Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources: The Denver Broncos Have Made A Substantial Contract Offer To Brock Osweiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    You like Fitz as an option?
    I would absolutely take fitz. He would be better than what we had last year and if our defense remains elite, we should be a deep playoff contender again.

Comment

• I would let Brock go, pick up RG3. How bad can he be? We had the worst QB play for us last year Manning(not career wise of course) 18 ints, I don't think RG3 can be that bad, all he has to do is game manage with the defense we got

Comment

• I'm okay with this development. We just don't have enough to go on yet and sure, it's entirely possible he turns into a franchise quarterback for a team willing to reach. But lets also be real here, it certainly can go both ways as we've seen before so I support Elway's approach to this.
        Last edited by BroncosDivision; 03-03-2016, 12:23 AM.
        Adopted Poster
        AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
          Why some of you guys might be wrong about RG III:

1. He got a big head because the owner was hanging out with him personally, and telling him he didn't need to listen to the coach. Rare is the player that wouldn't fall victim to that.
          2. The locker room and team culture was pure chaos. There's a reason DC has been a case study in failure for 20 years
          3. He had very little talent around him
          4. He was benched this year because he didn't fit the scheme of an unimaginitive journeyman coach

Why RG III could thrive here:

1. Elway and Kubiak will give him strong boundaries
          2. He idolizes Elway and is a Broncos fan. He'll probably listen to what he's told
          3. He'll be coming into a powerful locker room culture that is built on teamwork and winning
          4. He'll be surrounded by amazing talent and won't have to do more than keep his composure and stay in the scheme
          5. He's had way more success in the past than Brock ever had with WAY less talent around him
          6. We might be able to sign him for less than 5m for 2 years

You could make a similar case for Kaep. Seriously...what player did have success the last two years in SF?

If Elway and Koobz think they can reach either of these guys, then I'd be 10x more excited for either over Brock. Brock could be decent, but he didn't show us much to get excited about last year. Imagine how bad it will be when people get more tape on him.
          If he couldn't manage a Shanahan offense what makes you think he can control a Kubiak offense? Same style

He will not thrive in Denver, he will just get hurt again and then we are looking at whoever the backup is again. I am going to be extremely disappointed if he is the choice for next season. Imo, zero chance of a repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pack Mules View Post
            I would let Brock go, pick up RG3. How bad can he be? We had the worst QB play for us last year Manning(not career wise of course) 18 ints, I don't think RG3 can be that bad, all he has to do is game manage with the defense we got
            So if all you have to do is just manage than why not just draft and groom a rookie? Guys that have injury prone tags usually have them for a reason....because they get injured A LOT

Comment

• I'm not sure I agree with the you just need to manage mantra. There were numerous times last year that Manning and Brock had to put together clutch drives, that I'm not sure a "manager" could do. That's the problem with a rookie, in those clutch situations can they be trusted to take the reigns off, and make the right call? Even a FA can be asked the same question.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                I'm not sure I agree with the you just need to manage mantra. There were numerous times last year that Manning and Brock had to put together clutch drives, that I'm not sure a "manager" could do. That's the problem with a rookie, in those clutch situations can they be trusted to take the reigns off, and make the right call? Even a FA can be asked the same question.
                I've been saying this for weeks now . Nice post

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                  What would you think Fitz signs for ? Or kaep ? . Kaep has 12 coming to him from a team that wants to keep him . The jets say they want to resign Fitz .
                  I would guess in the $15M range.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure I agree with the you just need to manage mantra. There were numerous times last year that Manning and Brock had to put together clutch drives, that I'm not sure a "manager" could do. That's the problem with a rookie, in those clutch situations can they be trusted to take the reigns off, and make the right call? Even a FA can be asked the same question.
                    I don't know if i trust Os to do that. That's the problem I see in him...after 4 years...still no faith in him.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                      Sometimes an incumbent starter has the job. Street was a good QB - he had a strong start to his 2010 season then had ups and downs. Threet lost a very close 20-19 loss at Wisconsin which started a downward spiral for the Sun Devils in 2010. Threet finished the 2010 season with 2,553 passing yards, 18 touchdowns and 16 interceptions.

This was significantly less than what Os did. Sometimes coaches have a bias for the player they bring in from another school. Who knows how Os would have played that season instead of Street - he certainly had a better season the following year.

Again, if TC was so much better why did Kubiak not start him when Manning was benched?

It's not a big deal - just trying to understand that if everything looked better in TC - why not come in during the KC game to takeover for Manning?
                      Experience, they wanted to see what Os had his last season, Os was the better option at that point. I just don't understand what people see in Os that make them think he can be this great QB going forward, even claiming he could be a top 5 QB.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        I would guess in the $15M range.
                        Actually the speculation is around the $10-$12M range for Fitzpatrick. A 33 year old journeyman that has a career QB rating of about 80. That is the guy so many of you think is "the answer" to the Broncos QB situation?

Also when looking at the details of the Bradford deal that is supposedly setting the market price. His salary for 2016 is about $7M. Add in the signing bonus and incentives his cap charge is basically $12.5M this season.

Very much within the working parameters of getting a deal done with Osweiler. Unless one team truly covets his potential and commits a long term with high guarantee to Osweiler, he will be back. Probably not as low as some will want or as ridiculously over priced as some are worrying about.

IMO Osweiler should be and will be the starter next year. But I have been wrong before too.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheManningMelon View Post
                          Elway will prove you wrong.
                          How? Let's just say the Jets don't get Fitz deal done and he walks. What has he done in the past 11 seasons that would make you or anyone think he's actually a "good option"? He had 2 mediocre seasons and both were in contract years. Outside of that, he's been a sorry bizzaro-Kyle Orton. 6 teams in 11 seasons, Elway must have magical Va-poo-ride if u think he can polish that turd into anything other than shiny turd. I'd rather roll with one of the bum QB's available in t h e draft. At least there's hope of an upside.
                          #swapping

Comment

Agreed. Some talk like the offense did nothing, and any monkey could be QB and win the Super Bowl with the Broncos. That's simply not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                              I don't know if i trust Os to do that. That's the problem I see in him...after 4 years...still no faith in him.
                              Which is why they are in this situation, but I do know Oz has what it takes see NE and CIN
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• "I don't think you can be a good quarterback unless you're a really good game manager." - Nick Saban

"Every quarterback is a game manager, it's what the job is all about." - Bill Polian

Great to be clutch. Nothing wrong with being a game manager...we make this a negative and it really isn't. I know it's great to have a playmaker QB. RG3 had some playmaker flashes and look how it's worked out so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X