Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von will be contestant on DWTS

(Rotoworld)

Broncos franchise player Von Miller will be a contestant on the upcoming season of Dancing With the Stars.

Looking to become the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history, Miller will stay in shape with some reality television. Hopefully his dances are more family friendly than the one that got him fined last season. Miller and the Broncos have until July 15 to reach a long-term agreement.

------

The man is everywhere this offseason...

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    (Rotoworld)

Broncos franchise player Von Miller will be a contestant on the upcoming season of Dancing With the Stars.

Looking to become the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history, Miller will stay in shape with some reality television. Hopefully his dances are more family friendly than the one that got him fined last season. Miller and the Broncos have until July 15 to reach a long-term agreement.

------

I hate this. Every time someone seems like they lose focus on football and become a celebrity, it seems bad luck follows.

Victor Cruz did it then got hurt and is now a non factor.
    Marshall was doing some TV show and it happened to him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
      I hate this. Every time someone seems like they lose focus on football and become a celebrity, it seems bad luck follows.

Yeah that's scary hoping Miller isn't next in line to follow suit.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post

It can't be helped. The SB turned Von into a national superstar. He's not only a great talent, but also a fun, charismatic guy. The media love athletes like him. Hopefully he stays grounded.

Comment

Cant blame the guy i wish he would just focus on football too but hes still human and why not cash out when you're a superbowl mvp

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
            Cant blame the guy i wish he would just focus on football too but hes still human and why not cash out when you're a superbowl mvp
            I think Von wants to have marketability which will increase his payday with endorsement deals and build his brand which athletes in all sports are doing more nowadays.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
              (Rotoworld)

------

I hope he doesn't get hurt.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell;5393189[B
                ]I hope he doesn't get hurt[/B].
                Was just going to post this lol, I would hate to be the judge that tells him he's going home.
                [sigpic

Comment

I absolutely hate this. Not only for the fact that he may lose focus on football, but to be honest, I get scared when guy's heads get too big and become national celebrities. I'll say it. Having all that money coming, being a national celebrity, I get concerned that he might get into a little trouble with the smoking pot and stuff. Sorry if that offends, but I do.

Which is why I REALLY want my guy DeMarcus to stay here. Not just for his play on the field but because we need his leadership and intangibles in the locker room. He has had a tremendous impact on Von in helping him mature. But with all that is coming for Von with being a SB MVP, I get concerned.

Maybe I shouldn't but I am.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    I absolutely hate this. Not only for the fact that he may lose focus on football, but to be honest, I get scared when guy's heads get too big and become national celebrities. I'll say it. Having all that money coming, being a national celebrity, I get concerned that he might get into a little trouble with the smoking pot and stuff. Sorry if that offends, but I do.

Which is why I REALLY want my guy DeMarcus to stay here. Not just for his play on the field but because we need his leadership and intangibles in the locker room. He has had a tremendous impact on Von in helping him mature. But with all that is coming for Von with being a SB MVP, I get concerned.

I sort of agree. But if the celeb status doesn't go to his head, dancing is probably a great offseason activity. You get a mental and physical break from football. Football is a grind. And dancing is good for you. I think Herschel Walker and Lynn Swann did ballet in the offseason. I think it brought some fluidity and control over the finer movements of the body. That's good for your body's health if you gain more of that. Especially if it was ever lacking.

But yeah, you gotta stay humble and be hungry by the time Sept comes around. If Von can stay humble, keep a clear mind, good attitude and just have fun, it could be good.
                    Last edited by Jim Mora; 03-04-2016, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
                      I sort of agree. But if the celeb status doesn't go to his head, dancing is probably a great offseason activity. You get a mental and physical break from football. Football is a grind. And dancing is good for you. I think Herschel Walker and Lynn Swann did ballet in the offseason. I think it brought some fluidity and control over the finer movements of the body. That's good for your body's health if you gain more of that. Especially if it was ever lacking.

But yeah, you gotta stay humble and be hungry by the time Sept comes around. If Von can stay humble, keep a clear mind, good attitude and just have fun, it could be good.
                      Great points Jim. It is a good outlet for people actually. I guess I just worry a little knowing that he was in trouble just a season ago with being suspended for substance abuse and then trying to dilute his urine sample and trying to bribe the collector of said sample. He certainly has come a long way but he does need to keep his head about him with all this new found fame and money coming.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post

I agree that if it goes to his head and affects the time he puts into football, it certainly could be a bad thing. But I'm not sure there is definite cause for concern just yet. Let's not pretend like these guys don't have lives in the offseason. They just aren't usually broadcast on television. The show takes place from March to May (I believe). Players have social lives and participate in activities during those months. So, rather than playing a lot of basketball or going out and living it up (both of which are reasonable things for players to do in the offseason), he'll be devoting a decent amount of time in the dance studio.

Also, chances are he'll still be working out. I doubt he's going to drop everything in order to practice for the show. By the time the show is over, OTA's still won't have started. He should have plenty of time to get back into the grind.

I'm not saying this won't turn out bad, I'm just holding out hope that he can keep his head on his shoulders. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                          I agree that if it goes to his head and affects the time he puts into football, it certainly could be a bad thing. But I'm not sure there is definite cause for concern just yet. Let's not pretend like these guys don't have lives in the offseason. They just aren't usually broadcast on television. The show takes place from March to May (I believe). Players have social lives and participate in activities during those months. So, rather than playing a lot of basketball or going out and living it up (both of which are reasonable things for players to do in the offseason), he'll be devoting a decent amount of time in the dance studio.

Also, chances are he'll still be working out. I doubt he's going to drop everything in order to practice for the show. By the time the show is over, OTA's still won't have started. He should have plenty of time to get back into the grind.

I'm not saying this won't turn out bad, I'm just holding out hope that he can keep his head on his shoulders. :thumb:
                          Sounds good to me. I'm not so worried about him being on the show as much as I'm worried that all this fame and fortune gets to his head. Just want him to keep his head about him and on his shoulders like you said.

Comment

Source: #Steelers WR Antonio Brown will appear on this season of "Dancing with the Stars." He'll join Von Miller, on @DancingABC #DWTS
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

LAME!!!!! I am glad he is franchised this year, that way if he gets hurt or the fame goes to his head, The Broncos and Elway aren't on the hook for over a 100 million for a Dancer.

Comment

Working...
                              X