Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources: The Denver Broncos Have Made A Substantial Contract Offer To Brock Osweiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    http://bsndenver.com/sources-broncos...r-three-years/

The offer is $39M over 3 years That's $13M per year...That's about the deal I expected and hoped for, hopefully he'll take it.
    If he doesn't take that deal, then see ya Brock. That type of deal gives him good money, and he can get a bigger payday if he can prove his worth. It also let's us get out quick with little harm done once we find out he is just an average QB.

Comment

The offer is $39M over 3 years That's $13M per year...That's about the deal I expected and hoped for, hopefully he'll take it.
      Very interesting, article claims most of the 1st two are guranteed. Elway is offering essentially a bridge deal. Play good, and we renegotiate the middle of the 2nd year. Also, gives us time to develop a young guy if Brock flops. I could see Brock's issue with it being essentially a 2 year deal, and he may seek long term stability. An injury or poor OL play (which he saw first hand) gives him little margin for error. I could see him take a deal offering 15m a year, but with guranteed money throughout.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

If this offer is true the real question is, does Kubiak trust how Brock will spend the money?

Comment

• Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
          If this offer is true the real question is, does Kubiak trust how Brock will spend the money?
          What does a coach care how a player spends his money?? Not his concern, he just has to play good football

Comment

It's a little more than I hoped for but less than I think/thought he would take. Seems like a fair deal and I think he should take it.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              It's a little more than I hoped for but less than I think/thought he would take. Seems like a fair deal and I think he should take it.
              This is kind of the price point I expected. I don't think we could offer any less and have him take it, heck he might not even take this. If he doesn't I'm good with us moving on, we gave him a fair offer he'll either take it or won't and life goes on.
              sigpic

Comment

This is kind of the price point I expected. I don't think we could offer any less and have him take it, heck he might not even take this. If he doesn't I'm good with us moving on, we gave him a fair offer he'll either take it or won't and life goes on.
                I don't think Brock had a better chance at becoming a long term starter than he does at Denver. He may make more over the next two years somewhere else, but I think he loses money in the long term.

New coaches, new system. If he doesn't perform well, he could out like Beadles is out now.

Comment

• The Broncos have offered Osweiler a three-year contract proposal that is worth more than $45 million, NFL sources told 9NEWS. Osweiler can become an unrestricted free agent at 2 p.m. Wednesday. The market begins with a “soft” opening Monday where free agents can talk to other teams to gage interest and their value.

The Broncos’ $45 million-plus package includes incentives. Typically, some incentives are more makeable than others. It’s not known how much of the package is fully guaranteed, but still the offer could be deemed strong considering Osweiler has but seven NFL starts.

http://www.9news.com/sports/broncos-...llion/69607526

Thats alot more than i thought, i think he wants more years though.

Comment

• Wow that's a little higher than I thought they would go with such a short evaluation period. There must be other reasons they offered that much. Not saying he's not worth it, but would have been nice to see at least 1 full season.

Comment

• Originally posted by paycheckeffort View Post
                      Wow that's a little higher than I thought they would go with such a short evaluation period. There must be other reasons they offered that much. Not saying he's not worth it, but would have been nice to see at least 1 full season.
                      It's on the border of being higher than I want to see...Then again we really don't know the details, how much is guaranteed, how much the incentives are, ect... It'll be interesting to see if he takes it. I hope he does because I don't see him getting a better offer from us, if he doesn't take this, it's going to be Houston or someone else, I doubt we climb over 16M
                      sigpic

Comment

It's on the border of being higher than I want to see...Then again we really don't know the details, how much is guaranteed, how much the incentives are, ect... It'll be interesting to see if he takes it. I hope he does because I don't see him getting a better offer from us, if he doesn't take this, it's going to be Houston or someone else, I doubt we climb over 16M
                        I concur; I imagine that "feel" Malik & Trev are goners so they'll more inclined to up offer a few million each of the first 2 years to ensure continuity at the QB position. They can replace Trev with in-house options (complimented by a mid round selection)... Draft Malik's replacement (and compliment that loss with a vet signing)... Ergo, while not missing much on defense... They can maintain SB level of play with an improved offense, and keeping Brock ensures that (mainly bc he commands respect in locker room).

So... they give him, basically, 2 years as a tryout. I imagine they kicked tires on trading for KAP, preferring that option at 11 mil (over Brock at 15) but probably felt that wasn't going to be feasible.

So, while they preferred to have BO in the 8-12 range... They'll settle for 15. Again, not optimal... but Elway is somewhat flexible when it comes to upping offers... He has proven, tho, that there is a bottom line and if BO wants more... DEN will let him walk.

In essence, this means Bruton is a goner... PLUS, maybe even a Ware or Clady (b/c now more urgent to cut one of them)... That extra 3-5 million would've went to keep a player like Bruton. Probably wasn't enough to keep a TREV or MALIK. Either way, DEN should be able to make a few, shrewd low-cost free agent signings... and if they draft well... not much damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                          I concur; I imagine that "feel" Malik & Trev are goners so they'll more inclined to up offer a few million each of the first 2 years to ensure continuity at the QB position. They can replace Trev with in-house options (complimented by a mid round selection)... Draft Malik's replacement (and compliment that loss with a vet signing)... Ergo, while not missing much on defense... They can maintain SB level of play with an improved offense, and keeping Brock ensures that (mainly bc he commands respect in locker room).

So... they give him, basically, 2 years as a tryout. I imagine they kicked tires on trading for KAP, preferring that option at 11 mil (over Brock at 15) but probably felt that wasn't going to be feasible.

So, while they preferred to have BO in the 8-12 range... They'll settle for 15. Again, not optimal... but Elway is somewhat flexible when it comes to upping offers... He has proven, tho, that there is a bottom line and if BO wants more... DEN will let him walk.

In essence, this means Bruton is a goner... PLUS, maybe even a Ware or Clady (b/c now more urgent to cut one of them)... That extra 3-5 million would've went to keep a player like Bruton. Probably wasn't enough to keep a TREV or MALIK. Either way, DEN should be able to make a few, shrewd low-cost free agent signings... and if they draft well... not much damage.
                          Malik was gone no matter what. He posted a picture of him and his kid and captioned it "and they wonder why I'm chasing money"

He wants to go out and get paid, even if we didn't offer Brock this deal, Malik wasn't sticking around.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hmm, so the Broncos must think very highly of Osweiler.
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                              Hmm, so the Broncos must think very highly of Osweiler.
                              Depends on the contract structure but Brock should still see whats out there in FA.

Denver is still his best situation.

But whats the guaranteed money, contract structure, incentives, etc. Didnt think Elway would go that high for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                                Depends on the contract structure but Brock should still see whats out there in FA.

Denver is still his best situation.

But whats the guaranteed money, contract structure, incentives, etc. Didnt think Elway would go that high for him.
                                I read on the nfl.com website that the 3 year $45 million contract offer would rank him the 16th highest paid QB. I think that's fair compensation.
                                Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Working...
                                X