No announcement yet.

Brandon Marshall signs 1yr Tender!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes. I would have made it a 1st round tender. I can see a team giving up a 2nd to get Marshall.

Comment

Great news! Does that just leave Malik and Trevathan unsigned on the defense? I think everyone else is buttoned-up right?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
        Great news! Does that just leave Malik and Trevathan unsigned on the defense? I think everyone else is buttoned-up right?
        It still leaves Brandon Marshall unsigned - he can negotiate with other teams until April 22nd.

Comment

If a team wants him for a second round pick, Denver will smile and take it to the draft. No team is going to pony up a second rounder for a good, solid but not great LB.

Marshall is going to end up re-signing for these exact dollar amounts if Denver doesn't offer a long term deal first. Retaining Marshall is necessary but not a priority-- he'll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
            If a team wants him for a second round pick, Denver will smile and take it to the draft. No team is going to pony up a second rounder for a good, solid but not great LB.

Marshall is going to end up re-signing for these exact dollar amounts if Denver doesn't offer a long term deal first. Retaining Marshall is necessary but not a priority-- he'll be back.
            I would say great but not elite, he would be an upgrade on almost any team. I could see a needy team that picks late giving up essentially an early third round pick for him.
            Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
              Wow....let's be honest 2.5 mil a year aint bad. IF he has another year like he did this year then I suspect he will simply command a larger payday.
              That seems like Minn wage.....Elway needs to get this contract fixed and made long term for a lot more money as soon as the draft ends.... Lets get him at a little discount instead of risking loosing him next off season cause someone is going to play big $ to this kinda player
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

What did he make last year? Is it a significant hike in salary for him?

Comment

What a difference a day makes (

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                    What did he make last year? Is it a significant hike in salary for him?
                    He made $585,000 last year (although he'll probably get a few hundred thousand more from the Performance Based Bonus Pool).

Comment

Originally posted by SLeeLeeS View Post
                      What a difference a day makes (
                      Not a huge difference really...Malik and Trev are both replaceable with players already on the team. Life goes on and we'll be just fine
                      sigpic

Comment

Good deal for the Broncos. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          That seems like Minn wage.....Elway needs to get this contract fixed and made long term for a lot more money as soon as the draft ends.... Lets get him at a little discount instead of risking loosing him next off season cause someone is going to play big $ to this kinda player
                          I'm sure Elway would if the money and situation was there. Unfortunately, Elway needs a QB, some offensive line help, and to pay his HOF linebacker Von Miller. Those are all big money and positions that aren't easily solved by a true rookie out of a draft. Bigger fish to fry, yanno?

Comment

Would love to have Bruton back but he seems like he's gone as well. Was looking for around 5 mil per and a starting spot.

Comment

Good news. He was amazing this year. I would have thought he would get more money.

Comment

Working...
                              X