X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chad72
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Dont tell Patriots fans that, they think it was the same defense/team.
    Yeah, Jeremy Lane gets an INT off Brady, then gets his knees taken out by Edelman in quarter 1. It helps Brady pick on his sub the entire game.

Next, while Avril was in the game along with Bennett, the lead ballooned to 24-14 and Avril got flattened by Bolden, I think, in pass protection and left with a concussion mid 3rd quarter. Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor, two key pieces in their secondary, were playing with injuries and eventually had off season procedures to address the same.

Their DL that was 7 or 8 deep from 2013 had already lost 2 pieces to free agency (then add the Avril concussion), plus their best nickel CB Walter Thurmond from the previous year (then add the injury to nickel CB Jeremy Lane early on), and they did not have Percy Harvin for the element of speed that they had vs the Broncos, which would have been deadly to go along with Marshawn Lynch for reverses and fakes.

All of those are facts.

If there was one thing the Patriots did was scheme better, and fight fire with fire, and stand up to the Seahawks bullies on the field with their own bullying and DB contact with Revis and Browner, something the Broncos did not have in 2013 SB. The attitude was a big difference, the execution was aided by enough injuries on the Seahawks side, still gotta give props to making the plays when they had to, I can't objectively take that away from them.

Leave a comment:

• JJBroncoFan
    replied
    I gotta say, it would be funny if Tommy boy, after getting beat up during his "revenge tour," ended up getting suspended anyway. He made his bed, hopefully they make him sleep in it. I bet Goddell is getting tired of losing to the damn Union lol.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    I doubt anything happens but hope it does just because i love seeing angry Pats fans.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by chad72 View Post
    That would make it 4 out of 5 times the Brady-Peyton playoff winner winning the SB.

2013 was almost like fool's gold, the Seahawks were just too strong. The 2014 Seahawks squad and D was not as healthy or potent as the 2013, IMO.
    Dont tell Patriots fans that, they think it was the same defense/team.

Leave a comment:

• chad72
    replied
    Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    I'm still playing that card with all the Cheatriots fans here in Hawaii!!
    Man that was ALMOST better than winning the SB.
    Lol
    That would make it 4 out of 5 times the Brady-Peyton playoff winner winning the SB.

2013 was almost like fool's gold, the Seahawks were just too strong. The 2014 Seahawks squad and D was not as healthy or potent as the 2013, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• hawaiiiancrush
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Well we did that in the AFCCG this year. That was so much fun to watch too. And it did make the win so much sweeter cause all we heard is how when the Pats get all their weapons back they were gonna come back to Denver and beat the living snot out of us. Still didn't happen.
    I'm still playing that card with all the Cheatriots fans here in Hawaii!!
    Man that was ALMOST better than winning the SB.
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSynapses
    replied
    Well we did that in the AFCCG this year. That was so much fun to watch too. And it did make the win so much sweeter cause all we heard is how when the Pats get all their weapons back they were gonna come back to Denver and beat the living snot out of us. Still didn't happen.
    That victory was almost, I repeat, almost, more satisfying than winning SB 50. I even got a little choked up with pure joy!

Leave a comment:

• johntbronco
    replied
    I'm kind of done with this crap. Let it go.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I still think Tommy was a bad boy, but whatever. They lost a 1st rounder. They'll never take away The SB win, which is what probably should have happened, but cmon, I don't live in a dark hole.

But based on what I can tell, we beat them both times this year, and both times with QBs/Olines that were a little suspect. Not knocking Oz, because he won one of the games, and looked quite good! But what I am getting at is this, we can own them again this season, with Brady. A decent QB/Oline/Run game - all areas we will likely improve overall, supported by our D, will again make life miserable for The Pats! Plus they suck here!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-03-2016, 09:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheManningMelon
    replied
    Oh brother. Yanno, I have this theory that the level of stupidity deemed acceptable is directly proportional to wealth and power. A guy like Goodell is a great example of this. You take him, put him in power of a 6-figure a year company, and that guy wouldn't make it one day on the job. Hell, he probably wouldn't even have gotten the job in the first place. But, he kisses butt up the way of a multi-billion dollar business, and he's safe even though he's the most inconsistent, irrational mis-managing leaders of a company that I've seen. I can cite others in our culture, but I'm sure you know of some where my theory of proportionality applies.

There should be standard fines for things like this, especially with a company this size. Same goes for how they hand off-field legal issues. All of the waffling and ambiguity turned this thing into a fiasco. I heard this morning they've spent over $20 million in legal fees on this dumb incident.

What a circus....

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Yes, the Brady revenge-tour that, well, wasn't. Good times.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Exactly! And this year I would love to do it in NE if it works out that way. Honestly, I enjoy beating the Pats and Steelers more than I do the AFCW rivals.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    I want to beats the Pats with their best players on the field. It makes the taste of their whining th a t much more savory.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    I want to beats the Pats with their best players on the field. It makes the taste of their whining th a t much more savory.
    Me too! I don't want to see Garrapalo getting rocked and then getting up and just putting his head down. I want to see that cry baby drama Queen out there screaming about late hits and holding on every play that doesn't go his way.
    If he is suspended it will just be another excuse for the Chowda Heads!

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    Let's look at it this way. Even if Brady didn't know or direct these guys to do it...a bit of a stretch IMO but let's assume. He still held onto a VERY under inflated football and threw it. Multiple times. By suspending a guy like Brady it truly puts and adds a level of player accountability to the game which is must needed.

- If you get hurt...say something
    - IF you think something is off and could impact the outcome of the game...say something.
    - If you know there is something off and the INTEGRITY of the game is at stake...say something.

....Otherwise be punished.
    Same logic applies to the center, doesn't it? Yet I have never heard anyone holding him responsible , as they should.

Then again, I also have not heard of the Center giving the locker room attendants signed gear and exchanging texts and giving fun dieting nicknames either. Maybe that is why the focus remains on Brady.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X