No announcement yet.

Report: Peyton to announce retirement next week per Woody Paige -- Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is he hasn't played football in a month and his body is starting to feel good again. So in his mind, with how his body feels now he believes he can play another year or two. It's a trick that hits a lot of players at this stage in their careers.

The interesting thing is he's allegedly knocked down two teams that would seemingly be ideal for him should he want to play another year in L.A. and Houston. So I'm not entirely sure what he thinks the market is right now.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by paycheckeffort View Post
      That and the total pass completions record (needs 175 more) Several quarterbacks have continued playing past age 40, including favre who retired at 41.
      I know, but it rarely ends well. I didn't know that there was another record than the wins one though. I can see the wins happening, I'm not sure about the one you mentioned.

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
      Actually, I think it's going to be more sad than fun. I really hope he doesn't do this to himself. Go out as a 2x SB champ, not as some shell of himself. Oh well, his choice though.
      I forgot my sarcasm smiley! I totally agree with you. I really see no rational reason not to go out on top!
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe he said he still wants to play because he feels as though he's still capable with a good O-Line, and the SB didn't feel like a win to him because of how poor the offensive production was (for many reasons). Kinda like how a boxer might feel if they won on a disqualification. May not be the way he wants to end his career if feeling he can still play, and benefit a team.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          3 days from the physical.
          The Broncos won't allow him to take that physical. No need to go through potential hassles of him claiming that his neck is fine (this physical is only on his neck) and then it potentially dragging out. Just let him know that if he doesn't have a decision before the physical ate, he will be released.

I was pretty sure that the language of the contract was so that if he passes the physical then his salary becomes guaranteed.

Comment

Bleacher Report says Manning wants to play however options are sparse...

Comment

Originally posted by paycheckeffort View Post
              Maybe he said he still wants to play because he feels as though he's still capable with a good O-Line, and the SB didn't feel like a win to him because of how poor the offensive production was (for many reasons). Kinda like how a boxer might feel if they won on a disqualification. May not be the way he wants to end his career if feeling he can still play, and benefit a team.
              I kinda see your point. If I had the worst season of my career I'd probably wanna be better the next season . I don't think he can get worse tbh

Comment

Working...
              X