No announcement yet.

Broncos tag Von Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this salary cap era, the question is: can we get to another Super Bowl after paying Von Miller a mega-ultra-blockbuster deal? I hope so.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
      Dont franchise Brock, franchise Malik Jackson!!!
      I thought there were a lot of high ranked DE's to be drafted this year?

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        Maybe a mega Chicken!!!!

Lol, gotta spread it but I'll agree with Von, roosters are dope. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
          And what makes you say that? There have been zero reports on what the numbers are.
          Plus, without Von Miller there's a good chance we don't get to the Super Bowl. Pay the man.
          Nothing says or told me he would. It's just me thinking he would take a couple million less a year to keep his buddies in Denver. I realizes the odds are slim but I just thought he might.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            It would become essentially a 1 year prove it deal, albeit a tad on the expensive side. I hardly see it as an "ego enhancer". Brock is still a relative unknown. Even if we are on the hook for 18m, it's better than a deal like Foles who flopped. It's not an ideal situation, but there hardly ever are in the NFL.
            The franchise tag is for players that are franchise players you can not live without.

I heard on NFLN the other day some clown calling in suggesting just that tag him.

GIl B the father of all great GMs HCs and scouts gave my thoughts as his answer.

Once a player has been tagged ego kicks in.

Even more important is a player can only be tagged twice max in his career. So wasting one this early in his career would be stupid.

There is NO ONE in the NFL that believes he has had a big enough sample of work to make it TAG worthy
            Now if some bottom feeder wants to raise the stakes they will probably let him walk.

So getting him signed before the first is a priority. If that does not happen it is probably adios Broncos.

Comment

LOL at tagging Brock. It's like 18-20 mil and we're thin on cap space before some deals are re-done.

Would be good to get Von done with.

FWIW on Malik, they've been in talks for awhile, and he wants to stay supposedly.

No idea how we could get Brock, Malik and Von signed before FA though.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                It creates leverage. I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of tagging him.
                Elway would eat his hat before he tags BO.

I can't see in any reality that any contending team with playoff aspirations would pay BO 19+ mil a year.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Miller will likely retire in Denver we should consider our selves lucky not very often do you get generational talent on your team.
                  sigpic

Comment

Pay the man!

Von deserves every penny and then some.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      In this salary cap era, the question is: can we get to another Super Bowl after paying Von Miller a mega-ultra-blockbuster deal? I hope so.
                      That is a valid point.

Would really hope Von has the kind of vision Brady does and takes a good payday but does not break the record for def players.

He was the MVP in the playoffs for us and imo he really has all the leverage.

As popular as Von is to Bronco fans...and football fans....if he takes a hometown discount imo his popularity will reach even higher levels.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Have to keep Von bc of his age and potential... But highest paid defensive player for a guy with 35 tackles, 11 sacks, 4 FF, and 0 INT in the regular season last year?
                        Last edited by fraguela09; 03-01-2016, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                          Have to keep Von bc of his age and potential... But highest paid defensive player for a guy with 35 tackles, 11 sacks, 4 FF, and 0 INT in the regular season last year?
                          I have already gone on record saying 17.5M would be my line in the sand. 3 years tagged is 51M over three years or 17M per year. 20M per year would just be foolish and there is no reason to give him that. How many sacks does VM get without the no fly zone? How many sacks does he get if constantly double teamed (and he was not doubled all that much in the SB)?

I have nothing against a guy trying to maximize his earnings until it becomes detrimental to team success. Von can say he wants to be a Broncos for life and play with all the guys he has talked about, but those guys won't all be here unless we can keep the cap in order.
                          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Like Schlereth just said: Houston had a much better season (his contract year) and check out his cap hit; JJ Watt is double and triple teamed and played with injuries and had double Von's stats (check out his cap hit).

The no-fly zone helped Von get to Brady... CAR RT was released 4 times... A terrible OT... So, there's logic behind why Von went off those last 2 games.

Also, if I may add, for those who felt Von had greatest defensive SB performance ever... He wasn't even the most dominant guy in that game (Ealy was).

Like you said... 16-18 AAV is max... If Von wants to be a Bronco and a leader... Leave something on the table for other's to eat.

Comment

Von miller tagged according to rappaport.
                              http://m.bleacherreport.com/

Comment

Broncos tag Von Miller

Just got the message that Von has been tagged. Hopefully, they get a long term deal worked out with him. This should free them up to talk more to Brock and Malik as well as others.

Comment

Working...
                                X