Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos tag Von Miller

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    no offense but I do not believe that is accurate. Maybe for a defensive tackle but Malik Jackson is a 3-4 defensive end so we need to figure out what the franchise tag for a 3-4 defensive end would be.

    I believe the plan would be signed von Miller franchise Malik Jackson if it is under 12 million draft a tackle this year and grooming for Jackson's replacement next year.
    There is no "scheme" designation when it comes to Franchise Tags, it's broken down simply by position and according to CBS Sports, the Tag for a Defensive End is around 15 million
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
      There is no "scheme" designation when it comes to Franchise Tags, it's broken down simply by position and according to CBS Sports, the Tag for a Defensive End is around 15 million
      Wow so they are all over valued and that is way too much!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        Wow so they are all over valued and that is way too much!
        Completely agree! then again ... what sports player is not overvalued and paid way to much. It's the nature of the beast I guess!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          Wow so they are all over valued and that is way too much!
          The 2016 Tag for a Defensive End is $15,494,000.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
            The 2016 Tag for a Defensive End is $15,494,000.
            With Jackson reportedly wanting $12 Mil a year in a multi year deal and the Broncos reportedly offering a little more than $10 Mil a year, Id without hesitation pay that roughly $15.5 Mil to Jackson for one year prove it deal.
            Denver Broncos
            New York Yankees
            New York Knicks
            Colorado Avalanche


            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
              With Jackson reportedly wanting $12 Mil a year in a multi year deal and the Broncos reportedly offering a little more than $10 Mil a year, Id without hesitation pay that roughly $15.5 Mil to Jackson for one year prove it deal.
              What does Jackson need to prove? He flashed in 2012 as a rookie 5th rounder. Played very well at times in 2013, though consistency was an issue. 2014 and 2015 he played great. Saw steps forward each year. That said, he isn't worth 15 million a year to the Broncos. Tagging Jackson really isn't a viable option unless they have a trade partner worked out beforehand.
              Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

              Comment


              • #22
                Malik had 8 starts in his first 3 years ... our base defense was 4-3, finally in 2015 he became a regular starter, has NO pro-bowl/all pro honors and wants to be the 2nd highest paid 34 DE in the league ... not likely here. If we keep him at whatever price, great but it doesn't look good.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  A "mega long term" contract for Von would be great for the Broncos depending on guaranteed money. The more money guaranteed the higher the risk for the Broncos when considering injury.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                    With Jackson reportedly wanting $12 Mil a year in a multi year deal and the Broncos reportedly offering a little more than $10 Mil a year, Id without hesitation pay that roughly $15.5 Mil to Jackson for one year prove it deal.
                    There are conflicting reports though because there are reports saying that Malik wants 5 years $75 Mil
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      There are conflicting reports though because there are reports saying that Malik wants 5 years $75 Mil
                      Got to love the post season.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        So hypothetically speaking. Say Von gets this ultra mondo, superman deal and we tag Malik.. Does that spell goodbye to Brock?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          For some reason I thought Von would take a slight discount but it doesn't appear that's going to happen. Lol

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Come on Elway, throw in some chickens and a rooster or two to sweeten the deal.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                              Come on Elway, throw in some chickens and a rooster or two to sweeten the deal.

                              Maybe a mega Chicken!!!!

                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                                For some reason I thought Von would take a slight discount but it doesn't appear that's going to happen. Lol
                                And what makes you say that? There have been zero reports on what the numbers are.
                                Plus, without Von Miller there's a good chance we don't get to the Super Bowl. Pay the man.
                                Last edited by VenomousDB; 02-25-2016, 01:05 PM.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X