Broncos tag Von Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@CameronWolfe 9m9 minutes ago
    #Broncos have officially placed the exclusive franchise tag on OLB Von Miller. He will be a Bronco in 2016. They'll still talk long term.
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      Like Schlereth just said: Houston had a much better season (his contract year) and check out his cap hit; JJ Watt is double and triple teamed and played with injuries and had double Von's stats (check out his cap hit).

The no-fly zone helped Von get to Brady... CAR RT was released 4 times... A terrible OT... So, there's logic behind why Von went off those last 2 games.

Also, if I may add, for those who felt Von had greatest defensive SB performance ever... He wasn't even the most dominant guy in that game (Ealy was).

Like you said... 16-18 AAV is max... If Von wants to be a Bronco and a leader... Leave something on the table for other's to eat.
      I beg to differ. Miller had more impact on the game and the outcome of the game. Ealy looked good because our O-line is so bad.

Comment

No surprise here. Elway has been good at getting a long-term contract to those he has tagged.

Comment

Be surprised if Brock is not back but Malik is gone. He will be a loss but we offered him 12 and he still wants more so just let him hit the market and play for a bottom feeder

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
            No surprise here. Elway has been good at getting a long-term contract to those he has tagged.
            Agreed nothing surprising at all. Elway has done a tremendous job putting a team together. I have no doubt he will do his best to keep players on the roster that need to be and also not overpay for them.

Comment

Had to do it.

Hope we get a long term deal done sooner then what we have seen in the past.

The exclusive tag means is at a higher price than the traditional franchise tag. It means that no other team can even try to sign Miller away. Miller will either make 120% of the linebacker's franchise tag or the average of the top five players at his position, whichever number is higher. 120% of the franchise tag is $16.92 million, so Miller will be well compensated whether he signs a long-term deal or not. Miller is the first non-quarterback to get the first exclusive tag since 2007 when Richard Seymour did with the Raiders.
              17m is a lot of chickens!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-lb-von-miller
              Last edited by Hadez; 03-01-2016, 09:50 AM.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I was hoping that they could get something done quicker but I think this is a good sign. Elway is showing Von that he is valued by the organization so the two sides can negotiate in good faith to get a deal done.
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                  I was hoping that they could get something done quicker but I think this is a good sign. Elway is showing Von that he is valued by the organization so the two sides can negotiate in good faith to get a deal done.
                  I agree. Now my question here is by tagging him is the salary now locked in for next year or if they sign a long-term deal does that salary get "moved" around as it pertains to the cap?

Comment

Originally posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
                    I beg to differ. Miller had more impact on the game and the outcome of the game. Ealy looked good because our O-line is so bad.
                    Are you serious? Ealy had 3 sacks (maybe 3.5), and INT, FF, and a fumble recovery. Their OTs just as pathetic as ours... We're splitting hairs here... But if CAR marched down field and win game 17-16... Ealy is MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                      I agree. Now my question here is by tagging him is the salary now locked in for next year or if they sign a long-term deal does that salary get "moved" around as it pertains to the cap?
                      I'd guess he'd have a lower number if a deal gets done.

We have 87 mil in cap room next year so i could see a low number this year with a higher number next year to fill some holes once moves are made ie (Peyton, Clady, Ware, Colquitt, Vazquez) are the names to look at.

Comment

Miller is apparently looking to get 65 to 70 mil. Guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by CDUB1620 View Post
                          Miller is apparently looking to get 65 to 70 mil. Guaranteed.
                          Then just tag him next year too, or trade him. No defensive player is worth the 20M AAV & 65M guaranteed he is looking for.
                          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                            Then just tag him next year too, or trade him. No defensive player is worth the 20M AAV & 65M guaranteed he is looking for.
                            It's probably another rumor though.

Comment

Originally posted by CDUB1620 View Post
                              It's probably another rumor though.
                              Miller has already said he wants to be highest paid defensive player and those number are what it takes to exceed Suh. I like the 2 yr 31M deal we get with a couple tags...Miller will be 29 then and we can see if a 3rd tag at around 22M is worth it.

Anything over 17.5M makes ZERO sense for the Broncos as that is about the cost to tag him 3 years, which also does not come with the health risk.
                              Last edited by MHSalute; 03-01-2016, 03:43 PM.
                              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

CBS' Jason La Canfora has "heard" Broncos franchise player Von Miller is seeking $65-$70 million guaranteed in a long-term deal.
                                In other words, the 27-year-old (this month) Super Bowl MVP wants to be the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history. Ndamukong Suh got $60 million guaranteed last offseason. It's an understandable ask from Miller, who has 60 sacks across 72 career games and personally wrecked Tom Brady and Cam Newton in the postseason. With Miller's demands so momentous, it's possible the Broncos forego a long-term deal and let him play out 2016 under the franchise tag.

(Rotoworld)

Comment

Working...
                                X