Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos tag Von Miller

Per Rapoport

"#Broncos are poised to push for a mega long-term extension for Von Miller, sources say. They've had talks & there's optimism it gets done"

"If #Broncos can strike a deal for SB MVP Von Miller, now feasible, it opens up all options for Brock Osweiler. Hope is a long-term deal"
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Per Rapoport

"#Broncos are poised to push for a mega long-term extension for Von Miller, sources say. They've had talks & there's optimism it gets done"

"If #Broncos can strike a deal for SB MVP Von Miller, now feasible, it opens up all options for Brock Osweiler. Hope is a long-term deal"
    I don't see how it opens up options for Brock...No way we franchise tag Brock... If we are going to keep Brock, we need to work out a contract with him now.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      I don't see how it opens up options for Brock...No way we franchise tag Brock... If we are going to keep Brock, we need to work out a contract with him now.
      It creates leverage. I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of tagging him.

Comment

What if we strike a long tern deal fir Von and franchise Jackson? What would the cap hit be for him on thr tag?

Comment

Hopefully we lock up Miller soon. Get it done Elway, we trust you. Tagging Jackson might be the best option if Miller gets his extention.

Comment

Dont franchise Brock, franchise Malik Jackson!!!
            Denver Broncos
            New York Yankees
            New York Knicks
            Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know what the franchise tag would cost if placed it on Malik Jackson???

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                It creates leverage. I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of tagging him.
                Tagging him would tell him and his agent that he is a FQB. Which then Becomes an ego enhancer.

IMO it would be dumb to do he is not worth 18 mil a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  Does anyone know what the franchise tag would cost if placed it on Malik Jackson???
                  I believe DE Franchise Tag is around 15 million
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                    I believe DE Franchise Tag is around 15 million
                    no offense but I do not believe that is accurate. Maybe for a defensive tackle but Malik Jackson is a 3-4 defensive end so we need to figure out what the franchise tag for a 3-4 defensive end would be.

I believe the plan would be signed von Miller franchise Malik Jackson if it is under 12 million draft a tackle this year and grooming for Jackson's replacement next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                      Tagging him would tell him and his agent that he is a FQB. Which then Becomes an ego enhancer.

IMO it would be dumb to do he is not worth 18 mil a year.
                      It would become essentially a 1 year prove it deal, albeit a tad on the expensive side. I hardly see it as an "ego enhancer". Brock is still a relative unknown. Even if we are on the hook for 18m, it's better than a deal like Foles who flopped. It's not an ideal situation, but there hardly ever are in the NFL.

Comment

I think a deal getting done for Miller instead of a tag means that Elway has to cut Clady, Ware and the inevitable cut/retire of manning. This gives denver close to 40 mil to play with. Von is sure to get 20+ mil a year for the at least 5 years. With Brock wanting probably 10+ mil a year, that doesn't leave much to get the rest of the guys back. Draft is going to be critical this year. First time in a while Denver might be looking for first year starters.

Comment

Von and Elway are smart. They know what's in the best interest of the Broncos...

1- can't win SB and have MVP "holding out" and not showing up at offseason stuff.

2- a deal will obviously be worked out eventually... So, dEN will guarantee a little more and Miller will take a little less.

3- this allows DEN to tag Malik

4- with both Malik and Von here, the mantra is: REPEAT. This might motivate guys like ware and Bruton to take less to stay.

-----

Tag Malik. And, either get him to sign for about 11 per or let him walk and get a 1st round pick (and draft his replacement). Why lose Malik for nothing? And, maybe after eating tagged... He decides to take a little less to get his big deal (or he plays here for 1 more year).

Then we turn to BO and get him for 3/36... First 2 years guaranteed.

Finally, we make necessary cuts and re-negotiate where we can. Try to keep Beuton and sign a free agent OT. Draft Cody Whitehair in the first round.

Defense keep intact, OL addressed, QB stays... Continuity ensures we maintain the locker room chemistry and leadership.

Time to repeat!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                            Von and Elway are smart. They know what's in the best interest of the Broncos...

1- can't win SB and have MVP "holding out" and not showing up at offseason stuff.

2- a deal will obviously be worked out eventually... So, dEN will guarantee a little more and Miller will take a little less.

3- this allows DEN to tag Malik

4- with both Malik and Von here, the mantra is: REPEAT. This might motivate guys like ware and Bruton to take less to stay.

-----

Tag Malik. And, either get him to sign for about 11 per or let him walk and get a 1st round pick (and draft his replacement). Why lose Malik for nothing? And, maybe after eating tagged... He decides to take a little less to get his big deal (or he plays here for 1 more year).

Then we turn to BO and get him for 3/36... First 2 years guaranteed.

Finally, we make necessary cuts and re-negotiate where we can. Try to keep Beuton and sign a free agent OT. Draft Cody Whitehair in the first round.

Defense keep intact, OL addressed, QB stays... Continuity ensures we maintain the locker room chemistry and leadership.

Time to repeat!!!!
                            I've heard speculation that Malik was eager to hit FA, and it will be interesting to see if he takes what on the plate in front of him. If it's a fair offer, I've heard north of 10m, why risk an injury or a bad season that drops your value.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              no offense but I do not believe that is accurate. Maybe for a defensive tackle but Malik Jackson is a 3-4 defensive end so we need to figure out what the franchise tag for a 3-4 defensive end would be.

I believe the plan would be signed von Miller franchise Malik Jackson if it is under 12 million draft a tackle this year and grooming for Jackson's replacement next year.
                              I don't think they account for scheme which is why 4-3 outside linebackers don't get tagged because your pass rising 3-4 outside linebackers get paid so much.

So the opposite would be true for de. The higher paid 4-3 de brings the cost up for 3-4 de because they only look at position not scheme.

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X