Broncos tag Von Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post

Franchised players usually sit out of training camp because they don't want to risk getting injured. They're going to be annoyed about not having a deal, and that means they'll be venting to other players about it. The press are also going to be talking about it constantly, especially with a player as high-profile as Von. It's a huge distraction.

Since we don't know what is on the table, then it is hard to know what he is saying no to; however, knowing Elway, I can't fathom the deal being less than Houston deal. That deal had 32M in guarantee...that amount by itself would = security. It also pays out 65M over the 1st 3 years of the contract. Offering anything above those number is Elway doing VM a solid. If Miller wants more, he is putting Denver in a bad position and makes a 2 year 31M double franchise tag ultra appealing.

This is on VM, franchise tag for better or worse is a part of the CBA and affects the true cost of guys like VM. 17M AAV (more than Houston) and 50M guaranteed is where the line should be drawn.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
      Since we don't know what is on the table, then it is hard to know what he is saying no to; however, knowing Elway, I can't fathom the deal being less than Houston deal. That deal had 32M in guarantee...that amount by itself would = security. It also pays out 65M over the 1st 3 years of the contract. Offering anything above those number is Elway doing VM a solid. If Miller wants more, he is putting Denver in a bad position and makes a 2 year 31M double franchise tag ultra appealing.

This is on VM, franchise tag for better or worse is a part of the CBA and affects the true cost of guys like VM. 17M AAV (more than Houston) and 50M guaranteed is where the line should be drawn.
      Couldn't agree more.

Wanting to be paid as much or more than Suh is pure ego on his part. Probably doesn't help that he has a self-serving agent constantly stoking the fires of that ego.

That's why I'm hoping he cools off between now and July 15th.

Comment

I think eventually Denver gets long term deal done with Miller, he will likey retire as Bronco or play majority of his prime years here. It's hard to let generational talent go no matter how much money he wants.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X