Mortensen: Manning to retire Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortensen: Manning to retire Monday

Filed to ESPN: Five-time NFL MVP Peyton Manning will announce his retirement Monday in Denver per source familiar with the QB's decision

Mort is in Archie's circle
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday

Five-time NFL MVP Peyton Manning will announce his retirement after 18 years during a news conference Monday at the Denver Broncos headquarters, a source familiar with the quarterback's decision told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The Broncos' Super Bowl 50 victory over the Carolina Panthers was indeed his last rodeo.

History will show the quarterback was in the NFL 18 seasons, made four Super Bowl trips with two titles, set a mountain of records and earned a place on football's Mount Rushmore.

Manning, who played 14 seasons with the Indianapolis Colts, was a first-ballot Hall* of* Famer*-in*-waiting before spinal fusion surgery caused him to miss the 2011 season. He went to the Broncos as a free agent in 2012 and authored the most prolific season of any quarterback in history in 2013. The Broncos made two Super Bowl trips in Manning's final three seasons.
    Per espn.com
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

:clap: :clap: Standing ovation, he deserves one.

Thank you Peyton for bringing the Lombardi trophy home again, 2 super bowl appearances in 3 years.....Thank you!!

Comment

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 43s44 seconds ago
        Source confirms @mortreport Peyton Manning has informed the Broncos he is retiring. #9news #9sports

Comment

It is beautiful to go out a SUPER BOWL CHAMPION!!!!

Comment

Peyton, you are one of a kind. I'm actually sad and happy. I'm sad because you were truly one of the greats of all time. I'm happy because you are going out on top. I was proud that you were our QB. You gave your all to the Denver Broncos and the Colts and you truly were a class act on and off the field.

You will be missed. Thank you for everything you have done with your charitable giving. Thank you what you have done for our team. Thank you for what you have done for the players around you.

A big standing ovation for you and I'm sure you will be just as successful in whatever you do from here on out. :clap:
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Mile High Salute to you Mr Manning.

Comment

He should ask for his release, just to be sure, in case he wants to change his mind.

That said, if this is the decision, he's had a great career and deserves many accolades.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I'm excited that PFM is retiring as a Bronco and not doing a 1 day contract with the Colts. That being said I hope he still gets in the HOF... I mean we know how it goes for greats who played for the Broncos and they don't get in...... (Sarcasm we know there is no doubt he gets in)

Thanks for everything you have done for our fans and franchise with Elway.

How will Irsay respond?
                  sigpic
                  The Bronco fan pledge;
                  I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                  I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                  I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                  I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                  Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Thank you Peyton for all you have done for the Broncos organization. You will be missed.
                    sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

It almost doesn't feel real. The NFL is about to say goodbye to one of the greatest to play the game.

As a Bronco fan for over 30 years; I have always been a Manning fan, as many have. I remember my excitement when I turned on espn to find out He was coming to Denver. At that time I didn't expect to be in two superbowls in four years, but we did. The 2013 season was one I will never forget regardless of how it ended.

I believe that I can speak for everyone when I say; We are all very thankful for what he brought to the mile high city. I would also like to say thank you to Elway for making it happen. It's been a fun ride sheriff.

Thank you PFM...GOAT!
                      Last edited by CDUB1620; 03-06-2016, 06:09 AM.

Comment

http://youtu.be/JcEptkuG_is

Comment

Chris Mortsensen is out on leave battling cancer, so it's cool that Manning reached out to him to break the story.

Comment

Thank you Peyton, 2013 was pretty special. Glad I got to see you play (and beat up on teams we didn't like) as a Bronco. :clap:
                            [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
                              Chris Mortsensen is out on leave battling cancer, so it's cool that Manning reached out to him to break the story.
                              Great observation...kick that cancers butt Mortensen!

Comment

Working...
                              X