

                              Actually I think if Manning does try to play for another team there is a big plus side to that... Manning worshippers will follow him to the new team. If he retires some of them may actually stick around for awhile because they will have nowhere to go. Lol

                              In all seriousness though, if those fans who started to love Denver because of Manning and will stick around because they actually fell in love with the Broncos.. Terrific!! Welcome aboard. I'm only referring to those who have no real interest in Denver but, Manning.. Just wanted to be clear on that.
                              Last edited by KansasKrista; 03-01-2016, 02:21 PM.
                              My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Call it a career Peyton....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X